People You Sorta Knew That Died

So a couple of hours ago, I found out that a dude from my school who just graduated this past semester got shot in the face and died over in Hyde Park. I hadonly talked to him a couple times, but from what I could tell he was a pretty cool dude and didn't deserve this even though he was known to occasionallyclaim 60s (whether or not he was actually from 6 0 I don't know.) The issue is I didn't even know dude that well but I still feel sad that he'sgone now...I'm not really crying or whatever, just a little bummed but more than I think I should be
tired.gif

Anyone else go through this?

yea my friend little brother past away 1 month after he graduated I talk to him a couple of time but not much but it is sad to see someone loose thier lifejust like that.

Yeah, I've been in the same position. I guess it is natural to feel down even if you didn't know the person too well.

A friend of a friend of mine died and I felt the same way. I don't think I've even had a conversation with him. Just the occasional head-nod or"yo".

I think the fact that the person is close to your age is what hits hardest. You never expect it.

YO!

A dude came by my job last Tuesday and spoke to one of the homies working with me. Thursday homie says "you remember that guy who came in here and wastalking to me? He got killed that night. Somebody shot him."

Joint still has me a bit shaken. I didn't know homie like that but to think, he was a walking dead man when I saw him.
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
tired.gif

DF!!!

When my brother was in 8th grade, (He's 19 and in college now) his best friend got into a fight with this dude at the movies. They went outside to fightand when he swung, he tripped, fell, and bust his head on the curb. When they rushed him to the hospital, his mother was there and asked him a question. Sheasked him "What year is it?" He responded, " 1818" His mom decided to pull the plug on him. I talked to him,maybe twice. I never reallyknew him. It was a hard loss for my brother, though.

Yeah when I was in 10th grade it was a friend of mines cousin had just moved to our city. He seemed like a cool kid always cracking jokes and everything. Thenlike two weeks later we get a call right before basketball practice that he had killed himself. You never know whats going on behind the scenes in someoneslife.

My Sophomore year I sat a couple seats away from a dude that committed suicide. When I found out I was shook.

well...I knew his face, but apparently a dude from my school got robbed and killed and gunpoint over in Ft. Worth
smh.gif
I ain't really know him like butdam...graduated and everything and now he's dead.

RIP to you friend...this girl i knew in High School just passed away last week her wake is this week but i have to work, 25 and heart attack she was a big girltho, RIP

death is sad, but its a part of life, and its the only thing I cry over anymore. Last time i cried over anything other than death was 4th grade, when i bustedmy head open lol

but I hate that feelin u get when somebody dies or something like that, but when I just see someone get killed or i hear about someone I didnt know, I dontreally feel anything

death is a horrible feeling, i get that shake in my gut n i just blank out, dont even cry about it anymore, ive had four friends die in the last six or sevenmonths, 2 to suicide, one to lung cancer and one to a drug overdose (might be suicide still investigating supposedly) sad thing is i worked with all four ofthese dudes and to see them die here at home and not overseas really sucks.
tired.gif

A friend of mine passed his and my Senior year of HS, I was shook when I saw it all of FB during class. I was almost in tears, just thinking of when I wasplaying ball with him the summer before. He had the biggest heart.

Guy who was in the 6th grade with me was found dead in a lake the end of our 8th grade year. Didn't really know him all that well but the next year I hadbiology with his older sister and it was kinda weird.

We had this memorial plaque on our school building outside near the gym of some kid who went to the elementary school and had died coming home from Disneyworld or something like that. Imagine walking by that for 5 years straight.

But the worst was a friend's brother. Really sad/horrible case.

There is nothing wrong with feeling compassion for life.
Just found out today that one of my cousins is now facing serious jail time
for robbing a man.
Another starving brother lost in the system.
Sad thing is my mom and rest of the fam now have to take on the task
of telling his father (who is also imprisioned) the news.
The fact that he had a son in the outside world was one of the main reasons he decided
to "hang on" and become a better man while imprisoned.
Now there is a possibility that both of them may end up in the same jail.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GTEK

There is nothing wrong with feeling compassion for life.
thats how i feel, i feel weird when someone i know but wasnt close to died...havent had to deal with it much.....my eyes watered up Bodie gotkilled on the Wire, yeah i know its fictional, but i felt close to his character...

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

well...I knew his face, but apparently a dude from my school got robbed and killed and gunpoint over in Ft. Worth
smh.gif
I ain't really know him like but dam...graduated and everything and now he's dead.
wats his name, im from ft.worth and these stories are all too fimiliar

RIP

I've been through with classmates before. A cat named Ramadan died in a car crash coming back from U of I some years back. He was good people. I thinkit's especially tough when young folks die.

Freshman year of high school...

Some kid that sat next to me in history class died in his sleep only like a week into the school year. Nobody really knew him yet because nobody really kneweach other. It was a very weird feeling going the rest of the year with an empty desk next to me.

I'm sorry man. I know how it is. 3 people that I went to high school with are dead now. One died sophomore year, he a friend of mine. It's hard tothink about playing basketball and dodgeball with him, then knowing he's not here anymore. Another one died in a car crash earlier this summer, and one inIraq.

There's some other kids I'll never see again that might as well be dead. 1 kid I went to high school with went to prison for life his senior year
smh.gif
Another friend who I'd chilled with a few times is in his 2nd year of a 5year stint, he almost got hit with life too, but was let off easy.

Back
Top Bottom