Paypal Question

I sold a couple items through paypal and sent a request money invoice. its saying "pending' but the buyer is telling me to ship. I was expecting to get an email confirming the payment was sent but he is telling me  "It is pending until you ship out..paypal does that with sent payment.." is this true ? I just begun dealing with paypal so i have no idea. I do not want to get got.

heres a tip

Never send anything out without the money in your account withdrawn to your bank account

better to be safe than sorry

that guy is lying to you no money was sent sounds sketch i would just relist em if i were you

PENDING is pretty clear bro, that means it has not cleared yet. After it clears, then I would ship, sometimes it takes a few days before the funds clear, depends on how they fund their PayPal account. My Advice, wait til it clears then ship, not before with it pending.

NEVER ship anything until you log onto PayPal/bank website and SEE your money there. EVER. Person is tryin to pull a fast one on you. Pending means it hasn't cleared yet. He could have sent an e-check (takes about 5 days to clear) but e checks are sketchy cause dude can take all the money out his account and check will bounce. Just remember NEVER to ship unless you actually log onto (PayPal, BofA for example) and confirm that the money is there.Edit- also, don't trust emails. They can be easily faked. Taking an extra minute to sign into PayPal or your bank will save you lots of money in the long run..

I even got this from Paypal cause I just sold an item for $8. Why does Paypal have this option? It is saying I have to ship the item and wait for the person to actually put feedback in order for me to get the money. Is this cause Paypal is looking out for the buyer for potential fraud? I don't even get when and why Paypal allied this.

Thanks NT, this is like my 2nd time selling through paypal and i was just unsure.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I even got this from Paypal cause I just sold an item for $8. Why does Paypal have this option? It is saying I have to ship the item and wait for the person to actually put feedback in order for me to get the money. Is this cause Paypal is looking out for the buyer for potential fraud? I don't even get when and why Paypal allied this.

You should've asked the buyer to just send you the money as a "good" through paypal. With this method, you bypass eBay so your funds aren't held and the buyer is still protected

Paypal now will hold funds until the buyer gets the item buy showing proof the item was delivered or the buyer leaving a positive feedback if you going through ebay. To be safe just contact paypal and ask them about each item in question!

Originally Posted by lilwhoa

Paypal now will hold funds until the buyer gets the item buy showing proof the item was delivered or the buyer leaving a positive feedback if you going through ebay. To be safe just contact paypal and ask them about each item in question!

thats only for ebay. no idea if OP sold on ebay or just on a forum through paypal only.

Don't mean to thread jack but if anyone can help i'd appreciate it. Anyone know how long a credt card refund through paypal takes? Basically i ordered something through a website which takes paypal, its a legit site and have ordered from them in the past. That same day i decided to cancel the order and sent them an email, this was on a Saturday. On Monday i got an email saying my order was canceled and that my card wasn't charged. I check paypal and my credit card and shows that i was charged. I called paypal and they said it indeed was charged. I called the company back up and told them what paypal said and they said whatever amount was charged has been reversed and that paypal just takes a bit long. How long should this take, funny that when you send money its instantly taken but when you need a refund theirs all kind of loopholes and pending bs before anything is done. It's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

its pending until you ship out? lmao c'mon man does that add up in ur brain?

d8336de862d3992ab6792377f708afc45e0531f4_r.gif

Back
Top Bottom