Parents want to vist vol. Need to get rid of smells.

OK, so I live off campus and I am saving a ton of money. No loans and I get back financial aid money
pimp.gif
. Anyways, I going back sometime this week BUT my parents are insisting that they drive up thisSunday to visit me. Most likely they just want to see how bad I am doing without them (doing pretty damn fine). Unfortunately, there may be a few smells thatthey won't be too cool with. Any tips to keep the apartment smelling fresh (beside telling the roommate to let the smoke clear) and showing them I'm agood kid and that their financial support is not being thrown away?

Fabreeze is your friend. Use the ones for the fabrics and the air freshener...also, if you don't mind the cold too much, open the windows for a little bitand get some air flowing.

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

OK, so I live off campus and I am saving a ton of money. No loans and I get back financial aid money
pimp.gif
. Anyways, I going back sometime this week BUT my parents are insisting that they drive up this Sunday to visit me. Most likely they just want to see how bad I am doing without them (doing pretty damn fine). Unfortunately, there may be a few smells that they won't be too cool with. Any tips to keep the apartment smelling fresh (beside telling the roommate to let the smoke clear) and showing them I'm a good kid and that their financial support is not being thrown away?

Clean kitchen, clean bathroom, ventilate for days, scented candles.

open%20window%20web.jpg

aiyo, have yall ever been to somebody's house, pooped, then realized that they dont have any air freshener?

is it like some kinda upscale thing not to have air freshener in the bathroom?

open the windows to air the place out, and spray hella lysol.
i guess, iono' when i had my own apt. and my dad came to visit i wouldnt cover up squat...of course i was paying for everything myself, so he shouldnt havea say either way...
yeah, my apt might as well have been a marijuana farm...

if you open your window, make sure to open a door/window on the opposite side to allow for cross ventilation

get one of those glaze automatic timer sprayers... the best thing i ever bought for my dormroom

Get OdoBan. They sell it at Wal Mart. It's a fabric refresher, air disinfectant, and cleaning additive. It's very strong originally (like gets in yourthroat strong) but when it dies down it's a sweet eucalyptus scent and kills whatever stink was already there.

clean all the hard surfaces with a high strength cleaner open the windows and get the fan going throw some carpet powder down when you vacuum and you should begood....

why is your apartment smellin like weed smoke for that long (im guessing its weed smoke and not cig smoke youre talkin about)

i smoke in my place everyday and the smell goes away within a few hours,but that reggie miller will linger for a few days,just upgrade your smoke

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

OZIUM

its what they use in hospitals.
exactly what I was going to say....all the other stuff is going to make your crib smell fruity two shoes and your parents will know whats up.....

Stop smoking in the house immediately......Open the windows for a good 6 hours....clean your kitchen, clean your bathroom, do some laundry....have a girl comeover and do this stuff for you.......then spray the OZIUM and leave the house.....come back 2 or 3 hours later and see what it smells like.....

should be great....always worked for me...

Ok man, if you got tile in the kitchen buy: Fabuloso and mix clorox in it and mop up all tile and wood on the floor.

If you got pillow cases on the sofa, throw it in the washer and dryer

If you got carpet, get that carpet powder with a good scent and get to work.

Use a lot of a fabreeze, etc etc

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

plug ins bo, them thangs work wonders!! get the febreeze ones though, they got two scented smells that switch off and on.
yeah those work like a charm and if the smell is in ya furniture be sure and vacuum those good. that will kill a lot of the smell

Febreeze is great, as are reed diffusers. You can also look into this stuff from bath and body works its great. It's called a Wallflower Fragrance Bulb.But nothing can replace good old fashioned cleaning quite honestly.

Back
Top Bottom