Panic Attacks

I noticed a few responses in the Scary Moments Thread, and decided to ask if any other NTers get them? I had one yesterday, and almost had another one today. The first time I had one was about 3 years ago and I thought I was dying. I had to take 2 ceraquils (sp?) in order to fall asleep just to stop it. I had another one in September last year and it was excruciating, stuck in a cramped car from Highland Park to San Bernardino with no one really helping. 

Anyone get them? What do you do to help stem it from happening? Thoughts? Questions?

Got them everytime I smoked weed recently. Had to quit.

It is a horrible experience. Thought I was going to die all three times.

had a bunch in march and April smh .. I don't get them anymore tho .. I don't even know why I was gettin them before

Last edited:
Only had it once when I truly got high for the first time but it's all a mind game, Learn to control your thoughts and you should be good.

Last edited:
I suffer from them not as much as i used too. I have OCD so if i think something is wrong like my chest hurts i start to have panic attacks. Its a scary feeling bc u think u will die or pass out but u wont. I talked to a therapist and also deep breathing. Both of those help.

I meditate.

I'm out in the mountains right now, this is the first time I grabbed a computer. I've been meditating, reading "The Art of War," and working out. I feel really peaceful

Word? I smoked some yesterday to help it subside. Different strokes I guess.

You should try a pipe or bong or small amounts. I've been close lately when I'm surrounded by cig smoke.
Yea just a couple tokes outta my uncles sneak-a-toke. Yeah I've just been outta town babysitting my little cousins. It's just stressful because I wanted to be working by now but I had to put that on hold the last few weeks until this Friday. I just feel SUPER isolated because I'm with a 4yo and an 18mo all day so there isn't any contact with adults. We can't go anywhere because my uncle is very protective, as he should but I also have no way to vent because I can't talk to anyone. It's only for a few more days so I'll manage. I guess everything just came to a head yesterday. 

You will have to get to the root of the cause if you want to go on and live a normal life.

But if you're wanting a quick fix, try the supplement L-Theanine. Take it in the morning and before bed and you should be calm around the clock. L-Theanine is found in green tea and provides a calming yet alert effect on the body. There are no side effects that I know of.

I take it every now and then when the situation calls for it. I went to a huge family gathering last month (which are really bad on my nerves) and I was straight chillin' the entire time. I poured a cup of lemonade and went and sat on a bench, and all the noises that would usually make me feel anxious (conversations, music, kids yelling) sounded like beach waves to me. L-Theanine takes out all the highs and lows and makes everything even keeled. Another time I took a dose and went out to eat by myself.... a brave stunt for someone with anxiety issues. But again, all the noises of the restaurant sounded like fall leaves rustling in the wind. I remember some other guy was eating alone and I kept looking at him and he would look at me back but I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel embarassed for staring at him and I wasn't excited that he caught me looking. It was just like whatever. I was in such a state of calmness that I couldn't feel anything at all. The regular me wouldn't think to eat at a restaurant alone and if I did I would have to sit facing a wall. And even then I would constantly be thinking if patrons were staring at my back and talking about me.

Last edited:
I noticed a few responses in the Scary Moments Thread, and decided to ask if any other NTers get them? I had one yesterday, and almost had another one today. The first time I had one was about 3 years ago and I thought I was dying. I had to take 2 ceraquils (sp?) in order to fall asleep just to stop it. I had another one in September last year and it was excruciating, stuck in a cramped car from Highland Park to San Bernardino with no one really helping. 

Anyone get them? What do you do to help stem it from happening? Thoughts? Questions?
you need to find out what is triggering them.  i used to get mild ones, i am still fighting the slight hypochondriasis stuff.  started a little after my mother died; basically having her die made me subconsciously realize that death was right around the corner where before it was never a concern for me.  right in the middle of my office started ducking down, holdin my head and couldn't breathe (really i could it was just a mind thing).  it's taken five years for me to get a handle on it to where i notice when it's happening and can head it off at the pass.  i only got a little therapy for it.  you should too.  find out where it's coming from.  

you need to find out what is triggering them.  i used to get mild ones, i am still fighting the slight hypochondriasis stuff.  started a little after my mother died; basically having her die made me subconsciously realize that death was right around the corner where before it was never a concern for me.  right in the middle of my office started ducking down, holdin my head and couldn't breathe (really i could it was just a mind thing).  it's taken five years for me to get a handle on it to where i notice when it's happening and can head it off at the pass.  i only got a little therapy for it.  you should too.  find out where it's coming from.  
I've had therapy. Started it at 10 when my momma started wylin'. Started going again a year ago to help with my alcoholism. But yeah I usually can stem it from jump. It's usually when I've been alone too long and start to harp on things that are stressful and have no one to vent to. I might have anger issues, at least that's what my pops told me today. He also told me my momma used to get them too. Funny thing is he threw out her Psych meds the other day. But yeah being out in public I have no anxiety, it's when I have no outside contact that it begins to creep. I dunno tho' it just pisses me off because I know it's nothing consciously, but subconsciously it gets to me.

I've had therapy. Started it at 10 when my momma started wylin'. Started going again a year ago to help with my alcoholism. But yeah I usually can stem it from jump. It's usually when I've been alone too long and start to harp on things that are stressful and have no one to vent to. I might have anger issues, at least that's what my pops told me today. He also told me my momma used to get them too. Funny thing is he threw out her Psych meds the other day. But yeah being out in public I have no anxiety, it's when I have no outside contact that it begins to creep. I dunno tho' it just pisses me off because I know it's nothing consciously, but subconsciously it gets to me.
What type of thoughts usually trigger the attacks? What are your deepest fears, or things you've buried deep down and don't want to come to the surface?

this crazy. yall be feeling like your dying? I cant imagine what that feels like. I think Ide go on the offensive, panic and start snuffing random ppl for no reason, look all types of crazy.

My little bro has general anxiety disorder and it's hard for a highschooler like him to live a normal life :smh: we just keep at it day by day with therapy, keeping logs of attacks etc...

look up breathing exercises. Start reasoning with yourself and try to validate the fear. Deep slow breathing making sue you breathe from the diaphragm instead of the chest.

ha yea man i feel ya.  talk to myself ALL the time.  even now at 32 still feel like a ***** talkin to myself but it helps me cope.  much love man, it's all in the brain.

also been listening to this style music for awhile, helps me chill and be less aggressive.  

Last edited:
I get them sometimes thinking about the universe/end of life :lol: :smh: I snap out of it quickly thankfully

I've only had a panic attack once, and it was because I smoked a whole blunt by myself...

My heart started beating fast and I was just so gone I thought I was having a heart attack... I called 911 and the amberlamps man was lookin at me like :stoneface: the whole time.

I smoke often, so I realized that it was all in my head... **** made me stop smokin blunts to myself

Last edited:
There was a time 2 years ago where I was in an almost constant state of panic for 2 solid months.

Look into cognitive behavioral therapy. It worked great for me.

Also, how old are you? You may be experiencing a quarter-life crisis.

I think I'm just stir crazy right now. I almost had another one just now. I actually think this thread is helping. Thanks all ya'll. I just feel isolated from my peoples right now because I've been here pretty much everyday all day for the last 3 weeks. Might be a culture shock because my house is completely different. It's only 3 more days tho.

There was a time 2 years ago where I was in an almost constant state of panic for 2 solid months.

Look into cognitive behavioral therapy. It worked great for me.

Also, how old are you? You may be experiencing a quarter-life crisis.
I'm 24, turn 25 next month, it might be a QLC? I dunno tho. I'll be alright good lookin tho to all the NT fam.

I've only had a panic attack once, and it was because I smoked a whole blunt by myself...

My heart started beating fast and I was just so gone I thought I was having a heart attack... I called 911 and the amberlamps man was lookin at me like
indifferent.gif
the whole time.

I smoke often, so I realized that it was all in my head... **** made me stop smokin blunts to myself
I smoked tree out of a hookah and it was only my second time smoking ever.

It was the opposite for me I legit couldnt feel my heart beat thought it stopped
laugh.gif

I started panicking ,doing excercises and ishh to speed it up.

Worst feeling ever.
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom