::Patrick Willis named Defensive Rookie of the Year::

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/nfl/news/ABN4120400.htm

49ers' Willis named Defensive Rookie of the Year
New York, NY (Sports Network) - San Francisco linebacker Patrick Willis was named the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year, as selected by the AssociatedPress.

Willis received 48 of a possible 50 votes from a nationwide media panel that regularly covers the NFL. Carolina linebacker Jon Beason received the other twovotes.

The former Ole Miss star recorded 174 tackles and four sacks en route to becoming the fifth straight linebacker to take home the honor. The previous fourwinners were DeMeco Ryans of the Houston Texans, Shawne Merriman of San Diego, Jonathan Vilma of the New York Jets, and Terrell Suggs of Baltimore.

Willis is the just the third 49ers player to win the award, joining cornerback Bruce Taylor (1970) and defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield (1993).

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Congrats to Pat.

yea i couldnt really think of anybody else to get this award. He deffly desevered it. Good Job Pat

I def saw this coming. Dude was a beast this year. I hope he keeps it up for the remainder of his career.

pimp.gif
hell yes. the only bright spot on our team along with andy lee and shaun hill to a little extent. if manny lawson can return healthy, the defense may justbe all right. just gotta completely revamp that offense in the offseason.

I looked at this post and saw the "::" and thought to myself "when the hell did I make this post?"

congrats to willis..

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

Glad to see they didnt rob him just because he's on arguably the worst team
Thats a really difficult thing to argue when one team had one win all year, and there were 5 teams with worse records.
smh.gif
for hating on the niners.

"I have to curse. Who in the (expletive) is number 52? Oh, my (expletive) God," Johnson said. "I've seen a lot of linebackers in my seven years and that mother (expletive) is good. He is the real deal. And you know he's playing with a cast on his hand, right? All during film, I'm calling him 'Bam-Bam,' like from the Flintstones because he hits everything. He is the truth. All I know is his last name is Willis. You tell him, '85 said, man, you're the truth." -Chad Johnson

pimp.gif
Congrats to PW.

Its easy to get alot of tackles when your D is on the field for 50 minutes of the game...

Honestly, when they drafter him i was like ..........who the eff is Patrick Willis??????.....Until i saw some of his college highlights, then isaid..........YESSS.......WE GOT PATRICK WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

"I have to curse. Who in the (expletive) is number 52? Oh, my (expletive) God," Johnson said. "I've seen a lot of linebackers in my seven years and that mother (expletive) is good. He is the real deal. And you know he's playing with a cast on his hand, right? All during film, I'm calling him 'Bam-Bam,' like from the Flintstones because he hits everything. He is the truth. All I know is his last name is Willis. You tell him, '85 said, man, you're the truth." -Chad Johnson
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

Glad to see they didnt rob him just because he's on arguably the worst team

How the hell are the Niners the worst team?? Anyway BIG PROPS to PWillie.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Keep doing what you doing.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom