Parks and Recreation vol. Ron Swanson ftw

tom was 
laugh.gif
as usual. ron swanson being miserable because he didnt want to have a party was 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just caught up with the last two episodes and they were both hilarious. Andy when he yelled "Garbage fight!" and hit Tom with trash bag. LOL! Hahahaha.

Just caught up with the last two episodes and they were both hilarious. Andy when he yelled "Garbage fight!" and hit Tom with trash bag. LOL! Hahahaha.

I'm giving this show a try...I don't know why but I am.

Watched the 1st two episodes of season one just now.

It's EXACTLY like The Office...Amy Poehler is Steve Carell, the camera angles everything is shot exactly the same...that's not a good thing...get original.

I understand The Office is a major success but idk I feel like this is too much of a copy.

That's one of the main things that stood out to me so far...I'll see how this goes

It's EXACTLY like The Office...Amy Poehler is Steve Carell, the camera angles everything is shot exactly the same...that's not a good thing...get original.

I understand The Office is a major success but idk I feel like this is too much of a copy.

That's one of the main things that stood out to me so far...I'll see how this goes

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

You have 4 more episodes until you get to the good stuff. Season 2 is hilarious!

You have 4 more episodes until you get to the good stuff. Season 2 is hilarious!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

All-time favorite Donna line, the cold opening when Tom was trying out Ron's hat and her pick-up line was "Yes I am a hunter, and it's you season"

My favorite has to be when they went on the camping trip and she says "YOU SHOT MY MERCEDES!!!!". This had me in tears.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

All-time favorite Donna line, the cold opening when Tom was trying out Ron's hat and her pick-up line was "Yes I am a hunter, and it's you season"

My favorite has to be when they went on the camping trip and she says "YOU SHOT MY MERCEDES!!!!". This had me in tears.

Well, it is created by the same people that created the US version of The Office. I can see why that can be off-putting though because I thought the same thing when I first saw it. Personally, I like this show a lot. The first season almost turned me off to it but once you get into the second season and especially the current season you can see how better developed the characters are and its overall a lot funnier then when it first started. I would recommend to keep watching it.

Well, it is created by the same people that created the US version of The Office. I can see why that can be off-putting though because I thought the same thing when I first saw it. Personally, I like this show a lot. The first season almost turned me off to it but once you get into the second season and especially the current season you can see how better developed the characters are and its overall a lot funnier then when it first started. I would recommend to keep watching it.

ya it is a wannabe early office but they tried with the second season. still think there is better things for u to watch unless u like that hipster chick........ which is what got me

ya it is a wannabe early office but they tried with the second season. still think there is better things for u to watch unless u like that hipster chick........ which is what got me

venom, it's a great show.. i suggest you stick with it. I was reluctant at first as well but finished season 1, 2, and caught up with 3 in a span of 4-5 days.

venom, it's a great show.. i suggest you stick with it. I was reluctant at first as well but finished season 1, 2, and caught up with 3 in a span of 4-5 days.

I actually gave up on this show during the first season. Then I heard some great things about season 2. So midway through that, I started watching again. I'm glad I jumped back on board. Leslie was too wacky and weird in season 1. Huge turnoff. Then season 2 came around and the other characters really stood out. One of the best comedies out there right now.. Give it a chance, or just skim through season 1 and go to season 2. Lots of great shows go through growing pains. For this show, it was a mere 6 episodes. Others struggle for longer and given much more credit.

I actually gave up on this show during the first season. Then I heard some great things about season 2. So midway through that, I started watching again. I'm glad I jumped back on board. Leslie was too wacky and weird in season 1. Huge turnoff. Then season 2 came around and the other characters really stood out. One of the best comedies out there right now.. Give it a chance, or just skim through season 1 and go to season 2. Lots of great shows go through growing pains. For this show, it was a mere 6 episodes. Others struggle for longer and given much more credit.

season 1 was brutal to get through, i watched the first episode of season 1 and skipped all the way to season 2 and went back to finish season 1. definitely worth following though

season 1 was brutal to get through, i watched the first episode of season 1 and skipped all the way to season 2 and went back to finish season 1. definitely worth following though

Once you get past the similarities in production (since it's created by the same people) the show's aren't as similar as some may think.

Early Office (like the original UK) was awkward and dry with plenty of cringe worthy moments. It was supposed to be a contained show about the daily life of regular office workers, featuring Steve Carrell as the zany leader and everyone playing off him within their set character roles. Eventually the show expanded into the traditional sitcom and rounded out the characters and developed them/ruined them and the show jumped the shark.

Parks creates an entire world of Pawnee, and while it's set mainly in the office of the parks department, it isn't supposed to be a daily journal of these characters... it's more of a traditional show with rounded and development characters. With the Office you're supposed to be seeing these "real" characters through the eyes of the documentary crew, but that's not the case with Parks. Poehler reigns in the Carrell impersonation and she isn't the incompetent boss Carrell is, there isn't a Ron on the Office, there isn't a Ann Perkins or Donna or April. Parks gives you humor about government, about the locals (any town meeting is brilliant), the Libertarian beliefs of Swanson, the Diddy inspired life of Tom, etc.

Parks creates an environment similar to The Simpsons or King of the Hill with a whole town filled with characters and stories that are waiting to be discovered/addressed. Creatively the Office and Parks aim to do a lot of different things, and they're both successful (the Office early on and Parks after season 1). Where Parks succeeds is where the Office failed, it has room to grow and theoretically infinite stories. At a certain point the Office either had to end (like the UK version) or expand and thus ruin the original premise. With Parks the show was created with expansion in mind, the entire town + the outside world is available to be part of the story, plus the Parks department's own interactions combine to a different kind of series that shouldn't face the same struggles of the Office.

Back
Top Bottom