PARTYNEXTDOOR ~ OMO Thread Official

Spiteful

giphy.gif

This whole album sounds like uninspired, repetitive, mumbling BS. And I loved PartyNextDoor when I first started listening to him a couple years ago.

There are some really good tracks and there are some dry tracks. P2 was literally perfection so I think I came into this one expecting the same and was left somewhat disappointed. With that said, I still plan to play this album ALOT. I'm definitely with the theory that Drake stole many of the tracks meant for this album.

Last edited:
P2 had more of an accessible sound than P3.

I'm loving this **** personally because this is way more atmospheric than I was expecting.

His writing could be stronger but I always feel like that with him, I will say the musicality of this project is above anything else he's dropped.

I already can't wait to listen to this in the winter.

Type of **** you **** your woman when y'all off the egg nog and Henny, smoke something in the downtown hotel, reflections.

I like High Hopes better than Legend honestly, never been a big fan of that track.

Production on High Hopes got them layers man, PND ear for music is unquestionable.

First time listening to a full PND album. Two things I thought about instantly

1. If anybody believed he didn't write for Drake before..

2. Half the time I don't even know wtf he's saying :lol: mumbling Marvin over here

Whoever is editing those PND lyrics before they get to Drake (maybe it's Drake), needs to help PND. I really want to like all of his songs, but lyrically he needs some help.

This. Album is kind of boring to me.

I could see that and I'm a Tory fan but he's not getting anybody out the paint. :lol:

Will his album be more pop focused and do more #'s? Yes probably but that doesn't equate to quality.

I think ppl are definitely saying the drake **** just to say it. No way you listen to this album, and think he was even going for that kinda sound...

Brown skin??? Is this not some next level **** ? :lol:

Like I said, this is a totally different style...he switched it up and came with heat. The ppl who say the production isn't there aren't listening. They just want that old PND 1 or 2 sound

I think ppl are definitely saying the drake **** just to say it. No way you listen to this album, and think he was even going for that kinda sound...

Brown skin??? Is this not some next level **** ? :lol:

Like I said, this is a totally different style...he switched it up and came with heat. The ppl who say the production isn't there aren't listening. They just want that old PND 1 or 2 sound

Brown Skin one of the craziest beats of the year easily.

**** morphs on you, at the end it opens up and feels like rain.

I'm saying. I listened to it the first time unimpressed.

I ran that **** back after I pined and I was mind blown.

One of my favs now.

I could see that and I'm a Tory fan but he's not getting anybody out the paint.
laugh.gif

Will his album be more pop focused and do more #'s? Yes probably but that doesn't equate to quality.
His album I feel like gonna be a mix of the pop/rap/R&B stuff.

There's a skit at the end of Flex so to me that looks like it's gonna be a GKMC type thing where he goes through his mom dying, being homeless, in the streets and then making it.

There are also skits in his Chixtape series.

Back
Top Bottom