Petition to Get the Gov't to Forgive Student Loans vol. Stimulate the Economy!!

Young people (18-26) lead the nation is unemployment. Not that it means anything, just saying.

smh.gif

I really think this whole idea of financial "stimulus" and "releaf" is one of the worse things you can do to the country. Degrades us on somany levels when you really think about it... If you're poor and always looking for help elsewhere, you'll probably always be poor.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Does this have anything to do with private student loans?

That's where all the debt is accrued.
most people have mixed student loan debts, because I know Staffords didn't cover everything for my roommate.

It's absurd how we're burdening the youth. The price of education is outrageous and saddling people with that kind of debt right out the gate is ridiculous.

In a year when I graduate i'm going to be $210,000 in debt.

LA CRETAAA!!!

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Cost is a factor when deciding which school to attend. You could have chosen to go to a public university. Sure, you still would have been in debt, but not $210K.

well put

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I just got this invite on Facebook and it's got me thinking...

Instead of giving hundreds of billions of our tax dollars to financial institutions in the hopes of a mythical trickle down, why doesn't the government invest in its citizens by forgiving outstanding student loans? The middle class is saddled in student debt and this will free up plenty of money to kick start our economy.

WE HAVE SURPASSED 40,000 SIGNATURES AND THE PETITION IS ON ITS WAY TO THE PRESIDENT!

We have kept the petition open and have set a new goal of 50,000 signatures. So, please sign and spread the word.

Sign the petition here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Real-Economic-Stimulus-Forgive-Student-Loans
Facebook Page

I read a figure somewhere that all the money given in the bank bailout that bought the bad loans would have paid off 90 percent of the country's outstanding mortgages which then would have freed people up to spend again. Student loans and higher ed. should be the next thing reformed.

you are beyond a tool

lmao. learn some basic economics before you call consumer spending and the fiscal multiplier a "mythical trickle down effect". honestly. if i didntknow anything about car engines, i wouldnt be giving you automotive advice now would I? no no, thatd be stupid.

Anyone know what happened with this? I checked my loans today and there was nothing matching their records. I'm gonna call tomorrow and find out what happened. It almost looks like I don't have the loan anymore, like it's gone.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Cost is a factor when deciding which school to attend. You could have chosen to go to a public university. Sure, you still would have been in debt, but not $210K.

well put
Not really.  Public law schools, especially in California, are usually Tier 1 which are much more difficult to get into.  We're flooded with private law schools with crazy high tuition and mediocre Bar passage rates.

Originally Posted by truthmain

well put
Not really.  Public law schools, especially in California, are usually Tier 1 which are much more difficult to get into.  We're flooded with private law schools with crazy high tuition and mediocre Bar passage rates.
I didn't even know there was such a thing as "public" law schools. 

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by truthmain

well put
I didn't even know there was such a thing as "public" law schools. 
Law schools tied to public universities, i.e. Boalt School of Law (University of California Berkeley).

^Of course. I thought people were insinuating that these "public" law schools offered tuition breaks for in-state residents. I just couldn't believe that was the case.

seriously ur student loan is virtually interest free
maybe a grant should be provided for people who does extremely well but for people who are failing and still !%@+# about loans then u need to grow up

Im currently at 230 thousand in debt.......If i dont make six figures soon I am going to fake my death real talk
laugh.gif

Medschool and law school debt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

Did we make the right choice 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Im with the OP we need to find a way to erase this crap!!

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Im currently at 230 thousand in debt.......If i dont make six figures soon I am going to fake my death real talk
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

erase what you chose to do?  Did you not realize what you were getting into?
and I just did a loan calculation for you with a rate of 5.5%

you are looking about $1,300 a month for 30 years

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by SlimK4

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

erase what you chose to do?  Did you not realize what you were getting into?
and I just did a loan calculation for you with a rate of 5.5%

you are looking about $1,300 a month for 30 years
Well student loans are what we all chose to do, just in different amounts for the type of profession. 
My professional track has me being an Internist in 3 years, so that would put me in the 200k a year club before taxes so I think if I manage wisely, 1300 a month wont be too bad...

Why is it the people with the highest loans are the ones saying the govt needs to forgive em? hmmmmmmmm...............

Doesnt matter if the petition gets 40 million sigs, still isnt gonna happen.
Thats just retarted that lazy ppl dont want to pay back what they took out.

Back
Top Bottom