PayPal Question

About to receive my first payment from Paypal, not sure how this works.
If they transferred me the money tomorrow, do I give them the item tomorrow?

Or do I wait until the payment clears into my personal bank account?

Basically I'm scared give the item away, then their is a issue with the payment, and then I am out of a item. Has anybody else ever had an issue with this. I know Credit card fraud is big thes days.

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

About to receive my first payment from Paypal, not sure how this works.
If they transferred me the money tomorrow, do I give them the item tomorrow?

Or do I wait until the payment clears into my personal bank account?

Basically I'm scared give the item away, then their is a issue with the payment, and then I am out of a item. Has anybody else ever had an issue with this. I know Credit card fraud is big thes days.
When I used to sell items on ebay, I would always transfer the money into my account first, then ship the item. As long as you transfer the money into your account, I don't think Paypal can reverse that transaction and take money out of your bank account. 

when the moneys in your paypal account you supposed to ship the item...the moneys already urs

unless its echeck then you wait till it clears

Issue is Selling some car rims, local pickup on Craiglist, I usually on do cash payment on local Pickup

Asking Price was $1250, though I didnt expect to get it. I get an response the next day from a chick stating she is trying to get the rims, and asking if I have paypal.

I offerred to sell them to her for $1150 cash, but she stated she insisted giving me the entire $1250 if I took a Paypal Payment?

This just has a little nervous. If she transfers this money tomorrow, and it shows in my PayPal should I give her the rims tomorrow Niketalk?

sounds iffy

she could file a charge back

straight up ask her why she doesn't wanna deal in cash for less even knock it down to 1100 just to get her response

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

Issue is Selling some car rims, local pickup on Craiglist, I usually on do cash payment on local Pickup

Asking Price was $1250, though I didnt expect to get it. I get an response the next day from a chick stating she is trying to get the rims, and asking if I have paypal.

I offerred to sell them to her for $1150 cash, but she stated she insisted giving me the entire $1250 if I took a Paypal Payment?

This just has a little nervous. If she transfers this money tomorrow, and it shows in my PayPal should I give her the rims tomorrow Niketalk?
You sure it's not a scam bro? Scammers will overpay or pay the initial price even when you offer a discount. If there is not a lot of personal information in that email, either post it here or PM ito me and I'll let you know if its a scam or not. 

That does sound sketchy imo. I thought you were talking about an ebay transaction, but if this is craigslist we're talking about, there really is no protocol on how to transfer the money and the item, nor is there some form of system will help you resolve the situation if you get screwed. Hell, if you want you could make her pay you first as a gift payment, then never talk to her again.

this kind of thread pops up every week -__________________________________-

2 giant red flags and you're doing your best to ignore them
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Executive76

2 giant red flags and you're doing your best to ignore them
30t6p3b.gif

and w/ PP if they pick up in person you have no protection  w/ them.

Back
Top Bottom