"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Hiw
IMG_0356.jpeg

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

T-minus 2 weeks!
How comfortable are these?

Hey good people I was wondering could anybody suggest a very comfortable shoe for being on your feet all day. I do a lot of walking at work and my go to has been the Hoka bondi although I haven't transitioned to the 8s I had a few pairs of the 7s. Any suggestions would be appreciated I need something similar that's very comfortable. Thank you in advance!

Hiw

How comfortable are these?
Haven’t tried them yet; releases March 1.

The New Balance Fresh Foam More v4 is a comfortable shoe, not only for running but also as an all day beater; a lot of people swear by it as their *Disney shoe*. It’s on sale at Joe’s New Balance Outlet for about $80 (discount applied in cart). However, shipping is $10 for orders under $100. Also check their return policy. I think it’s 45 days, unworn, and you pay return shipping.

First run in the Cielo X1 and it's one of the bounciest shoes I've ever tried. Yes they weigh a bit more than other super shoes but these are hilarious/fun to run on and incredibly efficient. Like a double layered bouncy cloud. Surprisingly stable too!
IMG_2226.jpg IMG_2225.jpg
Hey your detailed reviews here and on r/ are good. The longer, the better. I’ve enjoyed reading them. Wear Testers, or the like, should add you to staff. I’m serious, hit them up and give them some examples of your impromptu work. You’re already in tune with the rhythm of releases, at least the exciting ones, like they are.

Hey your detailed reviews here and on r/ are good. The longer, the better. I’ve enjoyed reading them. Wear Testers, or the like, should add you to staff. I’m serious, hit them up and give them some examples of your impromptu work. You’re already in tune with the rhythm of releases, at least the exciting ones, like they are.

Thanks a lot! I’m flattered by that. I’ve considered it as a side job as running is my passion and might want to combine it with my work.

Been trying to train by effort & HR for a few months now. Just curious, what’s your guys’ average HR like on your easy runs / zone 2 versus your tempo runs / races?

Mine is pretty low. Average on yesterday’s 9 mile run in the snow was 118bpm. When I push it a little harder and do a track workout or intervals on the treadmill I have a tough time getting into zone 3 which is only 140bpm.

Now lifting heavy gets me there. Nothing seems to get me out of breath like benching a few 185lb reps.

That’s a really good HR! What your average paces at those HRs?

For me, my HR during easy run is in the high 120s to 130s @ 8’20”- 9’15”/mile. I really need to calm myself down lol

For my “fast” days, my HR is usually at or greater than 160 @ 6’00” - 6’30”/mile.

Average for me is similar to your pace but your fast pace is about a minute faster than my fast pace lol

Here’s my splits and heart rate from an easy run half marathon I just got home from. Majority of this run was uphill and coming back was against the wind so heart rate was up a tad.
IMG_1043.png

Last edited:
Right now I’m around 135 HR at 8:30 min/mile but I begin to hop on the struggle bus below 7:15. At 6:30 I’m in the mid 170’s. But it’ll be fun to threshold this spring after it warms up a bit.

Hey if y’all are interested in a fun workout to test your VO2 max, try the Yo-Yo. Specifically the Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Test.

While following the audio prompts, you run 20m down and 20m back, followed by 10 seconds of recovery. Then, repeat. Try to complete as many repeats, or stages, as possible. The catch? The test increases speed at regular intervals (but the 10 seconds recovery remains the same for each stage).

IMG_0433.jpeg

Below are the (audio) Nike SPARQ versions of the Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Test Level 1 and Level 2 (level 2 is harder)

Level 1

Level 2

I can’t speak for android, only iPhone, but if you want to A) listen to the video while running the beep test and B) avoid adds, text yourself a link to the video—you can play the video within the Messages app add free.

Here’s an example of the USWNT running the Yo-Yo:

The Sky 3s are nice! Structurally, they look just like the previous versions, but that decal on the midsole adds +10HP. Thus, subtracting twenty seconds off your race time! LOL JK

Aesthetically though, the Magic Speed 4 looks more attractive to me. I love the streaks on its logo! IIRC, they have similar specs to the OG Sky?

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

The Magic Speed 4's getting regular FF Turbo makes them an intriguing option-almost like they're a last gen Metaspeed Sky/Edge. I'm hyped to try out this FF Turbo+ that's supposedly a proprietary PEBA blend from Asics. FF Turbo was great from an energy return standpoint but could feel a tad unforgiving over long distances as it was a bit firm for my liking. The Turbo+ being slightly softer while returning even more energy is very exciting.

The Superblast 2 with Turbo+ is probably happening, right?
Plz!!

Also ya fast. I ran yesterday and fell off the cliff. At my young peak, I could run a low seven or high six. Hurt my knee and was a slotard since. A few years ago, I began running on the tread mill more and was able to get back down to low eight. But now I’m back up to 10+.

So kudos to ya who maintain the consistency and hard work.

Plz!!

Also ya fast. I ran yesterday and fell off the cliff. At my young peak, I could run a low seven or high six. Hurt my knee and was a slotard since. A few years ago, I began running on the tread mill more and was able to get back down to low eight. But now I’m back up to 10+.

So kudos to ya who maintain the consistency and hard work.
Don’t matter the pace, it’s all about the fun on the run. I often run a 10 miler at 10+ min/mile and love it. Stay with it. Especially with all these fresh shoes 😜

LOL

But really…. After my years of running, I’m FINALLY learning that’s it’s OKAY to run slow. Prior to 2023, my main focus was getting my all time NRC pace average down. I didn’t run many races then.

After my 18-month running hiatus during the pandemic, I started training for my first race (10K). I felt ALL my runs NEEDED to be sub 6‘50”. Though I ended up PRing, it was EXHAUSTING for me and always had me anxious to meet the pace for EVERY RUN. I felt like it wasn’t sustainable to perform and perform and perform at that pace for me.

However, now that I’m training for more races, I’m also slowly learning that polarized training has been a proven method. It took me a long time to let my ego go when it comes to average pace. Now, I try to make it a game to see how low I can get my HR on a run.

Some things I did recently was that I created a new run mode, “Easy Run”, which only displays time and HR on the first data screen with distance on the second data screen. Still trying things out and learning as I go/train.

i honestly kind of just run these days, i still record it and keep track on NRC because my goal is to eventually make it to volt but im not trying to pr anymore because everything hurts if i try too hard :lol:

so i just run and have fun and it also allows me to pig out when i go to disneyland :rofl:

and its just fun to run in new shoes so thats always a plus

Endorphin Pro 4's are REALLY good y'all. My favorite Endorphin Pro yet. Incredibly smooth yet a good amount of extra bounce from the PWRRUN HG top layer. I always felt like PWRRUN PB was missing a little bit to equal some of the other high end foams but the combination of the two foams was an absolute pleasure. Made holding my 10k pace effortless this morning.

Back
Top Bottom