Paypal Gift scammed, need advice

Originally Posted by djsaluki

NT members, forgive me if this answer already exists.  I searched through a ton of forums for a direct answer, but had no luck.  I appreciate any advice!  I'll make the story quick.  I've been a Jordan collector since '96, and over the last year started using eBay a lot more.  I bought a pair of Space Jams from a seller, who gave me a better price by paying via Paypal Gift.  Seems like this is a more popular things nowadays saving on the ridiculous 14% fees.  The seller seemed very legit, very good communication, articulate, etc.  I sent $300 via paypal gift, seller responded right away that he would ship them in the morning and send the tracking number.  It's been almost 2 weeks and I have not heard anything and he seems to be ignoring all my emails.  Unfortunately I dont have this guys address or phone number, only his email address and name.  So......basically my plan, if any of this is possible, is to file a police report in his city (Sacramento) and my city, file a report with USPS, Attorneys General Office, etc.  I know its only $300, and its not much, but to me it's the principle.  I dont want homeboy to think he can just scam people for free money.  So really, I dont care if it costs me $1,000 to track this guy down and get him caught, because I believe in principle and integrity.  Anyways, was wondering what other options I have, since I know it was now a bad idea to pay via Paypal gift.  Will Paypal do anything?  The funds came from my Wells Fargo account, so can my bank do anything? 
enlarged to let everyone know what we are dealing with

[h2]gift[/h2]   [gift] Show IPA
noun
something given  voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.

laugh.gif
at paying as gift.

laugh.gif
at this being your first post.

laugh.gif
at you.
nerd.gif
 Who from Sacramento?

If you paid with a credit card, simply call your bank & file a chargeback.

Paypal won't refund you, but your bank will as long as you paid with a credit card.
It'll take about a week.

Sacramento?  If you had his address, I'd check it out for you, but it looks like you can't do much.  Post his name and e-mail 
nerd.gif

Dudes never learn. Think about what "gift" means and then tell me if it sounds like a good idea to "gift" a stranger money. C'mon son.

Back
Top Bottom