PC question vol. forgot login password

odog24

Banned
i already have a mac so dont say get a mac.
i have this extra sony vaio and i forgot the password.

anyone know how to bypass the login screen for a pc?

i just need to recover some files from the hard drive

thanks

you could try logging in as the administrator. Not sure that you could recover the files you want that way tho

cant log into admin i think the main account was the admin one.
cant even log into the guest
or change which drive too boot off of because the bios are locked.

your not gonna be able to get in. the best you could do is physically remove the HD and transfer whatever files you were trying to get that way.

i read that if u take out the cmos batttery then the bios resets and there is no more bios password which would allow me to reinstall windows 7.

hopefully it works

If you have the Windows 7 disc, just re-install Windows. You will get a clean slate but all of your files will be saved on your C: drive.

I wanna know how to do this also
nerd.gif

Is the power-on password or is this the windows logon screen?

Either way, you can clear out both. The power-on password can be removed by removing the CMOS battery. As for windows logon, you can use a utility like HirenBoot to search the SAM database and clear out the password for the account you want to log into.

Originally Posted by SoLeSuPrEmE

Is the power-on password or is this the windows logon screen?

Either way, you can clear out both. The power-on password can be removed by removing the CMOS battery. As for windows logon, you can use a utility like HirenBoot to search the SAM database and clear out the password for the account you want to log into.

its the windows login password. but theres also a password on the bios

Try using safe mode. If not there is a program you can download. I believe it is called ophcrack.

trying to install a new copy of windows 7 but its not even recognizing the drive

Originally Posted by lacesunlimited

use an ununtu cd and boot ubuntu then navigate to your hard drive and copy the files

If you just want to get some files then this is probably the easiest way

Back
Top Bottom