Overrated vacation destinations

Pretty amazing considering you don't see a lot of trash cans either. In the US no trash can = throw it on the ground.

Now are the stenches yall talkin about subtle raunchiness or to the point where it could affect your visit?

All major cities should follow Singapore and hand out harsh punishments for littering, pissing, etc. in the streets. Cleanest city I've ever been to. Even their Chinatown was spotless, and we all know how grimy Chinatowns are in the US :lol:

Damn, I'm about to head to Seoul in a couple days. I was always under the impression that Korea was a very clean looking/smelling country (probably because of how nice their airport in Seoul is)
laugh.gif

The worst smelling major city I've been to is Mexico City. God damn, as soon as you step out of the aiport, a huge wave of @#$@ fumes invades your nostrils. Still a fun city though
for the most part, it's pretty "clean looking", the smell is entirely something else though. I went 3 years ago at about this time, you'll get used to it, maybe not

Now are the stenches yall talkin about subtle raunchiness or to the point where it could affect your visit?

It doesn't affect a visit, cause after experiencing it in most major cities throughout the world, I guess you expect it/get used to it. It's not vomit inducing or anything, it's just funny for the most part.

I think people just get on NYC cause NY Nters act like it's some type of paradise, even though the major borough everyone goes to visit smells like @#$@ and has garbage bags all over the sidewalks due to poor city planning. I'd rather live in NYC than anywhere else outside of Cali though (within the US)

Last edited:
Been to a few places around the globe would recommend Montego Bay, Jamaica for four to five nights stayed at the RIU Palace very nice spot for older crowd calm and relaxing.

Guanacaste in Costa Rica was also dope stayed there for the weekend left for the capital on Monday that was also nice lots more active volcanoes, museum of gold along with a cool nightlife nothing crazy like Guanacaste Costa Rica

Colombia I would recommend the Coast in the north by Cartagena or also santa marta a week here is all you really need

GOAT for me thou has to be Machu Picchu in Peru, amazing food, weather was on point during my stay and so beautiful women.

I swear a good percentage of you don't have passports or have some bad record that'll deny you entry to other countries

I see lots of people go for the Australian coast exploration vacay. Never been so i can't take say its overrated.

I think people flock there because the exchange rate is good right now. It's an english speaking country. And last but not least, the coastline... beaches.

But historically and culturally, i don't believe its comparable to a Scotland or Greece for instance.

If you already live on a coast with beaches nearby. Is Australia really that different, that you would fly there to vacay. and that is why i think its overrated

It doesn't affect a visit, cause after experiencing it in most major cities throughout the world, I guess you expect it/get used to it. It's not vomit inducing or anything, it's just funny for the most part.

I think people just get on NYC cause NY Nters act like it's some type of paradise, even though the major borough smells like @#$@ and has garbage bags all over the sidewalks due to poor city planning.

Oh, aight, coo. I guess I could get used to the stenches. NYC is a trash haven though. Only been once and it was all hustle and bustle, soon as it got dark, basura everywhere. Still need to visit again and take in more than Manhattan

I walked up to one of those things where you can get a free local newspaper and when I pulled up the handle and opened the door, there was nothing subtle about the smell that almost made me lose my balance.

Place is cool though...

Last edited:

I walked up to one of those things where you can get a free local newspaper and when I pulled up the handle and opened the door, there was nothing subtle about the smell that almost made me lose my balance.

U want the smell good paper, u gotta pay bro :lol:

@Diego that was a big mistake on your part. Most places in the city charge you/require you to be a customer to use the toilets to keep any bums out, so the bums use those free newspaper things and trash cans as toilets :lol: :smh: They don't get to use the 24/7 Subway as their homes and public toilets like they do out in NYC :x :lol:

Last edited:
Of the places I've been outside the country, S. Korea, Hong Kong, Beijing, Macau, Malaysia, Costa Rica, various destinations in Mexico, and Eastern Caribbean, I wouldn't say any of these places are overrated, all were great experiences... I'm hoping to make my way to Europe one of these days and also hit up Australia and Japan... Puerto Rico in Nov. and a Western Caribbean cruise in Dec. is up next for me...

I've visited family in NJ and NYC a few times, nothing really stood out to me, didn't notice the smell much there... Las Vegas is a place I don't think I need to go back to (probably my #1 overrated vacation destination-all you need is 2 days max)... I love Seattle and SoCal, both close in proximity to the Bay Area for a quick weekend trip and they have great food... Hawaii is probably overrated by most, but I love that place too.

Yea wanna talk about stench?...book a 3 day trip to Jersey, now that place smells like a colostomy bag.

At this age I think I would consider any actual city over rated, I have 0 interest to walk around exploring architecture....if the city has a beach then is cool, like Barcelona and Santorini....if the city is inland I think I'll get bored within the first day, I don't vacay to shop or eat...I vacay to indulge in the natural adventure of it, rainforests, waterfalls, canyons, islands (can't ever be overrated) forests, snow capped Mts, etc....there will always be something to do in these places IMO...if you find yourself bored, you are pretty 1-dimensional when it comes to vacationing....dudes talmbout DR is garbage seriously need to step out the resort, legit anyone that vacays to a location and locks themselves in a resort is wasting their money and time.

At this age I think I would consider any actual city over rated, I have 0 interest to walk around exploring architecture....if the city has a beach then is cool, like Barcelona and Santorini....if the city is inland I think I'll get bored within the first day, I don't vacay to shop or eat...I vacay to indulge in the natural adventure of it, rainforests, waterfalls, canyons, islands (can't ever be overrated) forests, snow capped Mts, etc....there will always be something to do in these places IMO...if you find yourself bored, you are pretty 1-dimensional when it comes to vacationing....dudes talmbout DR is garbage seriously need to step out the resort, legit anyone that vacays to a location and locks themselves in a resort is wasting their money and time.

You don't go for the lakes?

I swim in lakes, I'm just VERY cautious about it, there is this place in DR called "El Salto del Limon" the freshest coolest water at the bottom of a 50ft drop, joint is awesome but pretty scary too, gotta became full where you step...

How homie going to talk about one dimensional and then completely dismiss a whole facet of vacationing that includes architectural history as well as whatever else can be done in a major city?

Then you got the nerve to talk about DR as if that's some sort of grandiose place when it comes to any facet of vacation spots.
(FTR - I do enjoy DR)

How homie going to talk about one dimensional and then completely dismiss a whole facet of vacationing that includes architectural history as well as whatever else can be done in a major city?

Then you got the nerve to talk about DR as if that's some sort of grandiose place when it comes to any facet of vacation spots.
(FTR - I do enjoy DR)

DR >>>>>>>>>>> life

Come at me.

The thing is you're supposed to do your own research before even booking a trip. Find out if there's even things that interest you to see or do.

Back
Top Bottom