Performance Review: Nike Air Max LeBron VII

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Too much cushion imo. Zoom Air is perfect for Lebron. Hopefully they go back to Zoom on the next model

too much cushioning??.... wow thats the first time i heard that.

^^Very true. After a few wears these feel perfect. Cushion is just right for me and i'm a gaurd type.

these things felt extremely firm. they had no give at all. i was expecting it to be like the air max 2009 or at least the original air max 360 bb.

^They felt the same way to me when I tried them on the other day. I was very disappointed with the lack of cushioning.

first wear. i couldnt get myself to spend 160 to find out if they would soften up lol.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^Is that from the first wear or after several wears??
I'm basing it on first wear and walking around in them at the store. I like cushioning that I could feel right off the bat. I'm assumingthese VII's definitely need a break-period, which isn't acceptable to me if I were to pay $160 for them.

Too much cushion imo. Zoom Air is perfect for Lebron. Hopefully they go back to Zoom on the next model

... how the in the hell do you think you know what's perfect for Bron? This maybe one of the stupidest things I've ever read about a signature shoe.I'm pretty sure he's involved in the development process and the switch to a max air cushioning is probably something he at the very least agreed on atsome point. So why you think YOU know what's perfect for another man's feet is beyond me. Bonus point: Just go buy another Nike shoe. If you're sodesperate for a zoom shoe with a Bron logo, get out the scissors.

LOL.... well said. double stacked zoom may not be enough cushioning for him ( a 270lbs person) as opposed to an average person. So maybe thats why he isventuring out to air max.

a comment on sizing.

i wear a size 10 in almost everything (9.5 in 2k4s, zk1).

I just got my pair of ZLvii, and i got them in a 9.5 rather than my normal 10. Fit great, still have plenty of room at the toe. In my opinion, a 9.5 ZLvii fitslike a 10 in most other nikes...so consider going down a half size from your normal.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

... how the in the hell do you think you know what's perfect for Bron? This maybe one of the stupidest things I've ever read about a signature shoe. I'm pretty sure he's involved in the development process and the switch to a max air cushioning is probably something he at the very least agreed on at some point. So why you think YOU know what's perfect for another man's feet is beyond me. Bonus point: Just go buy another Nike shoe. If you're so desperate for a zoom shoe with a Bron logo, get out the scissors.
Relax and fall back dude. I know shoes. I didn't bash the VII but Full length zoom air > Air max anyday. Just go ask any serious hoopersthat know about shoes. Even Lebron said he like Zoom Air during the VI interview with Kicks magazine. Nike decided to take a new route with the Lebron linethis time and introduce the Air max because their Air Max technology for their basketball line is not as popular as before. Lebron is a versatile player thatcan play from the 1 to 5 spot so that give Nike a lot of designing option for his shoes. They can get him Lunar foam if they want to. But Bringing back Air Maxonto a flagship line like the Lebron line is definitely a marketing strategy. If the Air Max Lebron VII sells then most likely the Lebron VIII will have AirMax again. If the VII flop , then i can guarantee you that Zoom Air will return on the next model. As far as Lebron, Zoom air is good enough for his body type,weight and style of play

Do you even play basketball or just a kid who collect shoes because of what's in ?
indifferent.gif

Well, actually, to clear all of this up, Max IS better for LeBron right now for one main reason- protection. The new airbag offers a level of engineeredprotection over the entire footstrike that zoom in its current configuration cannot offer. LeBron most definitely loves the new setup, otherwise hewouldn't wear it. Zoom has its place, and will be used when necessary, it is a great technology, but the cushioning it provides is vastly different thanair max. Zoom has benefits max does not, and max has benefits that zoom does not, so they should be utilized in ways that serve the athlete's needs best inany given situation. Nike always innovates and looks for better solutions for its athletes, no way it would be on the floor if it wasnt player tested andapproved...

Thanks for dropping through Jason, and clearing things up.

Nike doesn't strike me as one to sacrifice the needs/wants of the player for marketing purposes... I'm sure if LeBron said "no" to Max orwanted Zoom, then Max wouldn't be in the shoe.

Originally Posted by ALPHAPROJECT

Well, actually, to clear all of this up, Max IS better for LeBron right now for one main reason- protection. The new airbag offers a level of engineered protection over the entire footstrike that zoom in its current configuration cannot offer. LeBron most definitely loves the new setup, otherwise he wouldn't wear it. Zoom has its place, and will be used when necessary, it is a great technology, but the cushioning it provides is vastly different than air max. Zoom has benefits max does not, and max has benefits that zoom does not, so they should be utilized in ways that serve the athlete's needs best in any given situation. Nike always innovates and looks for better solutions for its athletes, no way it would be on the floor if it wasnt player tested and approved...
@KenJi714 - see? Nice work backpedaling and making it about serious hoopers, but that wasn't what you said. What you said was Zoom is perfectfor Bron. And seeing as how you've never met the man, let alone designed a shoe for him, I called you out. Then ALPHAPROJECT came and said the exact samething. That makes you completely wrong.

Do I even play basketball?
eek.gif
Fall back your own self, thinking I'msome collector. Here's how IN I'm trying to be - I've never bought a Jordan shoe or a Bron shoe. I didn't get any pairs of Kobe IV. I don'twear AF1s or Dunks. That sound like a collector to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by ALPHAPROJECT

Well, actually, to clear all of this up, Max IS better for LeBron right now for one main reason- protection. The new airbag offers a level of engineered protection over the entire footstrike that zoom in its current configuration cannot offer. LeBron most definitely loves the new setup, otherwise he wouldn't wear it. Zoom has its place, and will be used when necessary, it is a great technology, but the cushioning it provides is vastly different than air max. Zoom has benefits max does not, and max has benefits that zoom does not, so they should be utilized in ways that serve the athlete's needs best in any given situation. Nike always innovates and looks for better solutions for its athletes, no way it would be on the floor if it wasnt player tested and approved...
@KenJi714 - see? Nice work backpedaling and making it about serious hoopers, but that wasn't what you said. What you said was Zoom is perfect for Bron. And seeing as how you've never met the man, let alone designed a shoe for him, I called you out. Then ALPHAPROJECT came and said the exact same thing. That makes you completely wrong.

Do I even play basketball?
eek.gif
Fall back your own self, thinking I'm some collector. Here's how IN I'm trying to be - I've never bought a Jordan shoe or a Bron shoe. I didn't get any pairs of Kobe IV. I don't wear AF1s or Dunks. That sound like a collector to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I highly doubted Lebron choose Max over Zoom although aguy 260 lbs like him won't feel much of a different moving from full zoom to Max. I still stick with my opinion that full length or double stack Zoom isperfect for Lebron. Quote me if you want . If the VIII have full length max again then i'm wrong but if the VIII return with Zoom Air then i'm right.Nike has the upperhand when it come to selling their shoes too. As for as Zombie Jesus. You don't need to buy af1, dunks or jordan to be a collector
laugh.gif
. And since you said you never bought a pair of Bron, that basicallycancel all your opinions/knowledge about the Bron line
laugh.gif

^bruh, im sorry but your opinion doesnt make any sense affter Alpha just came in and told us that Lebron agreed to wear air max AND he loves it. Why would youstill think double stacked is perfect for him, on top of that....... hes looking for protection (sounds like impact protection) as of now. Dont get me wrongdouble stacked is great, but it doesnt offer as much impact protection as air max. And as a 260+ guy that frequently has his head rim-level, hes going to needall the impact protection hes gonna need cause that requires alot of force into the ground to be able to do that. Your joints will definitely take a tollduring a 80+ game season, plus the playoffs. So i wouldnt say its too much cushioning for that man.

I heard these were a bit stiff right out of the box....anyone break these in yet?

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^bruh, im sorry but your opinion doesnt make any sense affter Alpha just came in and told us that Lebron agreed to wear air max AND he loves it. Why would you still think double stacked is perfect for him, on top of that....... hes looking for protection (sounds like impact protection) as of now. Dont get me wrong double stacked is great, but it doesnt offer as much impact protection as air max. And as a 260+ guy that frequently has his head rim-level, hes going to need all the impact protection hes gonna need cause that requires alot of force into the ground to be able to do that. Your joints will definitely take a toll during a 80+ game season, plus the playoffs. So i wouldnt say its too much cushioning for that man.
Word, LeBron tears up his shoes, even with the double stacked VIs.
I forgot the numbers, but this Nike guy i know said that LeBron's actual Air Pocket on his shoe is made much thicker than the GR and people already say itsstiff.

LeBron is a very big guy, i personally think Air Max is better for him since the more weight he puts on his shoes, the more impact his shoes are going toabsorb.
And like someone said previously before, Nike will not make a shoe that the athlete goes against, especially their Poster boy LeBron.
I won't be surprised to see Air Max back for the VIIIs.

Does anyone know definitively if the midsole on the the LB VII is Phylon or Cushlon? I've heard/seen inconsistent information on this particular fact. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom