Performance Socks?

i3

Fellas, what kind of socks do you guys recommend whilst engaging in a sport/exercise?

My socks %%@%@$#$!+$$% slip everywhere and I end up having to constantly take of the shoe and tie it again. Also hate double socking as the two socks neverform a mutual understanding.
mad.gif

On a related note, does anyone remember that guy who wanted to dress exactly like Jordan? He would make a thread asking what kind of elbow bands he wore, andthen make another thread asking what socks he wore. He would then vehemently deny that he was trying to dress like him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

after finding a few random pairs with arch-support elastic around the middle of your foot, all other socks feel inferior. they definitely stay put, even thelow show/no show ones. found a whole bulk set of 24 pairs of no name white no show arch-support socks on ebay for mad cheap.

thorlos work pretty well for bball, if you like heavy padding or are prone to get blisters. they take a few wears to get used to though.

whenever i see socks that say "shoe size 6-12" i stay away. i usually try to get size 6-9 if i can find them because i'll take the chance atslightly tight socks over poor fitting socks that bunch up inside your shoes

Originally Posted by verynecessary

after finding a few random pairs with arch-support elastic around the middle of your foot, all other socks feel inferior. they definitely stay put, even the low show/no show ones. found a whole bulk set of 24 pairs of no name white no show arch-support socks on ebay for mad cheap.

Completely agree. Was looking for some new quarter-lengths (i find lows slip no matter what) and ended up picking up some And 1 arch-support elastic typescheap. Ended up with 5 pairs for like 25 australian (20 US), nice and thick which is good for my completely calloused feet.

after finding a few random pairs with arch-support elastic around the middle of your foot, all other socks feel inferior. they definitely stay put, even the low show/no show ones. found a whole bulk set of 24 pairs of no name white no show arch-support socks on ebay for mad cheap.

thorlos work pretty well for bball, if you like heavy padding or are prone to get blisters. they take a few wears to get used to though.

whenever i see socks that say "shoe size 6-12" i stay away. i usually try to get size 6-9 if i can find them because i'll take the chance at slightly tight socks over poor fitting socks that bunch up inside your shoes
yeah I forgot to mention, the Nike Moisture Managements do have the arch support band

whenever i see socks that say "shoe size 6-12" i stay away. i usually try to get size 6-9 if i can find them because i'll take the chance at slightly tight socks over poor fitting socks that bunch up inside your shoes
Yeah, I've been doing that for a while too.

I'm a 10 so there's no way that something that fits 8-13 is going to be right on me. That's just a sales ploy. I always try and get a brand that doa choice of sizes - and often get the 6-9 or whatever rather than the 10-14 - I'd rather have my socks snug than loose - and they always stretch a littleafter a few wears.

I'm about to get some 1000 mile socks for a 26 mile sponsored walk I'm doing in a few weeks. Heard good things about them - but they're definitelynot cheap. They do athletic versions too.

http://www.1000-mile-socks.com/

I will try those Nike Moisture ones.. im sick of socks bunching up and !$+@, it gets *$+*+!+ annoying.

I use these Head socks from Costco. They're pretty thick, doesn't slip, and cushiony to the max. A pack of 6 is only $12-14. I gave up on Nikeproducts when it comes to running department.
socks.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

I use these Head socks from Costco. They're pretty thick, doesn't slip, and cushiony to the max. A pack of 6 is only $12-14. I gave up on Nike products when it comes to running department.
socks.jpg

I like getting Head

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

No NBA socks?
eek.gif

GOAT. Period.
pimp.gif

But $10 a sock?
mad.gif
They are great, but pretty pricey like you mentioned. That's why I switched to the Head joints I posted up. Nearly identical.

Back
Top Bottom