"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

hate asking, but got to. can anyone ID these?

E22B497E-9C16-4559-8831-24284434593E.png

Can anyone give impressions on the Fresh Foam X More V4s?
I personally love it! Midsole has right amount of softness. The fit is very accommodating. The rocker is more pronounced compared to the v3. I'm maybe the minority, but I choose More v4 over Nimbus 25. If you're not picky with color, there are certain ones on sale right now. If you have local DSG or running store, maybe you can check if they have in stock and you can try them on.

Finally UNDSed the ASICS Metaspeed Sky+s

A081E5D6-4C06-49F7-8FFC-05EA64C468E9.jpeg

These definitely give the VFN2s a run for their money! I’m a fan!

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 08.13.41.png

Those ones posted earlier are the NB3 LE. Looks like an upper change and a flared out heel collar.

So much noise was made about the Rebel V2s previously.

Hear/see nothing about the V3s.

I have it, it's a fun trainer but it's kind of a tweener for me. I have shoes that are faster/more enjoyable if I want to do tempos and others that are more comfortable for cruising. The extra millimeter of foam and slightly more stable platform are nice compared to v2 though.

Metaspeed Sky 1 for this tempo run
5502761F-F0DB-4770-AF87-24706C0D4174.jpeg

Also new cws for the Metaspeed Sky+ and Edge+ are coming soon!

The Edge+ > Sky+ for this colorway palette.

Ran a tempo today in the Brooks Hyperion Max and am blown away at how well it performed. For a plateless shoe, it was hitting faster paces than my Endorphin Speeds with relative ease on a similar workout. It’s a firmer shoe so you have to be ok with that, but certainly not harsh and it really moves out well!

Ran a tempo today in the Brooks Hyperion Max and am blown away at how well it performed. For a plateless shoe, it was hitting faster paces than my Endorphin Speeds with relative ease on a similar workout. It’s a firmer shoe so you have to be ok with that, but certainly not harsh and it really moves out well!
Nice! Been tempted to get them because I liked the Hyperion Elite 2 and 3 for tempo runs, but find the plate stiffness fatiguing.

Nice! Been tempted to get them because I liked the Hyperion Elite 2 and 3 for tempo runs, but find the plate stiffness fatiguing.

If you can get them on a slight sale it's well worth it. $170 is a bit of a steep ask upfront but this is an interesting case where removing the plate allows the foam to really sing. DNA Flash is a firmer foam anyway and doesn't need a plate IMO. The new rockered geometry really helps it turn over quick and it performs incredibly well now.

Just recently had to start using custom orthotics for my messed up feet. Problem is they are thick and in almost of my running shoes the heal slippage is insane now. Anyone have any suggestions of higher backed heal areas of running shoes??

It’s not the lockdown it’s that the top of the heal is so low now.
You may want to try shoes that have a thicker/high volume sockliner like the Atreyu ones or the Tracksmith shoe (Not necessarily those models but I'm struggling to think of others).

Just got these via REÍ sale for $45

First ever pair of adidas. These get a bad rap. But I don’t see how these are so firm as they are saying. They kinda remind me of old Pegs. They do the job and are not bad for a cheap daily trainer shoe. I am 6’1” 225 so maybe I’m not a great example.

Are they awesome? For $45 yes, for $140 (retail) definitely not. Just changed the laces to black. Those tennis ball colors laces I can’t with.

63916F3B-21DD-493E-AB3A-130CD476FD6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom