Paying a ticket in a city you dont live in?

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

a warrant will be issued and if you get pulled over ANYWHERE it will pop up and you will be arrested.

eek.gif
I guess ill pay mine!

As mentioned, a warrant will be put out for your arrest.

If it were parking tickets though, there's no way I'd pay them. I still owe $300 worth of parking tickets from 2000 back in MI, and have no intentionof ever paying those nazis.

This thread is interesting to me. I've gotten pulled over so many fricken times for my window tint... sometimes they tell me to take care of it.. sometimesnot..

I got pulled over in the fall and never took care of it.. so I had to pay like 400 in fines.. when its normally just a fix it ticket
sick.gif
SMH at me for notgetting it taken care of when i had the chance...

I got pulled over probably 2 times when I was overdue for the money I owed, one of the times just got let off, another time I didn't have my proof ofinsurance in the car... cop was real cool about it and said just go to the courthouse in 14 days and show them you have insurance and you won't have to payanything.. so this time instead of not going.. I do that but they still make me pay a fine anyway
smh.gif
Even tho the officer said I'd be fine
mad.gif
and i hadinsurance...
mad.gif

So I just got a notice that I owe like 100 to the state for driver fee's... and apparently I owe 400 to my school for a class I didn't pay for? This isnews to me..

So I'm afraid that if I pay partially now since I dont have 500 laying around.. that it won't go toward my driver fee.. and will still have a warrantout.. if I even do.. i'm confused ha ha

and yes

FML

Yes OP you have to pay it. I got a parking ticket in LA and they wrote down my old plate number (Old plate on the front new on the back) and I got that damticket in the mail a month later. Instead of a 30 dollar ticket it was $65.

I mean... really though... how are you gonna have a warrant out for your arrest for a 200 dollar ticket? Thats ******ed IMO

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by Kobe BACK

just pay the fine

im not persuaded

then don't pay. that's fine...

especially if you don't like your freedom. you'll have a warrant out for your arrest, and on top of ticket fines, court fines, and warrant fines,you'll have a suspended license, too.

your next post will probably be something along the lines of:

NT - i spent the night in jail because i'm an idiot.

...and when you apply for your first REAL job, they'll do a background check on you that will find the warrant. you won't get the job all because youthought you didn't have to pay an out of city ticket.

trust me, i see this nearly every week.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

is there a reason i should do this? i just got home from my friends house in jersey and i got a speeding ticket on i95..do i really have to pay this !#%#??..i dont live in jersey and i doubt they're gonna cross that bridge to tow my car back
Driver License Compact (DLC) is an interstate compact used by States of the United States to exchange information concerning license suspensions and traffic violations of non-residents and forward them to the state where they are licensed known as the home state. Its theme is One Driver, One License, One Record. The home state would treat the offense as if it had been committed at home, applying home state laws to the out-of-state offense. The action taken would include, but not be limited to, points assessed on a minor offense such as speeding and suspension of license or a major violation such as DWI/DUI. It is not supposed to include non-moving violations like parking tickets, tinted windows, loud exhaust, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_License_Compact

it'll go on your home state's license if you don't pay it... and then they'll suspend your license... so the next time you get pulled over..you'll be in a world of hurt

Back
Top Bottom