PHANTOM BIBLICAL PASSAGES?

antonlavey

Banned

t1larg_adameve_ts.jpg

Satan tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden right? Nope. That's one of many phantom passages that people think are in the Bible.

June 5th, 2011

01:00 AM ET

[img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/icons/btn_close.gif[/img][h6]Share this on:[/h6]

Facebook

Twitter

Digg

del.icio.us

reddit

MySpace

StumbleUpon

Comments (6,594 comments)
[h1]Actually, that's not in the Bible[/h1]
By John Blake, CNN

(CNN) – NFL legend Mike Ditka was giving a news conference one day after being fired as the coach of the Chicago Bears when he decided to quote the Bible.

“Scripture tells you that all things shall pass,

t1larg_adameve_ts.jpg

Satan tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden right? Nope. That's one of many phantom passages that people think are in the Bible.

June 5th, 2011

01:00 AM ET

[img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/icons/btn_close.gif[/img][h6]Share this on:[/h6]

Facebook

Twitter

Digg

del.icio.us

reddit

MySpace

StumbleUpon

Comments (6,594 comments)
[h1]Actually, that's not in the Bible[/h1]
By John Blake, CNN

(CNN) – NFL legend Mike Ditka was giving a news conference one day after being fired as the coach of the Chicago Bears when he decided to quote the Bible.

“Scripture tells you that all things shall pass,

I knew most of those weren't, but I probably read it more then most people on here
laugh.gif

I knew most of those weren't, but I probably read it more then most people on here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kramer

laugh.gif

I know I've used that "God helps those who help themselves" line many times. I'm a fool.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I know I've used that "God helps those who help themselves" line many times. I'm a fool.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

My mom uses it too. Never said it was from a verse though, so I just figured it was a saying....which it is

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

My mom uses it too. Never said it was from a verse though, so I just figured it was a saying....which it is

Alot of christians wouldnt dare call themselves christian if they read the bible and knew the strict interpretations of being a true christian. Their lifestyle would negate it.

Alot of christians wouldnt dare call themselves christian if they read the bible and knew the strict interpretations of being a true christian. Their lifestyle would negate it.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yea, I guess I assumed it had to be from the bible seeing how people aren't supposed to put words in God's mouth so to speak.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yea, I guess I assumed it had to be from the bible seeing how people aren't supposed to put words in God's mouth so to speak.

Originally Posted by Wr

Yeah obviously it's impossible to follow every law in the Bible

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This will probably never happen but I really want to have a discussion with you on what you believe n stuff because I feel what you've heard from christians about it isn't always the best answers

Originally Posted by Wr

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This will probably never happen but I really want to have a discussion with you on what you believe n stuff because I feel what you've heard from christians about it isn't always the best answers

Originally Posted by Wr

Yes, even Paul points that out in Romans multiple times and Jesus said the same during his ministry.  The laws given by Moses were to point out that people could not get to heaven by "doing" anything.  It was only through God's grace that salvation comes.  All we are asked to do is love God with all our heart and treat our neighbors as we treat ourselves.

Originally Posted by Wr

Yes, even Paul points that out in Romans multiple times and Jesus said the same during his ministry.  The laws given by Moses were to point out that people could not get to heaven by "doing" anything.  It was only through God's grace that salvation comes.  All we are asked to do is love God with all our heart and treat our neighbors as we treat ourselves.

Its impossible because the bibles cites laws for different ages, places, and groups of ppl. If you're trying to follow the bible completely you're a a schizophrenic, ortrying to develope it

Back
Top Bottom