Paypal "Holding Payment" vol. Is this normal?

Hello,

I just sold an iphone on ebay and the seller took a while to pay. Once he did pay, he sent me an echeck which took forever to process. Now it says that the funds are 'on hold' until I ship the item. Is this how business is normally done, or am I risking getting scammed. Im pretty new at this - i ususally just buy things on ebay.

thanks

Hello,

I just sold an iphone on ebay and the seller took a while to pay. Once he did pay, he sent me an echeck which took forever to process. Now it says that the funds are 'on hold' until I ship the item. Is this how business is normally done, or am I risking getting scammed. Im pretty new at this - i ususally just buy things on ebay.

thanks

Yep. That's paypals new way of doing things. Particularly if you're a new seller or selling a high value item. Once you get DC, be sure to enter that number on the shipment page of paypal. Usually upon DC showing delivered or feedback being left is when they release the funds, not sure if they do it sooner. I've never had them held.

Yep. That's paypals new way of doing things. Particularly if you're a new seller or selling a high value item. Once you get DC, be sure to enter that number on the shipment page of paypal. Usually upon DC showing delivered or feedback being left is when they release the funds, not sure if they do it sooner. I've never had them held.

They release funds after positive feedback/delivery confirmation is left. If not after 21 days the funds are released.

They release funds after positive feedback/delivery confirmation is left. If not after 21 days the funds are released.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

alright, newb question: does DC mean delivery confirmation? and where do i enter that stuff in?

Originally Posted by Nawth21

alright, newb question: does DC mean delivery confirmation? and where do i enter that stuff in?

Back
Top Bottom