performace fabrics question

Does anyone know a lot about performance fabrics? I've been doing research on the trends and advancements in moisture wicking fabrics such as Nike Dri-FIT, Adidas CLIMACOOL and Under Armour and I can't seem to find a good resource on the development process and the the companies at the forefront of this technology. I'm wondering if Nike and Adidas are developing these fabric themselves or buying or licensing them from third party chemical or fabric producers. When a company like Puma enters the market, were do they find their fabric?

If anyone has any reading material or could shed some light on this industry, please let me know. Thanks NT
smokin.gif

Man if Wal-Mart has these now in their own house lines there HAS to be a 3rd party doing the legwork, R&D, etc.

the tech's always been there, only Nike DRI Fit broke through first (?) on the power of their advertising budget & promo reach...

UnderArmour isn't bad (overpriced as hell though)

Almost every athletic company out there has a "moisture wicking" line... I have some from New Balance, Asics, Nike of course, UA, And1, etc.

I'd suggest emailing them to ask for a promo pkg or any ad material to start your process; most everything is sourced/spun/woven offshore or from US based materials...

Good luck, seeing as it is textiles you might want to hit up other companies such as DuPont, 3M, Eddie Bauer, Lands End, L.L. Bean, Columbia would have some places/people they could lead you to...

Back
Top Bottom