"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

guys, I got in at 140 for these shoes… can’t even walk in them. . Can’t even walk with any heel strike 😅

Edit: returning asap

Last edited:
guys, I got in at 140 for these shoes… can’t even walk in them. . Can’t even walk with any heel strike 😅

They're pretty nuts! Definitely not walking shoes, nor any running that isn't midfoot striking on forwards. I'm a pretty seasoned runner and I'm shocked by how aggressive they are.

Would you prefer these or the Cielo X1?

For fast running, I think the Rebellion Pro has it. 2 ounces lighter and they just feel fast. I’ll get a more detailed impression after I race in 9 days, I’m a bit scared of them now😂 For everything else, Cielo.

Been a great couple days for me, my tracks, Miss Elliot came in a couple days ago for casualwear and then today I got a surprise to find my Altra Vanish carbon 2 got here 2 day’s early! Pics to come…

Reebok FloatZig 1……… anybody copping?

had a pair i've been running in for the past year and have enjoyed including it in my rotation - nice plush feel while still having a good bounce and responsiveness to it

had a pair i've been running in for the past year and have enjoyed including it in my rotation - nice plush feel while still having a good bounce and responsiveness to it
These dont release until next month…. Unless you’re a tester for Reebok

Arguably the game changer in the modern day performance running sneakers.

Hoka One One Clifton 1 (retro)
IMG_3989.jpeg

I think without these pushing the envelope there wouldn’t be a VaporFly, Invincible, etc…

1711912751353.png

well aware they haven't dropped yet but lucky enough to be sample size. if youre a fan of the floatride shoes from reebok, then youll enjoy these too
Really appreciate the insight man, I’m gonna pull the trigger

Ran a 10k race last week. Hit a new PR in Hoka Mach 5s. The ride was great.

The coolest part though was checking out all the shoes ppl preferred to run in. Aside from Nike man I saw A TON endorphin speed 3s.

I’m convinced!

I’ve always heard good things about Endorphins (mostly 2s).

Has anyone tried the Cloudmonster Hyper?

I tried them on in my local running store and they felt nice with the more forgiving peba in the forefoot. I didn’t get to run in them but they felt nice. I’m considering them but the price tag is holding me off for now.

Has anyone tried the Cloudmonster Hyper?

I tried them on in my local running store and they felt nice with the more forgiving peba in the forefoot. I didn’t get to run in them but they felt nice. I’m considering them but the price tag is holding me off for now.

I'm at a loss for why I'd pick it up over the Superblast...Feel like On missed the mark here. An ounce heavier, PEBA only in the forefoot, plus more expensive? They do know competition exists right?:lol:

I like the look of them, but completely agree, would save the money for superblast 1 or 2. I got the cloud eclipse and find them very decent compared to the cloud monster 1 I tried while back. The thing with ON is that shoes can perform double duty, their design language lends them to be pretty decent lifestyle shoes too lol

Those are huge stacks!! At least from some of the angles.

Plz release them soon.

Saw them in person this weekend at the Cherry Blossom 10 miler expo at the Asics booth that Believe in the Run was photographing from, they definitely still have that thick stack. Asics rep at the booth said they're still an illegal stack (45mm) and as speculated, the switch to FF Turbo+ from FF Turbo should have them a little softer with a bit more pronounced bounce. Upper also looked nice. Releases July 1 in one colorway with 2 more coming in September.

Used the Endorphin Pro 4 for yesterday's race and really enjoyed it, it might be one of my favorite carbon shoes in how it rolls you along nicely while still feeling stable and controlled. Kept checking my watch and was surprised at the number I was seeing in a good way so that's always nice :smile:

Saw them in person this weekend at the Cherry Blossom 10 miler expo at the Asics booth that Believe in the Run was photographing from, they definitely still have that thick stack. Asics rep at the booth said they're still an illegal stack (45mm) and as speculated, the switch to FF Turbo+ from FF Turbo should have them a little softer with a bit more pronounced bounce. Upper also looked nice. Releases July 1 in one colorway with 2 more coming in September.

Used the Endorphin Pro 4 for yesterday's race and really enjoyed it, it might be one of my favorite carbon shoes in how it rolls you along nicely while still feeling stable and controlled. Kept checking my watch and was surprised at the number I was seeing in a good way so that's always nice :smile:
Any word on MSRP?

Rep said they're keeping it at $200 but not to quote him on that, so hopefully no increase.
I’ve seen a few positive reviews of the Hoka Skyward X. Are you planning to pick them up?

I’m going to wait and try the Skyward X and Cloudmonster Hyper to see which one I should pick up.

I’ve seen a few positive reviews of the Hoka Skyward X. Are you planning to pick them up?

I’m going to wait and try the Skyward X and Cloudmonster Hyper to see which one I should pick up.

I really don’t like heavy shoes, even for easy running. The Skyward, with it being over 11 ounces in a US M9, will be an absolute brick in my M12…so it’s out based on that alone.

I really don’t like heavy shoes, even for easy running. The Skyward, with it being over 11 ounces in a US M9, will be an absolute brick in my M12…so it’s out based on that alone.
The Skyward X reviews are coming out now and I’m definitely going to pick these up.

Yowana just put up his initial run review and he was very positive about the Skyward X.

Back
Top Bottom