Peak Kidd 3 review

http://undsed.tumblr.com/...654361/peak-kidd3-review
Peak Kidd 3

What the Kidd did

It’s interesting to see the evolution of a signature series.We have seen PEAK make strides from the PEAK Kidd 1 to the excellent PEAK Kidd 2 and now the Kidd 3.Little by little you see the designers figure out what worked and what didn’t work in previous shoes.From the Kidd 1 to the Kidd 2, designers were able to adress the breathability issues and provide an extremely stable ride with excellent cushioning.The PEAK Kidd 3 cuts layers off of the shoes and the result is the lightest peak basketball shoe to date along with the addition of lessons learned with every signature shoe released.

Of the three PEAK Kidd signature shoes,the Kidd 3 is the lightest to date. PEAK has changed the density of the foam midsoles significantly reducing the weight of the shoe.Similar to the Jordan XV that used a pebax heel counter that was intended to keep the heel in place,the PEAK Kidd 3 instead uses a large foam heel counter to provide the heel support.Where the Kidd 3 succeeds where the XV didn’t is the foam padding inside the shoe to fill the natural gaps and contours of the the wearer’s heel and ankle versus the dynamic fit sleeve on the XV which failed to properly lock down the heel.While I still experienced some heel movement but not on the level of the XV.

PEAK continues to use the same dense sockliner from the previous versions but the Kidd 3 is interesting in terms of it’s overall cushioning.while PEAK cushion-3 continues to evolve,the forefoot has very little foam putting the wearer extremely close to the ground with the sockliner providing most of the forefoot cushioning.Not like the previous versions which had a full foam forefoot and heel coupled with the dense sockliner making the shoes a bit over cushioned.The Kidd 3 manages to allow the wearer an excellent platform for active players who require great forefoot feel.The only negative of the current setup was after extended play I started to feel the court more and more as the wearings went on and foam started to compress.

Traction once again was a huge plus for the Kidd 3.Full length,deep grooved herringbone traction on nice soft rubber makes for excellent traction on most surfaces.A new rubber compound called LightRB also reduces weight without sacrificing too much performance.A large lateral outrigger provides great lateral support and a molded tpu shank in the midfoot coupled with the foam heel wrap make for a stable ride. The shoe comes up to right onto the anklebone but the heel wrap does a good job of cradling the heel keeping the ankle from rolling over.One complaint I did have was the shape of the heel wrap. During play where my heel is impacting the floor and planting,there were a number of instances where my heel would miss due to the thickness of the heel wrap.

Overall an exciting step forward for PEAK.I had to go back and bring the PEAK Kidd 1 and 2 to compare versus the Kidd 3 and the difference was significant.While the weight reduction was nice the biggest improvement was the court feel in the forefoot.The next step would be sustainability without sacrificing the weight or court feel but extending the life of the existing cushioning.

Comfort and Fit-3.5/5

Cushioning-2.75/5

Traction-4.5/5

Ankle Support-3/5

Overall-3.5/5

Overall with better quality materials and a revamped look the PEAK Kidd 3 takes another step forward.Every aspect of the shoe improved versus the Kidd 2.However the ability to sustain that consistent level of performance is where the Kidd 3 fell a little bit short.However despite the minor shortcomings the pluses outweigh the negatives and I am excited to see what PEAK does to continue to improve.

http://undsed.tumblr.com/...654361/peak-kidd3-review
Peak Kidd 3

What the Kidd did

It’s interesting to see the evolution of a signature series.We have seen PEAK make strides from the PEAK Kidd 1 to the excellent PEAK Kidd 2 and now the Kidd 3.Little by little you see the designers figure out what worked and what didn’t work in previous shoes.From the Kidd 1 to the Kidd 2, designers were able to adress the breathability issues and provide an extremely stable ride with excellent cushioning.The PEAK Kidd 3 cuts layers off of the shoes and the result is the lightest peak basketball shoe to date along with the addition of lessons learned with every signature shoe released.

Of the three PEAK Kidd signature shoes,the Kidd 3 is the lightest to date. PEAK has changed the density of the foam midsoles significantly reducing the weight of the shoe.Similar to the Jordan XV that used a pebax heel counter that was intended to keep the heel in place,the PEAK Kidd 3 instead uses a large foam heel counter to provide the heel support.Where the Kidd 3 succeeds where the XV didn’t is the foam padding inside the shoe to fill the natural gaps and contours of the the wearer’s heel and ankle versus the dynamic fit sleeve on the XV which failed to properly lock down the heel.While I still experienced some heel movement but not on the level of the XV.

PEAK continues to use the same dense sockliner from the previous versions but the Kidd 3 is interesting in terms of it’s overall cushioning.while PEAK cushion-3 continues to evolve,the forefoot has very little foam putting the wearer extremely close to the ground with the sockliner providing most of the forefoot cushioning.Not like the previous versions which had a full foam forefoot and heel coupled with the dense sockliner making the shoes a bit over cushioned.The Kidd 3 manages to allow the wearer an excellent platform for active players who require great forefoot feel.The only negative of the current setup was after extended play I started to feel the court more and more as the wearings went on and foam started to compress.

Traction once again was a huge plus for the Kidd 3.Full length,deep grooved herringbone traction on nice soft rubber makes for excellent traction on most surfaces.A new rubber compound called LightRB also reduces weight without sacrificing too much performance.A large lateral outrigger provides great lateral support and a molded tpu shank in the midfoot coupled with the foam heel wrap make for a stable ride. The shoe comes up to right onto the anklebone but the heel wrap does a good job of cradling the heel keeping the ankle from rolling over.One complaint I did have was the shape of the heel wrap. During play where my heel is impacting the floor and planting,there were a number of instances where my heel would miss due to the thickness of the heel wrap.

Overall an exciting step forward for PEAK.I had to go back and bring the PEAK Kidd 1 and 2 to compare versus the Kidd 3 and the difference was significant.While the weight reduction was nice the biggest improvement was the court feel in the forefoot.The next step would be sustainability without sacrificing the weight or court feel but extending the life of the existing cushioning.

Comfort and Fit-3.5/5

Cushioning-2.75/5

Traction-4.5/5

Ankle Support-3/5

Overall-3.5/5

Overall with better quality materials and a revamped look the PEAK Kidd 3 takes another step forward.Every aspect of the shoe improved versus the Kidd 2.However the ability to sustain that consistent level of performance is where the Kidd 3 fell a little bit short.However despite the minor shortcomings the pluses outweigh the negatives and I am excited to see what PEAK does to continue to improve.

Goose, nice job on the review. I am supposed to be getting a pair as well, so now you really have me anticipating. You try the Crazy Lights yet? Also, check my Ball'N review over at CounterKicks. Really nice brand.

Goose, nice job on the review. I am supposed to be getting a pair as well, so now you really have me anticipating. You try the Crazy Lights yet? Also, check my Ball'N review over at CounterKicks. Really nice brand.

Been meaning to pick up the crazy lights...only thing kinda stopping me was watching everyone sprain their ankles in em in the playoffs.

Been meaning to pick up the crazy lights...only thing kinda stopping me was watching everyone sprain their ankles in em in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom