PEOPLE IN HORROR MOVIES HAVE NO FORESIGHT

antonlavey

Banned
I'm watching Dead Silence

1. Why do people in horror movies always go investigating graveyards at night time?

2. This mortician in the movie is telling a story about how this ventriloquist lady died decades ago when he was a kid and wanted to become a doll. Since herdeath there have been multiple deaths in the town. Wouldn't you think it would be in his best interest to leave the town if so many people have beengetting killed?

3. If you see a terrifying figure in the window of your car, multiple times while you're in the graveyard....why would you get out of the car toinvestigate?

Dramatic Irony:

irony that is inherent in speeches or a situation of a drama and is understood by the audience but not grasped by the characters in the play.

?

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

Dramatic Irony:

irony that is inherent in speeches or a situation of a drama and is understood by the audience but not grasped by the characters in the play.

?
I think some of these situations should be fully understood by the characters. Like if you hear a scream, you don't walk toward danger to"investigate".

If people in horror movies didn't do dumb things, there wouldn't be any such thing as horror movies

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

1. Why do people in horror movies always go investigating graveyards at night time?

2. This mortician in the movie is telling a story about how this ventriloquist lady died decades ago when he was a kid and wanted to become a doll. Since her death there have been multiple deaths in the town. Wouldn't you think it would be in his best interest to leave the town if so many people have been getting killed?

3. If you see a terrifying figure in the window of your car, multiple times while you're in the graveyard....why would you get out of the car to investigate?

1 is valid.

2. people aint just got money like that.

3. is way off. yah so every time you see something mysterious or see something flash your car you might as well elave town and call your mom.
roll.gif
roll.gif
be forreal.

you ever came back to your house after a long time away, and checked the floors or rooms quietly even though you were by yourself and maybe a little anxious?or would you call the cops etc etc.

word if i hear a scream im gonna investigate, not by myself though, or maybe with a knife

anton, what happened with that thread about you and the professor? the cooch, did it really have cobwebs in it?

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

2. This mortician in the movie is telling a story about how this ventriloquist lady died decades ago when he was a kid and wanted to become a doll. Since her death there have been multiple deaths in the town. Wouldn't you think it would be in his best interest to leave the town if so many people have been getting killed?

3. If you see a terrifying figure in the window of your car, multiple times while you're in the graveyard....why would you get out of the car to investigate?

1 is valid.

2. people aint just got money like that.

3. is way off. yah so every time you see something mysterious or see something flash your car you might as well elave town and call your mom.
roll.gif
roll.gif
be forreal.

you ever came back to your house after a long time away, and checked the floors or rooms quietly even though you were by yourself and maybe a little anxious? or would you call the cops etc etc.
No being at home is different...dude was in a graveyard tryna bury a doll. If I saw some figures in a graveyard, I would start theengine and be out.

All terrible movies share the same questionable character behavior.

My personal favorite is during cheesy action movies. You know, the "we clearly outnumber him but let's attack him one at a time".

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

One of the reasons I don't like horror movies is how stupid the people are.

qft

what kills me are horror movies rated PG13 i want some R rated type stuff that will have me awake for days...

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

anton, what happened with that thread about you and the professor? the cooch, did it really have cobwebs in it?

I ended up not smashing, I'm tryna get an ipod touch and a Florida vacation out of her first.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

My personal favorite is during cheesy action movies. You know, the "we clearly outnumber him but let's attack him one at a time".

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Action movie henchmen are the worst.

Don't get me wrong i love well-made horror movies. In well-made horror films, the fear feels genuine eg. Hill Have Eyes and 28 days later. In good horrormovies, the situation is bleak and death seems unavoidable. In bad horror movies you watch the whole thing feeling like if you were in that situation you couldhave gotten out alive by having some common sense.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

qft

what kills me are horror movies rated PG13 i want some R rated type stuff that will have me awake for days...
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Rated R movies today aren't even the same...i miss those days[/color]

qft
if people were as smart as youd like them to be, horror movies wouldnt really make sense

why stay in whatever city the killer is in when you could drive to the opposite end of the country

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

qft
if people were as smart as youd like them to be, horror movies wouldnt really make sense

why stay in whatever city the killer is in when you could drive to the opposite end of the country
Like I said, if the situation was as dire and desperate as they portray I would be on a plane early to the other side of the country.
ohwell.gif

Haha I know, if these dumb actions of the characters didn't exsist then, there wouldn't be "horror" movies but still some of the generic onesthat have me just angered....

1) Total agreement on the investigating the Graveyard/Spooky House at night... C'mon fam, you can see better in the daylight.

2) When being chased by the killer, WHY THE HELL DO YOU RUN UP THE STAIRS? Hell jump out a window on your first floor and run like hell. A few scars on yourarms and legs > Dead.

3) If I'm with a group of people in a shady place... NO, WE ARE NOT SPLITTING UP TO COVER MORE GROUND!!!

Hahaha now ya'll got me started; moving on to actions flicks:

1) Again I agree with the 3-1 advantage but let's go at him one by one. What kind of criminals are you dudes?

2) On the rare occasion when the villian has the "good guy" caught (e.g. a gun to his head while he's standing with nothing) DON'T TRY AND BECLEVER BY GIVING SOME LONG *** SPEECH, you know he's thinking of something, just dead him and you win. Of course odds are if you're the bad guy yourclip is probably empty at this point or by some "miracle" the safety is on.

3) GOOD GUYS: Never, ever, ever, ever leave the criminal mastermind in a holding cell by himself with just one guard. Damn.

It wouldnt be a movie then

Then you would of been complaining about

" People in horror movies are Kitty Kat "

They make teens so easy to kill.

"hey, is anybody home? Billy? Hello? anybody there? Ok, I'm gonna get naked and take a shower"
who knows which Stand Up Comic is that?
nerd.gif

I thought I was the only one. I mean scary movies arent as scary as before anymore. They just get me so angry like YO THINK!!!!! >(

And if you have to live in a creepy place at least come prepared you know. Have a few guns or something just incase. Have your car fueled and ready to go.Something along those lines
smh.gif

If I was in a horror movie that $*+# would be over in the first 5 minutes deadass
justhotkicks wrote:

Word. If i was with 10 people, why would we all just all (organized of course) just bum rush the one guy. Provided that the murderer doesnt havelike a gun or a flame thrower or some $*+#

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Haha I know, if these dumb actions of the characters didn't exsist then, there wouldn't be "horror" movies but still some of the generic ones that have me just angered....

1) Total agreement on the investigating the Graveyard/Spooky House at night... C'mon fam, you can see better in the daylight.

2) When being chased by the killer, WHY THE HELL DO YOU RUN UP THE STAIRS? Hell jump out a window on your first floor and run like hell. A few scars on your arms and legs > Dead.

3) If I'm with a group of people in a shady place... NO, WE ARE NOT SPLITTING UP TO COVER MORE GROUND!!!

Hahaha now ya'll got me started; moving on to actions flicks:

1) Again I agree with the 3-1 advantage but let's go at him one by one. What kind of criminals are you dudes?

2) On the rare occasion when the villian has the "good guy" caught (e.g. a gun to his head while he's standing with nothing) DON'T TRY AND BE CLEVER BY GIVING SOME LONG *** SPEECH, you know he's thinking of something, just dead him and you win. Of course odds are if you're the bad guy your clip is probably empty at this point or by some "miracle" the safety is on.

3) GOOD GUYS: Never, ever, ever, ever leave the criminal mastermind in a holding cell by himself with just one guard. Damn.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL I was watching Max Payne, worst movie I've ever seen but it was free. Anyhow they finally caught dude and was about to murk him but the main bad guyinsisted on giving a long speech. The black dude that was with him was like "*****all that let's kill him". Me and my boy were dying cause thishappens a lot in action movies and finally someone was like forget tall that just kill him already.
laugh.gif

I'm watching 30 Days of Night
pimp.gif
.....the characters were as smart andprepared as can be considering their situation. No going off to investigate, no splitting up, they're sleeping in shifts....everything i would do in thatsituation.

PS. The vampires in this movie are terrifying
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom