PARANORMAL ACTIVITY VOL. SCARIEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Originally Posted by jordanpinoy

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

It's not horrible but I wouldn't pay movie theater prices for it nit was so boring and somewhat funny till the end. Dumb question: is it a true story?doesn't seem like it but the thanks in the beginning made me think it was.

it also has me guessing it was a true story due to the beginning of the movie and at the end stating that dudes body was found and Katie hasn't been found since

Nah it wasn't a true story.

Originally Posted by Real Talk

Wow really disappointed it was terrible. Not even scary
smh.gif

Movie was very soft. Way too much hype over nothing.

just came back its was good but nothing extremely scary..the endings was the best part when she threw homeboy in the camera..went wit a date and she wasfreaked out kept jumping and holding to me
smile.gif
..overall its was descent nothing to scary, but had a good time with my chic

A lot of ppl just don't get horror movies. You go into it with an open mind and a good sense of what a horror movie is.
For the genre and what it was, it was a great movie. People get too hyped up and go into it not knowing %#% they're getting themselves into
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
at yall saying it was wak, movie was
smokin.gif

i only got scared once
86b3516be55950e1ae00522ee7cfb8f0892f6d6.gif
laugh.gif
.(at the part at the end)

it was more
roll.gif
than scary too me. me and my boy and a couple chicks wentto c it.
we had mad side comments, like the ghost just tryna smash, and he got mad cuz they too his fap material(the pic), and he left her a hickey
laugh.gif
, just mad jokes.
that dude mikah was funny too.

Just saw it last night. Scariest movie I've seen. Dude flying at the cam wasn't nearly as bad as ole girl getting dragged down the hall.

the only reason some of you didn't enjoy it is simply because you read this thread before going and your expectations shot way up

--People thought "movie" was real at first but you can tell it was fake cuz the BF was just toooooo brave.
--If I was in those situations I would be trippin out.

--When girl just stands over the bed for hours during the night was creepy as hell.

wait wait wait, i havent seen this yet, but someone is trying to tell me that its real, its not is it?

Seen this one Friday, I'd have to say it was pretty scary
When Ole girl was getting dragged down the hall I was like
eek.gif

I found it funny when she was like " I can feel it looking at me"
laugh.gif

When the sheets lifted up, everyone in the theatre was like "Ohhhhhh"
roll.gif

Good movie overall.

Movie was just a little less then decent IMO.
The only part that ever remotely shocked me was when she through Micah at the camera.
There was a lot of part I found hilarious. Some of thing Micah said had me cracking up.

Those breasts though. Especially when she would sit up in the middle of the night

All I know is these dudes need to stop tryna look for AND beat up invisible monsters.

And if I know my chick got demons chillin in my crib, slammin doors and turnin @#@# on and off and whatnot, I'm breaking that off EARLY.
laugh.gif

Y'all tripping saying the movie is wack. I think it was really good. Her just hovering over you is freaky as hell. Imagine waking up at night and justhaving someone hover over you, staring at you with bugged out eyes. Crazy.

Movie was good, but I'll admit the hype ruined it a little for me. Definitely not the scariest movie i've seen. Strangers probably takes that title forme.

I was watching thinking only a white dude....

I don't even deal wit crazy ex boyfriends...

White dude was trying to fight demons! for his chick!

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

Movie was just a little less then decent IMO.
The only part that ever remotely shocked me was when she through Micah at the camera.
There was a lot of part I found hilarious. Some of thing Micah said had me cracking up.

Those breasts though. Especially when she would sit up in the middle of the night
basicly how i felt.

it was entertaining. i like how it was filmed

Alright joint is too hyped in the sense of it being "scary" Im a %$++! when it comes to scary movies, and I wasn't even phased, I was laughingmost of the time, cuz it was funny when she was getting dragged through the hall, only part that shock me a bit was, the last scene thats all, movies goodthough I liked it.

Good movie... A little bit over hyped but still good none the less for a horror flick.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

the only reason some of you didn't enjoy it is simply because you read this thread before going and your expectations shot way up
QFT

eek.gif
at the alternate endings they didn't use in the theatrical release.

Spoiler [+]
SPOILER WARNING! PLOT DETAILS BEYOND THIS POINT:

The current cut concludes with Katie being dragged from the bed by an unseen force. She screams for help and Micah darts down the stairs. A struggle ensues to the sounds of screaming. Then Micah's body is hurled at the camera (unfortunately shown in the trailer) and Katie re-enters covered in blood. She kneels over his slumped form, sniffs him, delivers a wicked smile, and lunges at the lens.

In the original cut, Micah runs downstairs and is never seen again. Katie emerges covered in blood and wielding a knife. She curls up in the fetal position on the floor by the bed and proceeds to rock back and forth while the timestamp cycles.
paranormal-activity.jpg
Her friend calls and leaves a worried voicemail message on the answering machine, then stops by and screams (presumably after finding Micah). The cops show up and a policeman makes his way upstairs. Katie snaps out of her comatose state and in her confusion she advances with the knife, prompting the panicked police to fire on her.

Peli even shot a third ending where Katie returns knife in hand and in her possessed state slits her throat in front of the camera. Pretty gruesome stuff for a movie that barely includes blood before that moment.

I just got back from seeing this, and it promtedme to find this thread. I definately wasn't scared, but thought it was entertaining enough. I do think thehype is what filled the theater. It definately is a good date movie though.

Thought this movie was real going into it. It had me shook, not gonna lie. I just can't get down with that demonic/possession type junk.

Back
Top Bottom