People with speaker/audio knowledge. HELP!

So I just got a TV and need a Blu-ray player. I also need some speakers for my room for basically listening to music through my laptop but having a speaker system for my tv would be nice. Trying to decide between the following two:

A 2.1 speaker system:

OR

A 5.1 with Blu-ray player and everything

I know basically nothing about speakers so which one would ya'll suggest? Would the 5.1 work with my laptop/iPod hook up? Having surround sound for movies and stuff would be nice but I'm wondering if this would be ok to hook up a music player/laptop to? I need some music for pre-funks and stuff 
laugh.gif

k thanks

Go with the 5.1 + Blu-ray, but buy a amplifier so the speakers will have more power, Those blu-ray build in amps, just will not do the trick.

I have the 2.1 system but only for a computer playback system. I would really use the as a home theater deal. The 5.1 would work with your laptop and everything you need. However if you're not in need of 5.1 I would suggest getting a receiver capable of 7.1 and purchase left and right speakers and maybe a sub if you can afford it and start building a custom system. You get more flexibility and bang for you buck that way.

Originally Posted by JackieBoy

Found this: http://reviews.cnet.com/best-av-receivers/

My dad bought an expensive Yamaha amp/av/stereo-receiver w/e back in the 80s. We're still using it and it works great and sound quality isn't bad.
Good looks but I don't really have that much money lol college student FTL
If I get the 5.1 as it is, would that be alright? Is another amp necessary? btw I'm in an apartment so I don't need the music EXTREMELY loud

Well if you don't have that much space, you don't need the amp..

When you get a bigger aparment you can buy the amp
smile.gif

The amp doesnt affect the sound quality that much.. In a small room I mean.

Back
Top Bottom