Palm Treo Owners/Users, Get yo !@# In Here!! plz

Uhm so yea, I've decided to leave T-mobile Sidekicks and enter into the realm of the Treo. So the question I present to you all is...How is the AIM andYahoo on the Treo? Are the messages delayed like a normal cell phone is sometimes? Im a big AIM head, so a great qwerty keyboard and AIM is a must. I also sendand receive emails a lot, but I know Palm Treos are great for that..I just really want to know how the Aim and other instant messengers are on it

Thanx in advance
glasses.gif

The IM program that comes with Treos that run the palm os (I have a 755p) is ok. For the aim you have to make a group on your buddy list called Mobile Devicethen add people to that. The messages can be delayed depending on what your signal strength is. I don't know about the yahoo since I don't use that butthere are better aim programs out there for the palm os (i.e. Mundu)

What about the ones that run on Windows OS?..I kinda like the windows interface a lil more so leanin towards gettin ones with the that OS...what are the prosand cons of each anyway?..which is better? Palm OS or Windows?

The main difference is that with the windows apps your dealing with Microsoft, which is sometimes problematic. The Palm OS runs a lil more smoother and lesslikely to require some type of update (at least not right away), with any Windows based app your are more than likely gonna end up installing some type ofpatch to rectify a very simple issue or problem...

When the 700w dropped within a month MS released three updates to the OS.

Originally Posted by Showydisplay

The main difference is that with the windows apps your dealing with Microsoft, which is sometimes problematic. The Palm OS runs a lil more smoother and less likely to require some type of update (at least not right away), with any Windows based app your are more than likely gonna end up installing some type of patch to rectify a very simple issue or problem...

When the 700w dropped within a month MS released three updates to the OS.

lies
indifferent.gif

2 people that i know with Palm based treos HATE them. they freeze up all of the time.

windows based are a bit more "fun" if you like modding your device.

check out octrotalk for an IM program.

I like palm version better, I'm not up to date on my stuff and I used to use verichat for aim (was like 20$ a year) and had seamless convos. Love the treobecause of all the stuff you can do with it ie watching tv through a slingbox, can be a garmin, etc etc.

How is the AIM and Yahoo on the Treo? Are the messages delayed like a normal cell phone is sometimes?
IMO the IM application on the Treo is decent...I haven't experienced any serious lag.

I don't use it that often because it's basically texting, so I don't see the need to take the time to open up the application

How much are used treo 700w going for right now? I'm looking to rid myself of two and need to know because my boy is trying to get one up off me.

i have a 700p and its alright, im looking to switch to Cingular for the iPhone. as far as chat clients go i have a program called Mundu, which hasAIM/YAHOO/MSN/JABBER/GTALK/ICQ all in one. its pretty decent.

i dont experience any delays as far as messaging, but it get quite annoying when people sign in and out because it vibrates each time.

get the windows versoin...ull b much happier... verichat works damn well and its instant...

if u listen to anybody listen to ME... the super rappin/producin nerd... I DO THIS %#+$!!!!

i have a treo 755 but dont use it for alot of things bein that i also have a sidekick.....but um can someone tell me what this verichat thing is

pardon me if its a simple thing

Treo's are garbage, wasted my money on one before. It froze up the first day I had it, took it back and got a blackberry curve which was $100 cheaper atthe time and never looked back.

i dont know if this been said already but when you switch out of your sk your going to lose your tmail email account...nothing can beat the sk aim programunless your willing to pay for something...right now i have the tilt and im using the meebo app for my aim and it still weak

get the 680, you'll be happy.

kills the sidekcik, and you won't blend in in the hood with one of these. not that it's post to give you respect or anything...

If you wanna IM, you're better off just sticking with the Sidekick. Can't blame ya, though. If you want more options, then I guess the Sidekickisn't for you.
But damn, leaving T-Mobile...
smh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TW3EK

get the windows versoin...ull b much happier... verichat works damn well and its instant...

if u listen to anybody listen to ME... the super rappin/producin nerd... I DO THIS %#+$!!!!

Please, I've corrected you plenty of times...

Back
Top Bottom