"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Right after I posted, NRC synced my Garmin runs in lol

Deleted my manually imputed runs.

I want to demo a COROS watch before I fully commit jumping ship. There’s usually a promo with AMEX points on Amazon. I think it’s 40% off, so I’m waiting on that.

NRC is back at it again with another 10mi challenge (total distance to run through April) to earn a 10% off starting on 05/10/23 through 05/31/23.

9A1C872D-452D-4C11-B36A-8194E84CDB07.jpeg

B81D763D-DFF9-4D9F-B231-F51288CDE6CE.jpeg

Just did a quick first run in the Cumulus 25 and it feels to me like a cross between Novablast and superblast. I’m really digging these 👌

these are next on my list once asics us releases this CW. looking to pair them with the nimbus 25 but cant lie that this white/gum pair is going to fit in well as a casual shoe as well.

on another note, been putting in miles in the Kinvara 14 with about 60ish miles on them now and super good light weight, no frills shoe. just firm and traditional, but feels great on those tempo/track days for those that may have been curious on how the shoe fairs

these are next on my list once asics us releases this CW. looking to pair them with the nimbus 25 but cant lie that this white/gum pair is going to fit in well as a casual shoe as well.

on another note, been putting in miles in the Kinvara 14 with about 60ish miles on them now and super good light weight, no frills shoe. just firm and traditional, but feels great on those tempo/track days for those that may have been curious on how the shoe fairs
They’re not in yet? I got the cream SB in cart rn

Yeah it’s a great colourway, wasn’t much out there about them, but took a gamble and wasn’t expecting to like them as much as I do.

Was thinking of picking up the nimbus 25 in the cream fawn cw once they release here in UK.

Only other shoe I’m after now is the undyed versions of either the prime x strung or the Adios pro 3.

Finally hit the 9,000mi milestone in NRC! 320.2mi to go for VOLT!

319B9297-BF71-4FA6-8081-EC3F020BCA81.jpeg

Chose the EPro1s to accomplish it in the rain. They’re my designated rainy day shoes.

3F0BD0F8-48B2-4A49-A8E0-737DBCABB416.jpeg
Sheesh! How often do you run? I just hit blue a few weeks ago & was over the moon lol. I just run a weekly 5k. I’m more into weight lifting.

Your pace is also pretty impressive

Sheesh! How often do you run? I just hit blue a few weeks ago & was over the moon lol. I just run a weekly 5k. I’m more into weight lifting.

Your pace is also pretty impressive

Right on! I started logging my runs with the Nike app back in 2012ish. However, when the pandemic hit, I went on hiatus for amount 18-19 months and focused on weights and strength training.

Weights and Strength Training have helped me IMMENSELY with my form, efficiently and pace. Now, I run when I’m training for races.

Has anyone ran in the Nike invincible run 3? Is it ok for a casual runner? I hit like 2-3 miles a run
It's a max cushion shoe and therefore targeted for easy/recovery runs. Absolutely fine for a casual runner. I've used version 1 and the only complaint that my wife ( my running partner ) had was that you could hear me from a mile away. There's a weird plodding sound that zoomx makes. I know that all versions use full zoomx so not sure if that is still present. Other than that, you're dropping 180 for casual running. Im not mad at that, just that there are other cheaper options. Then again this is NT where collabs can turn into beaters and we're on to the next every week.

It's a max cushion shoe and therefore targeted for easy/recovery runs. Absolutely fine for a casual runner. I've used version 1 and the only complaint that my wife ( my running partner ) had was that you could hear me from a mile away. There's a weird plodding sound that zoomx makes. I know that all versions use full zoomx so not sure if that is still present. Other than that, you're dropping 180 for casual running. Im not mad at that, just that there are other cheaper options. Then again this is NT where collabs can turn into beaters and we're on to the next every week.

Mind sending some cheaper options? Any brand, thanks in advance

In the same Nike family, their entry level casual runner shoe would the Pegasus 40 @ 130.00. I personally prefer the Asics Novablast 3 above all. At 140.00 this shoe does it all for me. Others:

Brooks Ghost-140.00
Hoka Clifton 9-145.00
New Balance 1080 v12 - 160.00 (but can be had on sale)

Generally speaking any of the above will be ok for a neutral runner.

The ASICS NovaBlast 3s are probably the standouts for 2023 for their versatility. They really do it all.

The Endorphin Speed 1 or 2s were the standouts for me last year. They’re probably reduced even further now. They also have a nylon plate, and they’re just as versatile.

I need to spend more time in this thread.

The dreaded 8 miler today. This run is cursed for me. Only other time I ran this far was a year and a half ago when I started to feel some back pain after the run. Went to work that Monday and ended up straining my back after lifting some lumber. Could hardly walk for about a month. Needless to say, I had to put running down for a while and climb my way back.

So here we are again. Full circle. I only planned a 7 mile run today. 3 miles in I felt real good and figured it was time. Set my mind for that extra mile. 5 miles in, it starts raining. It's okay, I've been here plenty before. Then after another mile, it starts hailing. Yea, I've never been here before:lol:. Thankfully only lasted about 10 min. Weather cleared up in the last mile but not before it rained again at the end. I'm glad I got through it all tho. Not just the run, but everything I did to get back here. Goal for now is a 10 miler by the end of next month.

IMG_20230422_083044.jpg

IMG_20230422_083149.jpg

Screenshot_20230422-094323~2.jpg

I need to spend more time in this thread.

The dreaded 8 miler today. This run is cursed for me. Only other time I ran this far was a year and a half ago when I started to feel some back pain after the run. Went to work that Monday and ended up straining my back after lifting some lumber. Could hardly walk for about a month. Needless to say, I had to put running down for a while and climb my way back.

So here we are again. Full circle. I only planned a 7 mile run today. 3 miles in I felt real good and figured it was time. Set my mind for that extra mile. 5 miles in, it starts raining. It's okay, I've been here plenty before. Then after another mile, it starts hailing. Yea, I've never been here before:lol:. Thankfully only lasted about 10 min. Weather cleared up in the last mile but not before it rained again at the end. I'm glad I got through it all tho. Not just the run, but everything I did to get back here. Goal for now is a 10 miler by the end of next month.

IMG_20230422_083044.jpg

IMG_20230422_083149.jpg

Screenshot_20230422-094323~2.jpg

Lucky man, I’d kill for a running scene like that!

Back
Top Bottom