"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

They will break in a bit after 20-25 miles or so, but will still be more firm than fuelcell, powerrun pb, and zoomx. But I like how they feel and the stability.
Thx. So probably a few more runs. I don’t think they’re a bad shoe and am willing to give them more of a chance.

I’d definitely cop that cream color on disco. 😍

The sole on these is White/Red, correct?
1011B458_402_SR_RT_GLB.jpg

Shoe rotations nowadays are freaking ridiculous, no? I mean, this isn’t golf. But, whatever. YOLO, and all that. I’m out. Peace.

Shoe rotations nowadays are freaking ridiculous, no? I mean, this isn’t golf. But, whatever. YOLO, and all that. I’m out. Peace.

It really is insane. You have easy/recovery, daily, tempo, and race categories. But a lot of this is the shoe companies marketing us into thinking we "need" something for each of these when most of us would be fine blurring daily and easy/recovery together as well as tempo/race. I mean, hell, I know people that do easy running in Endorphin Speeds or Alphafly's. To me having a lot of options on a given run means I'm fortunate...it's more fun than anything else, and that's the point of it right? :smile:

Running shoes are developed with specific uses in mind. If you're at the level where you need a diff shoe based on the workout then it's a wonderful world. For the most part, a daily trainer is all most need. I initially had the ES1 and the novablast 1 when I first started running. Now it's just the NB3 all day every day.

First run in the SBs. Sizing 1/2 down was a good move for me. They DEFINITELY are on the firmer side of the cushioning gradient. I didn't feel as thrilled compared to when I first ran in the NVB3s.

01-17-2023.JPG

After only one run in the SBs and NVB3s, I'm liking the NVB3s more. Planning to try out the ESpeed 3s this week for the first time. These trials are essentially an audition for my new workhorse for this race's training block.

Even though, I'm HUGE fan of the ESpeed 1/2 as my multipurpose trainer, I want to rotate between those and another model for a bit of variety.

Last edited:
Alright, this is pretty hype. 95% Energy Return?? Even Nike only claims 85% or so for ZoomX.

yeah the 95% is pretty high for energy return, but i think there might be some validity in it otherwise their legal team wouldn't let them push that claim. regardless, price tag is pretty high and i'll just wait out till they go on the inevitable discount to try outo

with the success saucony has with just the general population of runners, i always wonder how much more "hyped" they would be if they had the budget to sponsor the bigger elite athletes that usually goes the way of nike/adidas and if the endorphin line does perform as well for them as they do for us

First run in the SBs. Sizing 1/2 down was a good move for me. They DEFINITELY are on the firmer side of the cushioning gradient. I didn't feel as thrilled compared to when I first ran in the NVB3s.

01-17-2023.JPG

After only one run in the SBs and NVB3s, I'm liking the NVB3s more. Planning to try out the ESpeed 3s this week for the first time. These trials are essentially an audition for my new workhorse for this race's training block.

Even though, I'm HUGE fan of the ESpeed 1/2 as my multipurpose trainer, I want to rotate between those and another model for a bit of variety.
I need to run in the NVB3 again. I definitely agree with you in regards to the firmness. And at this point, I’m not anywhere where I can work at the pace you’re working at to take advantage of the shoe or justify it’s MSRP but could see the SB as a fun trainer for a decent/good runner.

Love the talk of all the race/run options lol.

Got to try the Speed 3s for the first time earlier in the week. Really enjoyed them! They felt more snappier than the ES1 and ES2. They would be a welcomed addition to the “lineup” whatever that may be lol

98B3A29B-FAFB-4AC7-A90D-9F1B01DF3C76.jpeg

Second run in the NVB3s last night. This run really confirmed them as my “daily”. I felt like I was cruising through this run. For a trainer that doesn’t have a plate, I still felt like they could handle a variety of paces.

97A954B2-F3E5-4DC1-AA09-AA9608706C86.jpeg

With that said, I just scooped up the All White NVB3s and Orange Pop Sky+s. This looking like ASICS’ year! I also ABSOLUTELY LOVE their acronym/philosophy; “Sound Mind, Sound Body”. It so simple, yet BRILLIANT!

-edit-

Just scooped up the Midnight/Olive/Red cw to see how they are IRL.

Last edited:
31BF5EE5-F3BA-4E82-BE06-5F400845A74A.png

quick question. i know these aren’t runners, or maybe they are. but does anyone know the exact model of these?

Back
Top Bottom