PACIFIM RIM -- directed by Guillermo Del Toro

Saw it last night around 10.

You guys were right about the visuals being great but I honestly expected a better story. i Felt like it skipped around too much and didn't really answer a lot of questions. I also hated the the movie did 3 time lapses within the first 30 mins I was actually confused for a second regarding what happened.

With that said the movie is still worth the 10 I paid (3d +student discount) but I can see why its not getting more hype.

Go in with zero expectation and try not to nit pick and you will enjoy the movie.
Watched last night. Too dope.

The Jaegers look waaaay better than the Transformers onscreen. Too clean.
The Transformers are a mess. Wires, exposed hydraulics here and there. You can barely tell who is who.

Yeah, they should've gave more shine to those 2 Jaegers that were taken out so quickly. Would've liked to see a big brawl between all the Jaegers and the Kaijus.

When I saw Striker Eureka running, I was like "oh **** it's about to go down!!!"

Then that alien EMP :smh:

can anyone recommend some anime that's similar to pacific rim??

Watch Evangelion 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33

3.33 is not out in English yet. If you feel brave you can watch the original TV show + the end of Evangelion movie.

Son, I'm not even sure what I just watched, but that might be the most badass anime clip I've ever seen :x :smh: :smokin

I like my robots bulky looking like optimus prime instead of an insect

If you are referring to the Evangelion clip, those are not really robots.

Why do you think Del Toro went with bulky and slow mechs? Most Americans probably prefer the roided up dudebro version of things like Gears of Wars.

Didn't know there was new Evangelion stuff out. After I watched the cartoon series I was confused like everyone else and tried to make sense of it by googling stuff.

Didn't know there was new Evangelion stuff out. After I watched the cartoon series I was confused like everyone else and tried to make sense of it by googling stuff.

Same here had no idea about the aforementioned movies

Anime creators come up with some of the craziest ish I have ever seen.

Pacific Rim>Transformers

It's an FU to Michael Bay which after how Turtles is looking someone else needs to do Battletoads correct.

Tried watching neon genesis today, just came in from Netflix, fell asleep after 30 minutes.

other mecha anime to watch:

raxhephon
code geass
escaflowne
full metal panic
macross frontier/macross plus
break blade
gundam unicorn

Saw it today loved it.

I thought themain characters all acted well, Idris Elba always brings it. Charlie Hunham did good.

Pearlman and Day were funny and gave some good comic relief.

Fight scenes were epic.

Would of liked to see the other Jeagars fight some more.

This movie is better than any Transformers movie

I wish someone would make a movie out of Macross.

Posted this a few pages back:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/25/robotech-live-action-film-finally-has-a-director.html

Well, it's about freakin' time! I knew we'd eventually see the classic 1980s Robotech anime series go into production at Warner Bros. The movie has been trying to get made since 2007, and they finally attached a director to it! Nic Mathieu will be taking on the epic challenge and guess what? It's his first time directing a feature film. He's a commercial director that makes some awesome use of CGI.

Akiva Goldsman and Tobey Maguire are producing the film, which has gone through several screenwriters over the years. This is actually the first time a director has been attached to the project, though. As a fan of the series I'm incredibly excited to see this film finally come to life.

Robotech takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off an alien invasion, with the fate of the human race ending up in the hands of two young pilots.

You guys aren't giving transformers enough credit
frown.gif

To the people saying the story was bad or too simple:

Is there a way to make PR story better without it having me scratching my head like NGE?
(Honest question)

Back
Top Bottom