Peter Rosenberg says Jay-Z is riding Kanye West's Coattails & gets checked by Jay

Close thread, this post is too on point

Ppl get mad at hov cause they are tired of seeing the same guy on top, and I understand sometimes it can get boring, but when you mastered the craft of making music its pretty hard to get dethroned, no pun intended

Nah, Jay is boring. Lyrics are practically uninspired.

If anything the Jay-Z/Rocafella co-sign meant more to Kanye, because it gave him fans that wouldn't have given him a chance.

If Kanye wasn't around...who would be on top?

If Shaq wasn't around, would Kobe have won?

Oh yeah...he won without him

Nicki would be fine
Wayne would be fine

The only difference is someone like Drake or Kendrick might not be given a chance, because Kanye opened the door for the every man rapper.

Nah, Jay is boring. Lyrics are practically uninspired.

You listen to the song with Jay Elec.

Why he dumbs down his lyrics...most people wouldn't even understand a lot of stuff he's saying

Last edited:
What I meant was, who do you guys think would be the top guy?, would Jay still be relevant?

If anything the Jay-Z/Rocafella co-sign meant more to Kanye, because it gave him fans that wouldn't have given him a chance.

Nicki would be fine
Wayne would be fine

The only difference is someone like Drake or Kendrick might not be given a chance, because Kanye opened the door for the every man rapper.

Why he dumbs down his lyrics...most people wouldn't even understand a lot of stuff he's saying

Hence why out of EVERYTHING that was said in the song people are gassing the scolding he gave Drake. Some people are really convinced that rappers/Writers are the same thing. Jay is a Writer, every verse is analyzed and thought about to make sense.

The the same man who spent an entire hour perfecting how to say one singular word on RD. to say his lyrics are uninspired is ridiculous.

What I meant was, who do you guys think would be the top guy?, would Jay still be relevant?

Jay and Kanye aren't in the same lane.

Kanye opened the door for Drake, Kendrick, Kid Cudi, Lupe, Schoolboy...

Those are the only rappers I see might not being around.

They might be underground or not around at all.

A lot of it is about timing. Like if Little Brother came out after Kanye I think they would have gained more success. Instead they just gained respect and underground acclaim.

The mainstream wasn't as open to the underground before Kanye. Before to be a rapper, and be mainstream you had to fit a certain stereotype. Kanye when he first started was essentially an underground rapper with a co-sign. Just like that co-sign helped Lupe.

Hence why out of EVERYTHING that was said in the song people are gassing the scolding he gave Drake. Some people are really convinced that rappers/Writers are the same thing. Jay is a Writer, every verse is analyzed and thought about to make sense.

The the same man who spent an entire hour perfecting how to say one singular word on RD. to say his lyrics are uninspired is ridiculous.

Exactly

Last edited:
Music and sports debate really bring the groupie out in grown men ..defending and throwing a cape on for a person who doesn't care whether you live or die

Well let's take a better look at that champ.  Here's what we do know, we do know that before Jay even knew who Kanye was Jay was relevant; FACT.  Before Jay knew who Kanye was he was already a platinum selling rapper with hit songs; FACT.  Before Kanye knew Jay, Kanye was getting evicted from his apartment and struggling to put his bed from IKEA together; FACT.  You add up all those factors champ and it's quite clear to draw the conclusion that Jay would still be relevant with or without the so called "assistance" of Kanye.  Facts only. 

Now champ, I want this message above to sink in real good to you and the rest of the Kanye enthusiasts out there.  From this day forth, you can no longer act oblivious to these points.  As the saying goes if you knew better..........you'd do post better. 

Nicki would be fine
Wayne would be fine

I mean of course he can still spit, but he's inconsistent to me.

Kanyes the highest digital selling male artist ever. Jay uses gimmicks to give his album sales...so...?

Kanyes the highest digital selling male artist ever. Jay uses gimmicks to give his album sales...so...?

And if Lady Gaga was the highest female digital artist that means?

What gimmicks does Jay-Z use? The Samsung deal? I thought that was a wise business decision, heck he sold an additional million in despite of that.

Last edited:
I mean dude was up there talking bout platinum sales and ikea beds I just thought I should mention

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeezus (Kanyes most hated album) went platinum too...NOOO promotion.

Wasn't this ***** struggling to sell out shows on his last tour?

Digital?

We going to act like Jay wasn't selling millions of physical copies before that digital **** started?

C'mon bruh. Stop that **** before you even start.

Yea, the same digital format that Jay Z used (MCHG) to boost his sales...stop it with your one sided argument

Google is your friend...do you guys not know anything? Lol it's online for you to see

I mean dude was up there talking bout playinum sales and ikea beds I just thought I should mention
You appear to be a bit frazzled and all over the place champ.  Calm down, it's okay.  What you believed to be true before simply isn't.  We all have been the before, just some (mostly Kanye enthusiasts) more so than others. 

Back
Top Bottom