Phil Knight

Why would he address the killing over Jordan's at a memorial for Joe Paterno? It wasn't an open forum for people to say what they pleased.

Whats with these dudes like AKA LONGCHOKE trying to be deep on NT when they really are not that deep ...

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

your Anti Nike but your on Niketalk 
nerd.gif

Yes....I am here on Nike Talk. Yet that does not make me a Nike Talker any more than an atheist walking into a church, then becoming a believer.

WTH
laugh.gif
Right, I am not a Niketalker. First and foremost, I identify with my humanity. With this thread, this is what I am calling in to question, the humanity of Phil Knight.
If not his humanity, then it is a question of ethics. 

Does he have any?

Seems not. 

Kids are molested by the assistant coach of one of your heroes, and he does not act with authority. It also just so happens that this is a Nike endorsed school.

So is Phil Knight about doing what's right? Or simply what is right for Nike and their shareholders?

Phil Knight has never made his position on the violence associated with his product publicly known. He has never appeared on the news, then has never addressed it in the manner that is needed. In his speech for Paterno, he never mentions feeling for the victims of Sandusky's actions, all he said is that the investigation failed, not Paterno's lack of action.
This was a pep rally for one of his endorsers, nothing more, nothing less. 

Phil Knight has never shown genuine regard for anything other than Nike, and then those associated with the swoosh.

I think the real issue is the human rights issues concerning Nike/Jordan Brand. Nike has had some of the worst human/worker rights issues of any corporation in the past 30 years. The violence surrounding Jordan releases isn't as bad the human rights issue since people generally go Grand Theft Auto/Manhunt only when certain shoes, like the XIs, drop. It's fair to use hypocrisy card on Phil since the righteous indignation that he brought to JoePa's funeral is nowhere to be found when the bottom line is concerned. 

Did you see Steve Job making any comments towards people robbing others for their apple produtcs? Or Gates when people got their xbox stolen durimg a home invasion? When you can find a CEO speaking out against this type of topic then make another thread.

laugh.gif
 @ the backlash.
this is Niketalk, this is a good topic/thread.

I don't care to follow sports, or the politics of sports enough to know about the hypocrisy, but it is strange that a CEO would take such a stance.

I can see Phil’s point. I mean, Phil Knight knows about the deplorable working conditions in Nike’s 3rd world sweat shops, the use of child labor and abuse of the employees in these plants. He’s passed word on to the governments of the countries where his sweat shops are located about the allegations. What more could you want the man to do? (legally) He and Paterno are saints who cannot be blamed for either the rape of young children nor forcing young children to work for nothing making shoes because they did everything that is legally required of them and are too great of men to be bothered by any vague sense of moral obligations that are clearly below their stature. Don’t let the unpleasantness of moral ambiguity tarnish the Legacy of either of these great men whose contribution to human civilization whether it be building a good football team or making a quality shoe is far more important then the minor negatives of kids being raped or turned into slaves.

sbnation comment

You're not gonna find anyone to sympathize on this issue with you. We're on niketalk brah. 
laugh.gif

philly dont give a damn

but he's addressing a dead scumbag who looks the other way while a grown man is playing with boys 

business is business and Phil Knight dont wanna mess up his business

First off to address the dying over Nikes there'd be much more impact if sports stars namely Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, etc. made a statement about that not the CEO.

I don't see what this man says at JoePa's funeral has to do with ppl killing each over sneakers. Don't see how he's hypocritical. Even at the most basest level you can simply say he's at funeral of a friend he cared for and doesn't particularly care about each and every individual dying over sneakers.

I dont understand how some of you guys find that Nike is at fault for all the violence around release dates; is it expected that they send out security teams to every single retailer in the world thats selling their product? Sucks to say that a large percentage of people that want these December releases for example dont have the moral fiber of the average individual.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Phil Knight has never shown genuine regard for anything other than Nike, and then those associated with the swoosh.

How about cancer?

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/knights_to_give_record_100_mil.htm
Great gift, but that is nothing but propaganda. That is publicity for Nike, unlike actually standing up and saying the killing for Nike shoes is wrong.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

you want them to put security out for every releasse and walk people home? gee hmm maybe people shouldnt be so ignorant and value material things to the point there willing to do 25-to life.

Originally Posted by airedweezy

Great gift, but that is nothing but propaganda. That is publicity for Nike, unlike actually standing up and saying the killing for Nike shoes is wrong.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

you want them to put security out for every releasse and walk people home? gee hmm maybe people shouldnt be so ignorant and value material things to the point there willing to do 25-to life.

seriously this dude said 100 million donation to a cancer institute is propaganda. seriously get the hell outta here with that kind of nonsense...
son rather have him say killing for SHOES is wrong than donate 100 million to cancer... EVERYONE knows killing for shoes is wrong

the hate for nike has made this man lose it lol

Materialsm causes violence everywhere. While it would be nice if he and all CEOs behind major brands said something, nothing would change. Those words wont deter people from killing for sneakers, cars, money, drugs, etc etc.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

You're usually reasonable with your Nike hate... 
no actually he is not 
laugh.gif
 he has not nor will he ever be reasonable about his anti nike agenda. his hate for nike is very hypocritical and childish and he always goofs up in his arguments about it. if he were reasonable he wouldnt have been banned over 10 times for the same subject matter 
laugh.gif

This is like his fourth attempt in a month on pushing the "people get killed over nikes" agenda he has chose this time around. its always something.

from endorsed athletes to performance to cost to charities to racism to style to injuries and now to getting killed over shoes and phil knight not bringing up the molested children at joe paterno's funeral. hes always tried to find a reason to make nike look like bad people in hopes of people stop liking nike.

like its been stated before in the other threads people been getting killed over shoes since the 80's. in california dudes use to get killed for their chucks by gang bangers. Anything that is hot criminals will want to rob you for. It dont matter what brand... dudes use to get got for reebok pumps...
Makes sense now.

* Exits thread

People get killed over
- oil
- religion
- skin color
- race
- cellphones
- iPhones
- cars
- money
- drugs
- women
- longstanding family feuds
- drunken arguments
- gang war
- neighborhood war
- cooperating with the police
- fighting the police
- going to war to serve their country
- fighting a country invading their country
- attempting to stop a robbery
- attempting to stop a mugging
- attempting to stop a fist fight
- greed
- jealously

And you think it's Phil Knight's job to address that these same morons fight over sneakers?

Back
Top Bottom