Overrated and Underrated

Let's see.....there's probably a shoe from each numbered series. Let me give this question some honest thoughts.

Overrated: ...... ALL Is from 2002 to present minus China XQ and Levis Is (due to too many c/w); Doernbecher IIs; black/cement IIIs; Mars IVs, MotorSport IVs,CDP IVs (only the CDP and recent retro versions); Grape Vs; black/infrared VI; BORDEAUX VII; ZERO VIIIs; Olive and Cool Grey IXs; black shadow Xs; cool greyXIs; ZERO XIIs; ZERO XIIIs; black toe XIVs; flint grey XV; ZERO XVIs; college blue XVII; ZERO XVIII; ZERO XIX; black stealth XX; ZERO XX1; ZERO XX2; ZERO XX3

Underated ........ China XQs, Levis Is; white/red IIs, Melo IIs; Flip IIIs; any Laser IVs; Carolina Vs; white/maroon VIs; Flint Grey VIIs, Raptor VIIs; PlayoffVIIIs (MJ beat Charles Barkley in 3 OT in game 3 of the '93 Finals in these); black/charcoal/red IXs; white/steel grey Xs, Chicago Xs, white/red Xs;Snakeskin low XIs, Colombia XIs; Obsidian XIIs, white/red XIIs, Carolina XIIs; black/red XIIIs, white/obsidian/orange low XIIIs; black/Indiglo XIVs;obsidian/white XV; Cherrywood XVI, Ginger XVI; white/red XVII; black/royal XVIII; ALL XIX and XIX SE except lows; white/red/black XX; red suede XX1,white/red/silver XX1, graphite/carolina XX1; ZERO XX2s; Black Stealth XX3s

Most Overrated series: ...... IVs

Most Underrated series: ....... XVIs

Most Overrated Shoes: College blue XVII, Bordeaux VIIs, Olive IXs .................. WINNER: Bordeaux VIIs (That was easy)

Most Underrated Shoe: Cherrywood XVIs, Black/charcoal/red IXs, Black/royal XVIIIs ............. WINNER: Black/charcoal/red IXs

I used to think the Grape V was the most overrated, but they have grown on me a bit. I would say the most overrated Jordan is the 99 black/red IV. These do notdo much for me, and the white/cement IV is 100 times better. The reason I signal out the 99 is due to certain Niketalkers getting on people who want to buy theCDP IV over a 99. While no doubt the 99 IV looks better, there is too much risk involved and they cost way too much imo.

As for the most underrated, I am going to go with the white/red and white/columbia XI lows since you do not hear too much about them. Tremendious retro+ modelsfrom the days JB put out good retro+ models.

Overrated: Bordeaux VII and Carmine VI... i really dont know people see in the Bordeaux's
Underrated: Obsidian XII and White/Infrared VI (seems like everyone cares so much for the black/infrared and ignore the white ones)

Overrated: 7's =
frown.gif

Overrated colorway: Hare's =
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
sick.gif

Underrated: 9's =
smokin.gif

Not Appreciated: 10's / 17's(I was shocked to see how NTers were so quick to sell 'em after their release via CDP)
smh.gif

BTW: Great topic.
happy.gif

Thanx again for everyone who supported the thread. It is very interesting to see how many of us differ when it comes to which jays are overrated in manyaspects and which just don't seem to get any appreciation. Hopefully we keep this thread going strong.

Overrated - Any colorway of XIX's
Underrated- XV's are a sick shoe IMO yet there is always so much hate on them.

Most Overrated= Chambray VII
Most Underrated= White/Tour Yellow/Black IV

Originally Posted by Jcool813

Originally Posted by NikeMax

overrated: Cool Grey 3s and Grape 5s

underrated: Stealth 20's and Obsidian 12's.
I have to disagree alot.

I think the CG 3 will be heavily sought after in the future
the CG 3s are better than the black cmt 3...say what you want about me but idk why everybody likes them they are boring
CG 3s best LS that dropped

XXs are the most underrated Jordan period

o yea Grape V is way better than the dry Aqua 8
all black upper and a concord aqua tone bottom?
The reason behind the CG 3's being overrated in my book is not there looks or how much I do or don't like em, but by how much hype and resellvalue they had after they dropped. I dont think they equate to there dollar value in my book. At least in my head anyways

And not to hate on anyones opinion, but everyone saying the XI's are overrated do you guys own any? They are so comfy it's unreal. Best Jordan evermade

overrated: Fire Red 5's, don't get me wrong, I like the 5's I think the whites with the black midsole with red accents look a whole lot better.underrated: any 10's I think the reason these don't get as much love is because, well for one they came out before a classic, classic shoe and two hewore them for only about a quarter of a season.

A few people have said 19s are overrated? that makes no sense since they are one of the more hated models already, how low do you want them to be? They aredefinitely more underrated than overrated.

11s are overrated not because they are bad, they are great, but they are not as great as people act, thats what overrated means.

OVER:
Black/Red IVs
White/Grey/Red VIIIs
Black/Red XIs

UNDER:
Cardinal VIIs
Obsidian XIIs
Last Shot XIVs
High Top XV Color Ways [Stealth, Obsidian, Grey]
Copper XVIIs

IMO

Underrated=XVs
(loved these since the first came out)

Overrated=VIIIs(even tho I own a pair)

Underrated= Low top XVII-UNC color and Lightnings are freaking amazing

Overrated=I know NT LOVES this shoe; but the XIV is plain and average at best. Stick a Nike swoosh on it, it's just some random basketball shoe.

Most overated= Anything marked limited
Most underated= Any colorway XVI...

Back
Top Bottom