People who wear suits and/or nice shirts to work, do you dry clean your shirts ?

krayziegunts

Banned
The reason I ask is because I don't dry clean them simple because its expensive, but I notice a slight dip in quality. If I press them properly afterwardseverything is cool, but I was wondering if switching to dry clean all the time would make that much of a difference ? I am talking about the shirts only. Alsoone more thing would like to add I want to get some more nice FITTED shirts to buy, roughly within the $19-$29.99 range (yes, I am cheap), I have some Staffordfrom JC Penny and they fit me wonderful, but they don't have a nice variety of colors, any suggestions ?

Suits should be dry cleaned, but as rarely as possible. As for dress shirts, don't dry clean them, just ask them to wash/launder them. Unless they areblack, black shirts should be dry cleaned.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Suits should be dry cleaned, but as rarely as possible. As for dress shirts, don't dry clean them, just ask them to wash/launder them. Unless they are black, black shirts should be dry cleaned.

this advice is wise; take heed of these words.
Also one more thing would like to add I want to get some more nice FITTED shirts to buy, roughly within the $19-$29.99 range (yes, I am cheap), I have some Stafford from JC Penny and they fit me wonderful, but they don't have a nice variety of colors, any suggestions ?

Nah, you're not cheap. You shouldn't be paying more than $30 for a shirt. I really like IZOD. They're in that price range and are pretty goodquality, and come in all colors.

I try and have my dress shirts dry cleaned at least once a month. I cannot get the dirt around the collar out my own.

nice cheap fitted dress shirts u can find at express in a huge variety of colors

you guys know that they don't "dry clean" your dress shirts right?

they're laundering them just like you can at home.

the only difference is that they're starching and pressing them.

I got this nice Lacoste Polo for my birthday, and the pricetag was $70.. Me and myDad were
eek.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by vintagefits

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

wth is "pressing" ? something I can do at home?
I think it's like ironing with a heavy iron thats really hot

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Anywhere else to buy fitted dress shirts?

Nothing over $40 please.

Express has deals at times. There's several styles, I forget the name of the fitted ones so you can try a couple on.

I dry clean my suits, but with my dress shirts, I just wash them at home and iron them myself.

the hardest shirts for me to find are french cuff shirts...

sucks..and I hate ordering clothes online...especially dress shirts...since diff brands have so many different cuts.

the hardest shirts for me to find are french cuff shirts...

sucks..and I hate ordering clothes online...especially dress shirts...since diff brands have so many different cuts.

Ditto on the french cuff links. I have more cuff links than the shirts to use them on.
laugh.gif

I never order clothes online unless the deal is too good to let go and it can be easily returned at a local store, if need be. I also don't put any ofmy tops in the dryer because some of them shrink just to the point where it doesn't fit great anymore.

lol, what the heck does that have to do with the post ? anyhow, I feel as if French Cuff shirts don't look right unless you are wearing it withreally expensive tailor made suit. I have no use for them at this point in my life.

Originally Posted by raw120

brooks brothers ftw

Truth. The slim cut shirts are the real deal, and classy. But they will be considerably above the thread starter's budget. I'll try to think ofsome more inexpensive brands that still are decent quality.
As for the dry cleaner "washing" your shirt, I would advise you ask for no starch. Itwill prolong the life of your shirts.

The GAP man..that's where I get a good ehhh 70% of my dress clothes from..its fairly priced shirts with an expensive flair...express and h & m alsosell good clothes at a decent price..

As far as the french cuffed shirts I only own 2..same pair of cufflinks and I only wear them with suits..I hate the collar on french cuffed shirts though,Iprefer a straight collar personally...

The GAP man..that's where I get a good ehhh 70% of my dress clothes from..its fairly priced shirts with an expensive flair...express and h & m alsosell good clothes at a decent price..

As far as the french cuffed shirts I only own 2..same pair of cufflinks and I only wear them with suits..I hate the collar on french cuffed shirts though,Iprefer a straight collar personally...

Originally Posted by krayziegunts

lol, what the heck does that have to do with the post ? anyhow, I feel as if French Cuff shirts don't look right unless you are wearing it with really expensive tailor made suit. I have no use for them at this point in my life.

point is, that you're dropping money for a service that you can easily do yourself..
and French Cuff shirts are not just for "tailor madesuits"... you can rock them alone or with a "regular" suit....they look great

Back
Top Bottom