Overflow/Expansion In A Car Question (pics)

So recently, i've been having overheating problems with my 2005 civic ex SE. I've looked up a few answers and have managed to fix(?) the problem
I pretty much replaced the radiator cap and the Thermostat and haven't had a problem till this date (Aug 2nd 2010)

My question is, why the hell is my overflow tank almost full of anitfreeze when i stop driving? Is this normal? Am i screwed? I've been told its not. Huge problem? Nothing to worry about?

Btw, the min/max line of how much there should be in there is down below.

2060sp2.jpg

2gvrhib.jpg

So recently, i've been having overheating problems with my 2005 civic ex SE. I've looked up a few answers and have managed to fix(?) the problem
I pretty much replaced the radiator cap and the Thermostat and haven't had a problem till this date (Aug 2nd 2010)

My question is, why the hell is my overflow tank almost full of anitfreeze when i stop driving? Is this normal? Am i screwed? I've been told its not. Huge problem? Nothing to worry about?

Btw, the min/max line of how much there should be in there is down below.

2060sp2.jpg

2gvrhib.jpg

A head gasket problem wouldn't account for an overflowing expansion tank. If your head gasket was blown, you'd be losing coolant. But if you said you fixed the overheating issues and now your only problem is the coolant expansion, i wouldn't worry about it. When things get heated they expand. That's why there's an "expansion" tank, to allow the overflow of coolant. I wouldn't worry about it.

A head gasket problem wouldn't account for an overflowing expansion tank. If your head gasket was blown, you'd be losing coolant. But if you said you fixed the overheating issues and now your only problem is the coolant expansion, i wouldn't worry about it. When things get heated they expand. That's why there's an "expansion" tank, to allow the overflow of coolant. I wouldn't worry about it.

What about when there is no more room in the overflow tank? Where would the coolant go??

What about when there is no more room in the overflow tank? Where would the coolant go??

Back
Top Bottom