Outdoor Basketball Suggestions?

anybody know any cheap ones I can get? I have some jordan alpha 1's but i dont think they will last outside.

Originally Posted by alan3un

is nike stupid or something? i don't understand how they only release XDR soles in Asia but not the US (or they're just less accessible). do they really think that more than 50% of the population plays indoor here?... i've given up on nike for durable outdoor ball shoes...
i wore the hyperfuse herringbone pattern out completely within 3~4 months and i played 2~4 times a week as well. i'm also 160lbs so i'm not that much heavier than you are. they are great shoes but if you're looking for long lasting shoes these aren't it.

i'm currently using the Air Jordan Evolution 85 because they're at the nike outlets now for around $90... they feel great on court with a nike air sole and phylon cushioning to help absorb some of the shock from the hard court. they've been holding up decently for the first week i've played in em but i'm not sure if they'll last me more than 4 months. the shoe could be a problem if your feet sweat a lot though.

I've been hearing good things about adidas ball shoes lasting longer outdoors maybe you can look into that.
I won't say more than 50% of the population plays indoors, but I might say, more than 50% of the people that pay the "premium" price for Nike performance shoes play indoors. From what I gather, a lot of people would not be willing to spend $100+ on a pair of shoes they are going to beat up outdoors. They will keep that mentality regardless of whether or not the XDR outsoles will last the summer months.

Originally Posted by alan3un

is nike stupid or something? i don't understand how they only release XDR soles in Asia but not the US (or they're just less accessible). do they really think that more than 50% of the population plays indoor here?... i've given up on nike for durable outdoor ball shoes...
i wore the hyperfuse herringbone pattern out completely within 3~4 months and i played 2~4 times a week as well. i'm also 160lbs so i'm not that much heavier than you are. they are great shoes but if you're looking for long lasting shoes these aren't it.

i'm currently using the Air Jordan Evolution 85 because they're at the nike outlets now for around $90... they feel great on court with a nike air sole and phylon cushioning to help absorb some of the shock from the hard court. they've been holding up decently for the first week i've played in em but i'm not sure if they'll last me more than 4 months. the shoe could be a problem if your feet sweat a lot though.

I've been hearing good things about adidas ball shoes lasting longer outdoors maybe you can look into that.
I won't say more than 50% of the population plays indoors, but I might say, more than 50% of the people that pay the "premium" price for Nike performance shoes play indoors. From what I gather, a lot of people would not be willing to spend $100+ on a pair of shoes they are going to beat up outdoors. They will keep that mentality regardless of whether or not the XDR outsoles will last the summer months.

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

^go on ebay, zoom soldier 3s are usually less than 50.
hmm i type in size 9.5 or 10 and the prices sky rocket.  under 50 are used ones or big sizes.
Know of any other models I could get for cheap?

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

^go on ebay, zoom soldier 3s are usually less than 50.
hmm i type in size 9.5 or 10 and the prices sky rocket.  under 50 are used ones or big sizes.
Know of any other models I could get for cheap?

I play with my Kobe IV (just once though). I often use my OG hyperdunk low outdoors. I'll probably get hyperfuse low since its in the outlets

I play with my Kobe IV (just once though). I often use my OG hyperdunk low outdoors. I'll probably get hyperfuse low since its in the outlets

I got some sixty plus's from marshalls one time randomly for 50 bucks, balled them to death on the court in and outside, they held up pretty well

I got some sixty plus's from marshalls one time randomly for 50 bucks, balled them to death on the court in and outside, they held up pretty well

Originally Posted by makavelidadawn

huperdunks are awesome outdoor or hyperfuse too

No they're not they'll get killed outdoors. 

Try the LeBron signature series and the Zoom Soldiers.  They are very durable.  The Jordan 12 is built like a tank too. 

Originally Posted by makavelidadawn

huperdunks are awesome outdoor or hyperfuse too

No they're not they'll get killed outdoors. 

Try the LeBron signature series and the Zoom Soldiers.  They are very durable.  The Jordan 12 is built like a tank too. 

20-5-5s were outdoor inspired, iirc. I don't know how easy it is to get a pair these days though.

Brand Jordan did make a shoe that was supposedly for outdoors.

I think it was called the Externo?

Originally Posted by seth320

jordan 6 rings

XIII outsole doesnt do well outdoors. Not enough mass equals not enough traction and it will wear down quick.

20-5-5s were outdoor inspired, iirc. I don't know how easy it is to get a pair these days though.

Brand Jordan did make a shoe that was supposedly for outdoors.

I think it was called the Externo?

Originally Posted by seth320

jordan 6 rings

XIII outsole doesnt do well outdoors. Not enough mass equals not enough traction and it will wear down quick.

Back
Top Bottom