"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Kickstarter type project? When does it actually release?

tbh I’m fine with a $70 eBay one (even after comparing to hypervolt, etc) but I’d want a smaller one I can carry around or use in the car.

Yeah, I backed it in December. I finally received it today. I’m not sure when it releases though. I also scooped up similar mini sized ones on Amazon just to compare. I’ll probably keep one of the other three I ordered.

I’ve had the regular HyperVolt for about two years now. I love it, but this new mini wave is much better, IMO.

Definitely! I feel much more refreshed after having a session with the gun than without one.

After comparing specs, this smaller gun (OYeet NEX) is actually faster than any of the HyperVolts (3200ppm), as it can reach up to 3500ppm. It only weighs 1.3#s, which is less than half of the HV’s weight, and it even has a longer battery life. It sounds slightly more quiet as well. Most important thing, it’s less than half of their prices.
How much is it going to cost?

New colorway of the C7 that I ordered in January ago arrived today. Just too sloppy to take em out yet. Ran the the speedgoat gtx instead.

PXL_20210313_211544815.PORTRAIT.jpg

puma velocity nitro came in earlier this week and got to put a short 10K run this morning and honestly very impressed after the first run

i think it’s a consensus that many are comparing the looks of pumas new running line to a rebranded peg turbo, but if we’re talking performance, i’ll take these over the turbos with zero hesitation

upper on the shoe was comfortable throughout the entire run with zero hot spots and heel slippage. minus the puma cat on the inner toe box, i like the overall clean design. fit for me was TTS

now where i think the velocity shines is that nitro midsole. i tested a variety of paces today and that midsole ride was super smooth for me. it’s a fairly soft midsole, but the bounce and energy return on it was really great at all kinds of paces. it does great at those easy/steady paces but i found it really fun when i picked up the pace

only negative i can really think of the shoe would be it not being wide foot friendly and the tongue possibly irritating those that wear ankle/no shoe socks, both of which wouldn’t be apply to me since i’m not a wide footer and only wear crew socks

upon first impression, the velocity nitro felt like a great versatile daily trainer that should be able to do well at all kinds of paces and distances. this may be the one to dip your toes in if you’re curious about pumas nitro line and i’ll be looking forward to the deviate elite when it’s out
145B03B6-232F-4D21-AF92-7EB5DFBA9A97.jpeg

Any shoes with thin tounge and/or no ankle padding is an automatic ankle/low cut socks for me.

Hi,
Wow sounds great the velocity. I hope its got more stack height than the Peg turbo. What is the stack height? Its sounds like it can do all from recovery to tempo runs? Enough cushion for long runs? How breathable is the upper, looks quite warm? Thanks
Steve

puma velocity nitro came in earlier this week and got to put a short 10K run this morning and honestly very impressed after the first run

i think it’s a consensus that many are comparing the looks of pumas new running line to a rebranded peg turbo, but if we’re talking performance, i’ll take these over the turbos with zero hesitation

upper on the shoe was comfortable throughout the entire run with zero hot spots and heel slippage. minus the puma cat on the inner toe box, i like the overall clean design. fit for me was TTS

now where i think the velocity shines is that nitro midsole. i tested a variety of paces today and that midsole ride was super smooth for me. it’s a fairly soft midsole, but the bounce and energy return on it was really great at all kinds of paces. it does great at those easy/steady paces but i found it really fun when i picked up the pace

only negative i can really think of the shoe would be it not being wide foot friendly and the tongue possibly irritating those that wear ankle/no shoe socks, both of which wouldn’t be apply to me since i’m not a wide footer and only wear crew socks

upon first impression, the velocity nitro felt like a great versatile daily trainer that should be able to do well at all kinds of paces and distances. this may be the one to dip your toes in if you’re curious about pumas nitro line and i’ll be looking forward to the deviate elite when it’s out
145B03B6-232F-4D21-AF92-7EB5DFBA9A97.jpeg
Hi,
Wow sounds great the velocity. I hope its got more stack height than the Peg turbo. What is the stack height? Its sounds like it can do all from recovery to tempo runs? Enough cushion for long runs? How breathable is the upper, looks quite warm? I heard they are long did you go down 1/2 size. Thanks
Steve

I've never had a gun. In the market for one now, but not sure which to get or why.

I have three guns (HyperVolt, NEX and the size in between the two from amazon). Considering all the important factors; size, force, speed, battery life, sound, portability, costs and in package accessories and, even, warranty, the NEX completely sweeps the competition.

Getting the NEX makes me feel like Andy when he just gets Buzz Lightyear and drops Woody lol

ygol.jpg

Last edited:

Road Runner Sports page for the new Asics plated racer, the Asics Metaspeed Sky is up, pretty much confirms the $250 USD retail price. Pretty much the same info, except Road Runner Sports has the heel-to-toe drop listed as 5mm.

So is MetaSpeed categorized as racer shoe?

Love the look of new NB RC Elite v2, but I hate seeing the branding all over the upper.

Road Runner Sports page for the new Asics plated racer, the Asics Metaspeed Sky is up, pretty much confirms the $250 USD retail price. Pretty much the same info, except Road Runner Sports has the heel-to-toe drop listed as 5mm.
Been trying to open that link all day but it hasn’t worked once...

Been trying to open that link all day but it hasn’t worked once...

Here's the info on the page. No pics yet.

YOUR SHOE DETAILS
Men's ASICS® METASPEED SKY :: Run beyond limits with the all new Men's ASICS METASPEED Sky running shoes. With new FLYTEFOAM™ Turbo cushioning paired up with a full-length carbon plate, your energy is gathered and released packing explosive propulsion into every stride. Comfy, engineered mesh wraps your foot for a sleek, supportive fit giving you plenty of airflow. The curved rocker midsole design helps you fly forward while ASICSGRIP™ traction gives you secure touch downs. Aim high in the awesome new METASPEED Sky.

THE NUTS & BOLTS
  • Running Shoe Support: The ASICS METASPEED Sky is a neutral running shoe perfect for neutral runners with medium to high arches that don't need a lot of extra support and want a light, fast and flexible running shoe.
  • Cushion Level: Run your fastest in comfort with maximum soft and responsive Level 5 Cushioning.
  • Midsole Drop: Your Mens ASICS METASPEED Sky has a heel to toe drop of 5 mm.
  • Weight:
  • Perfect For: Long distance running, shorter faster runs, racing, running and training for marathons, breaking PRs and speed training on roads and paved trails.
  • VIP 90-Day Perfect Fit Promise: VIP Family members can test run the ASICS METASPEED Sky risk-free! Run and train in your METASPEED Sky and if for any reason you're not loving them, exchange 'em within 90 days. No questions asked!
RUNNING SHOE TECHNOLOGY

• Soft, Light Upper: The engineered mesh upper hugs the foot for the perfect comfortable fit while providing max airflow to keep feet cool even on your longest runs and final marathon miles.
  • Most Responsive Midsole: Start fast and finish faster with a soft compression at foot-strike and super springy toe-off with ASICS lightest most-responsive FLYTEFOAM™ Turbo Cushioning.
  • Energy Efficient Sole: Get a competitive edge with the curved sole construction you can run with less effort as your foot easily rolls through your stride to help reduce ankle flexion and conserve energy.
  • Propulsive Carbon Plate: Feel your foot propel forward with each step with a full-length carbon plate that helps you elongate your stride by providing better stability so you can get to the finish line faster using less energy.
  • Durable Outsole: The ASICSGRIP™ outsole is light yet durable with superior grip so nothing can slow you down on race day.

Back
Top Bottom