Paypal help please

I hope this is in the right section, if not just let me know and lock it up.

So im trying to pay with my credit card. It says that in order to doso, the amount you are sending out must exceed the amount in yourpaypal balance.

so thats whats im doing, yet when i try to change the payment method,it only allows me to pay as an instant bank tranfer, and it greys outthe credit card option.

anyone know how I can pay part of my payment as a credit card?

ya pretty much, its the only way to use a credit card to pay

for example

i want to buy 100 dollar shoes

i have 90 in my paypal balance

i pay 90 with my paypal balance then 10 with my credit card since i can only use my credit card if i have unsufficient amount of funds in my paypalbalance

is your credit card aka your debit/bank card?

then you can add that as backup source for payment its on one of the links at the top

you need to link your account to a bank account...then, the remaining $10 will be taken from the bank account...i'm not sure that it would work your way.

my backupfunding source IS my credeit card, but it only uses it if my BANK ACCOUNT doesnt ahve enough. i want to skip bank account straight to credit card. i know i can do it but for some reason it wont let me

That's not the only way to pay with a credit card using paypal. You can do it all completely on your credit card if you have no balance on your paypal otherwise it will do the paypal funds first then credit card. I'm not sure that you can do a balance transfer to a credit card though so that you could completely put it on your card.

The way I read the message it led me to believe you can't use your card to pay $10 because you have $90 in your paypal account and $90>$10. Not sure why they would have that as a rule though.

nah not a balance transfer.

your right on the: You can do it all completely on your credit card if you have no balance on your paypal otherwise it will do the paypal funds first then credit card.

thats what im trying to do except i have some balance in my paypal.

i emailed them a while ago they said i can pay the rest with either my bank account or credit card if my paypal balance doesnt have enough. that is what im trying to do, to pay with my credit card. but when i try to change my payment method it only lets me pay the rest with my bank account and use my credit card has the last resort.

the error message says:

Some payment methods are not available for this transaction.

• Credit Card - This payment cannot be funded with a credit card.

so I just figured out this only happens to certain accounts, while other email accounts i send money to i can use credit card.

anyone know why?

Back
Top Bottom