"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

4F62C642-6843-4BEA-897D-AD2AEA7BAB99.jpeg

C4E42A86-2750-43F6-999D-A97C1534DE45.jpeg
0C894834-3E71-464F-8FDD-0D2D0D527522.jpeg
74687FA8-7896-42FA-8004-14CFA088DE73.jpeg

Picked up a pair of the new On Running Cloudstratus. First time trying OR, none of their previous shoes appealed to me as they looked narrow but this thing has a nice wide toe box and a nice stack of cushioning. Some interesting stuff going on.
Not had a chance to take them out yet as it’s been downpours here lately but walking about they feel very good and fit very nice.

Also, I cannot wait to pick dirt and tiny stones out of each of those individual holes. Oh what fun awaits lol

C4E42A86-2750-43F6-999D-A97C1534DE45.jpeg
0C894834-3E71-464F-8FDD-0D2D0D527522.jpeg
74687FA8-7896-42FA-8004-14CFA088DE73.jpeg

Picked up a pair of the new On Running Cloudstratus. First time trying OR, none of their previous shoes appealed to me as they looked narrow but this thing has a nice wide toe box and a nice stack of cushioning. Some interesting stuff going on.
Not had a chance to take them out yet as it’s been downpours here lately but walking about they feel very good and fit very nice.

Also, I cannot wait to pick dirt and tiny stones out of each of those individual holes. Oh what fun awaits lol

need your feedback on them as im curious to try these out too. couple reviews out there on Youtube that have been pretty positive, but rather hear back from someone that purchased the shoes with their own money rather than having it sent personally by ON.

does seem like ON is moving in the right direction though cutting some weight and softening up the midsole on the new cloudstratus

need your feedback on them as im curious to try these out too. couple reviews out there on Youtube that have been pretty positive, but rather hear back from someone that purchased the shoes with their own money rather than having it sent personally by ON.

does seem like ON is moving in the right direction though cutting some weight and softening up the midsole on the new cloudstratus

Will report back once the weather clears up here. Yes, I do like where they're heading with this and the Echo Boom.
Always up for trying different brands and technology.

Pretty sure I asked this previously, but what other shoes have a non carbon plate in them?

like the saucony endorphin speeds

is it just those and the zoom tempo next %

Pretty sure I asked this previously, but what other shoes have a non carbon plate in them?

like the saucony endorphin speeds

is it just those and the zoom tempo next %

pretty much those 2 plus the zoom flys would be plated shoes that are non carbon fiber

you do have adidas with the rods in the boston 10 as opposed to the plate, but those would be carbon as well. strange how more brands haven’t opted for nylon plates in a marathon trainer since i think it should be cheaper in cost to utilize

pretty much those 2 plus the zoom flys would be plated shoes that are non carbon fiber

you do have adidas with the rods in the boston 10 as opposed to the plate, but those would be carbon as well. strange how more brands haven’t opted for nylon plates in a marathon trainer since i think it should be cheaper in cost to utilize

I woulda thought with the popularity of the endorphin speeds, we would see more of it

granted I’ve never tried the next% but I from pretty much everything I’ve seen is you gotta figure it out and it only works at speed.. over engineered

what the hell ever happened to the metaracers? did they ever release more cw or go on a discount?

Pretty accurate? I can vouch for Hoka Carbon X....it's pretty underwhelming as carbon plated shoes.

Hoping Molly’s performance compels Puma to make the Deviate Nitro Elite more available. The Velocity Nitro is my favorite daily trainer maybe ever…smooth, light, cushioned yet bouncy. I keep turning to it for long runs, even past the half marathon distance there’s cushion to keep my feet happy. I’d love to feel this foam with a plate in it minus a few ounces.

Hoping Molly’s performance compels Puma to make the Deviate Nitro Elite more available. The Velocity Nitro is my favorite daily trainer maybe ever…smooth, light, cushioned yet bouncy. I keep turning to it for long runs, even past the half marathon distance there’s cushion to keep my feet happy. I’d love to feel this foam with a plate in it minus a few ounces.

coudn't have said it any better, such a sleeper shoe and such a great price for a shoe that can do it all.
big fan of the nitro midsole and do wish i bought the elites when they dropped since they're nonexistent now.
prob gonna pick up the velocity in the meantime

coudn't have said it any better, such a sleeper shoe and such a great price for a shoe that can do it all.
big fan of the nitro midsole and do wish i bought the elites when they dropped since they're nonexistent now.
prob gonna pick up the velocity in the meantime

Picked up a second pair of Velocity’s, at full price mind you(after getting the first pair at 40% off) as I’m burning through them pretty good for my current marathon training block. Just keep reaching for them!

I was unaware that this thread was alive and well. I'm all about some running tech even though I'm not a runner myself. I just enjoy trying out some of the new technology as I'm on my feet a lot.

I recently tried my first pair of Hokas and I enjoy them pretty much. I wouldn't mind giving the Carbon's a try.

got to try on the boston 10 at the store and its looking like a good daily trainer despite the plates/energy rods, only thing that concerns me is the heel might be narrow, felt like my feets gon roll on the lateral side if i land on it too much

if it wasnt excluded from the sale they're having right now, i might gone home with a pair but its something on my radar for sure, looks good in that white cw with orange hints and im not usually a fan of majority white shoes for running

how do they fit? zappos got these for $85, might give it a shot

got to try on the boston 10 at the store and its looking like a good daily trainer despite the plates/energy rods, only thing that concerns me is the heel might be narrow, felt like my feets gon roll on the lateral side if i land on it too much

if it wasnt excluded from the sale they're having right now, i might gone home with a pair but its something on my radar for sure, looks good in that white cw with orange hints and im not usually a fan of majority white shoes for running

how do they fit? zappos got these for $85, might give it a shot

You’ll love them. They fit a bit long, I was able to go half size down versus my Nike size and still have a thumbs width of space at the front of the shoe. I’d say stick to TTS or half size down depending on how you like the fit

Back
Top Bottom