People Who Have Been To Disney World

antidope

Supporter
What are some of the things I should be focused on doing? How are the lines? As bad as 6 flags? Eating at a theme park is a rip off so I probably won't be doing that.

The first question is what park are you going to? Magic Kingdom has the best rides but there are very interesting places to go in Orlando and if you are looking for good places to eat check the Urbanspoon.com orlando page . The lines can be pretty bad I'd say for the TOP rides you can wait at least an hour and a half if its a busy day. Get their early if you want to ride the rides thats when the wait is like 20-30 minutes.

Originally Posted by Antidope

What are some of the things I should be focused on doing? How are the lines? As bad as 6 flags? Eating at a theme park is a rip off so I probably won't be doing that.

You'll be standing in line anyways because you can only use fast passes at certain times.
For instance, if you get a fast pass for such and such you'll have to wait an hour or two to get a fast pass for such and such.
The lines are LONG, especially for their shows.
There are so many people there.
I was amazed by the sheer amount of people I saw.
It's worse than 6 flags.
You should try to go for 2 or 4 days so you can do what you want to do.

I went about 4-5 years ago so it was awhile a go but the food pricing isn't terrible there but i would highly recommend you eat somewhere off park cause pricing isn't that good lol. Lines are as expected long but not unbearable and you could always just get "fast passes" those help a lot and are free.  Also you checking out universal studios? If so you need to check out the NBA restaurant that place is 
pimp.gif

i went 2 summers ago get there early and the lines wont be long
grab fast passes everytime you walk by a ride and ride the rides you dont even care about while you wait on the fast pass
lines be long as hell later on so just wild out waiting all i did was take pics and act a fool
laugh.gif

most rides the lines arent as bad as 6flags only a few are worst

The key to the lines are to get to the park early and get a fast pass to the ride you really want to do as soon as you get there. Then you can hop on other rides and stroll right on in later. There is also the option for single riders on several rides which is another great option if you don't have to be with your group. You'll typically get done within about 2-3 minutes of each other, so it's not like you'll be waiting for another 15 minutes after the first person finishes.

I've been to both Disney World and Disney Land and there are both identical. Rides, lines, food. Lines are ridiculous depending on the day you go. Go during the week day you'll be good to go. Don't expect to ride some scary coaster that does loops and sharp turns...Small world boat ride is as good as it gets.

Are you going with children? I went with family. Don't forget these parks are geared and designed for children so don't think you're going to be experiencing Six Flags-type thrill. Despite this I enjoyed my vacation out there when I went like 6 years ago. Yes, the lines ARE #+!%$++ long (longer than Six Flags) especially for the good rides so I suggest you follow the recommendations that were given to you above. There's also single rider lines if you're in that situation. The dining experience at these parks were wonderful, at least to me it was with the assortment and themed environment. Food IS expensive whether dining-in or fast food so expect to spend that $$ because you will get hungry. If you're going to all the parks and making a vacation out of this then I suggest you look into the dining plans, its worth it, plus you'll feel like a boss eating at all these spots. I hope you get the opportunity to experience all the parks, and the rides I will recommend off the top are Rocking Roller coaster, Space Mountain, Everest, Tower of Terror, and Soarin' at Epcot. That's all I can say for now, enjoy all them hot biddies, prepare for long, hot, sweaty days, and lots of crying, and most importantly don't forget that this $%%% is for kids. Had to remind and check myself a few times.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

The first question is what park are you going to? Magic Kingdom has the best rides but there are very interesting places to go in Orlando and if you are looking for good places to eat check the Urbanspoon.com orlando page . The lines can be pretty bad I'd say for the TOP rides you can wait at least an hour and a half if its a busy day. Get their early if you want to ride the rides thats when the wait is like 20-30 minutes.

I disagree. Magic Kingdom is a rip off. It's basically a park you pay money for just to SPEND more money. There is more to look at there than to do. My suggestion OP is go to Islands of Adventure. There are more rides and more fun to be had there for your money. I been to Disney World as a kid and as an adult, and the last time I went Islands of Adventure was by far the best, it's like a Six Flags type of park. Have fun OP!

I personally think Disney World is pretty fun, but it's something you'd do with a female. Otherwise it'd probably be kinda meh.... There is a ton of stuff to see/do at all 4 of the parks they have, but not a lot of "thrill" rides if that is what you are looking for.

If you get fast passes, you can usually time things out so you don't wait in line too long.

It depends on when you go. Sometimes its busy . Other times is not. Epcot is the bast park imo.

Ive been to Disney too many times to count, here is what I recommend

-Go to the parks early in the morning, especially if you have kids. You dont wanna be at the parks in the middle of the day waiting an hour to 90 minutes to go on one ride in the heat.
-After going to the parks early, go for a swim. Most of the hotels have great pools.
-If you dont mind spending money try the buffets at some of the hotels. I always look foward to dinner because of this
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

-If your bringing kids take them to a character breakfast
-Most hotels have clubs where you can drop your kids off for the night where theyll be around a bunch of other kids for the night while you take your wife out on a nice date
-If you have a car, I suggest when going to some of the parks you valet park it at the hotel near by the park. For example if your going to Epcot you can valet park your car at the beach club or boardwalk and just walk over to Epcot. If your going to Magic kingdom you can valet park your car at Grandflouridian, or the contemporary and take the mono rail over.

the fireworks are worth the ticket alone. you'll feel like a kid again. the rides kind of suck but whatever, have fun.

If you don't have kids, go to an adult amusement park with actual thrill rides.

Disney land/world is for kids.

EPCOT is by far the best park, at least IMO. Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin are sick rides, and World Showcase has some of the best environmental theming (and Drinking Around the World).

Magic Kingdom has some classics, so it's an obligation. Space Mountain is a great ride. I can't say it's that great for adults tho

Hollywood Studios has some amazing thrill rides, Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster are both ill. New Star Wars ride. Some other pretty good rides.

Animal Kingdom is pretty weak, but Expedition Everest is one of my favorite coasters. Kilimanjaro Safaris is an obligation. DINOSAUR is just really loud and scary.

So that was my summary. I recommend staying on premise, because you get some benefits like extra time in the parks and of course the best service. I recommend the Yacht Club for it's location (5 minute walk to EPCOT is dope). Or stay in one of the resorts on the Magic Kingdom monorail line (Polynesian, Contemporary, Grand Floridian.) If that's out of your price range, I recommend Port Orleans Riverside for the moderate resorts.

USE FASTPASS. BUY THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE, IT'S THE BEST GUIDE AND IT TELLS YOU EVERYTHING. DOWNLOAD APPS FOR WAITS, MAPS, DINING AND HOURS.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

the fireworks are worth the ticket alone. you'll feel like a kid again. the rides kind of suck but whatever, have fun.

If you can, do the firework cruise out of the grandfloridian. Youll have the best view when they do the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Ive been to Disney too many times to count, here is what I recommend

-Go to the parks early in the morning, especially if you have kids. You dont wanna be at the parks in the middle of the day waiting an hour to 90 minutes to go on one ride in the heat.
-After going to the parks early, go for a swim. Most of the hotels have great pools.
-If you dont mind spending money try the buffets at some of the hotels. I always look foward to dinner because of this
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

-If your bringing kids take them to a character breakfast
-Most hotels have clubs where you can drop your kids off for the night where theyll be around a bunch of other kids for the night while you take your wife out on a nice date
-If you have a car, I suggest when going to some of the parks you valet park it at the hotel near by the park. For example if your going to Epcot you can valet park your car at the beach club or boardwalk and just walk over to Epcot. If your going to Magic kingdom you can valet park your car at Grandflouridian, or the contemporary and take the mono rail over.
Listen to this man.  He's also a vet I see.  
laugh.gif

Really tho, definitely look into the Unofficial Guide for some more guidance.  It's a huge book (but incredibly navigable) with literally everything you could want to know about WDW.

I didn't really get to enjoy Disney World when I went.The first day I only got to ride two rides in one part of Magic Kingdom. It was the space one and the buzz light year interactive ride. Both lines took a long !*% time , it was hot and humid, and the rides themselves were mediocre. When the parade started at night me and my family could not find a spot to enjoy it and when we did find a place we were kicked from their because we were "blocking the way". The ride back to the logging cabin was hot as hell and humid. But the cabins themselves were really nice and I enjoyed the Disney theme of it.

The second day we went to epcot . The rides were better but the "magical Disney" experience was definitely not present. We waited in line forever for the crash dummy ride. What a letdown. The whole ride I was expecting th "whoooa" but never got it . The mission space ride was pretty cool but way too short. The laser show at night was pretty awesome as well.

Overall I pretty much hated Disney world. Definitely not worth my money. That trip wasn't ruined since we drove to coast the next day and enjoyed the beach. Next time I go were definitely hitting up universal studios

I went for the first time a couple years ago when I was like 20...long lines, Orlando is hot, alotta females around( grown joints, milfs and all that), food everywhere don't worry bout the price you in Disney world...

overall it's a fun time, makes you kinda feel like a kid again with all that #@## goin on around you....
pimp.gif

Premium Annual Pass Holder.
smokin.gif

Been 4 times since the start of 2012.

Things to remember—

DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Florida has two seasons— "Really hot" (December and January), and "Hot as *#+#" (The rest of the year) in Central Florida.

GET THERE EARLY. This is the time to ride your big rides. Right before the park closes, first thing in the morning, and during fireworks are the times when the big rides will have the shortest line.

GET THERE EARLY. Yeah, I know I just posted that. Not early as in 10:30. Be there when the park opens. You won't be the only one, I can guarantee that.

DON'T TRY TO DO MORE THAN ONE PARK IN A DAY. You'll fail miserably and spend so much time traveling between parks that you'll blow precious time.

PLAN YOUR WEEK/DAYS. Certain parks are open later on certain days. Use that knowledge to go to those parks on the days they're open later.

EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE. That being said, If you bring some food and water, you shouldn't have to spend a dime. It's possible and I do it every time.
Stuntman Mike wrote:
eat the smoked turkey leg.

This is the best bang for the buck for food. It tastes awesome, it's plenty of food for one person (I'm 6'1", 220lbs), and you don't need to be sitting at a table to eat it.

FAST PASSES ARE VALUABLE. You can only have one Fast Pass at a time. I usually go to whatever big ride/attraction is most important to me first thing in the morning. If you work it out right/get there early enough, you can ride it twice before you have to wait in a line longer than ten minutes. That way, if the lines are too long later, you don't feel bad. Also realize that some rides will run out of Fast Passes for the DAY before noon. Rides like the Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Bug's Life, etc. will be done distributing Fast Passes early.

The night before you visit a park, get a map and decide where your priorities are. Keep in mind that lunch time there's usually a lull in the lines (i.e. eat lunch early/late so you can use that time) but it's also the hottest time of the day.
There are a few rides/shows in each park that are indoor that are PERFECT for mid-day resting off your feet.

IF YOU GO TO EPCOT— There's a ride with Ellen Degenres about energy, and it's about 35 minutes long. It's awesome. The other benefit is, it's rarely packed, it's dark, the benches are REALLY long, and it's COLD. THIS RIDE IS GOLDEN ON A HOT DAY. I went to Epcot last weekend. Pretty nice day, but after lunch, the fiancé and I went on this ride to LAY DOWN AND NAP. And it was awesome. (FWIW, I proposed at Magic Kingdom).

If you take 15 minutes to plan your day, you'll get everything done you wanted to without waiting in a line for longer than 30 minutes.

There's lots of great advice out there, but there's also lots of $$@*@% advice out there. Use your best judgement and logic.

Oh yeah— and wear comfortable walking shoes and bring an extra pair of socks. The extra socks sounds ridiculous, but you'll thank me when you get to put on a fresh dry pair of socks around 3pm.

P.S. Go to the Dollar Store and buy a goddamn poncho or twelve. PACK THEM EVERY DAY. It's Florida— we get surprise monsoons on an almost daily basis in the summer. Usually around 3PM. The poncho will be your key to success. While everyone else is in enormous lines in the shops paying $12/poncho you'll be RIDING RIDES WITH NO WAIT IN LINE. This sounds lame, but grab a plastic bag and when it starts pouring put it over your sock and then put your shoes on over that. It'll keep your feet dry, which will make a huge difference in how the rest of your day and/or week plays out.

That's enough for the thread, but PM me if you have any questions. Have fun!

Im actually driving there right now im in Tallahassee. Good looks NT

Back
Top Bottom