*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

was more than that.. had 3 quality offensive minds in Doug, reich and flip

was the same thing that happened with Andy when teams started picking off his coaches and then Jim died

but we were able to cover for a subpar wr coach in groh, because we had 2 vet WRs who stayed healthy to go along with those 3 doing the heavy lifting on O and covering for the subpar

I feel Alshon lost some passion winning that ring. He was a big part of Wentz having an MVP season alongside Ertz. Obviously Agholor played well also but Alshon demanded so much defensive attention that it allowed Agholor to do work. I get Alshon isn’t playing 100% healthy but he had a shoulder injury majority of that season and still produced and balled hard. This season you see too many replays where he’s just giving up on passes if they’re even 5% off

I could see that.. cause remember alshon was big with organizing the celebrations as a team and he was big on focus the few times we heard from him in the media

but now, I believe because of the injuries and drops he’s deflecting and everyone thinks it’s him running to ole girl

but I think we’ll be better off when him and peters are in other capacities and they don’t have themselves involved with it

Foles played the 2 games of his life in the NFCCG and the SB ...I’ll always be thankful of him for that.

But besides those games and the Texans game last year he was mostly trash. Off the top of my head i remember how bad he was in that Oakland game and those 2 Atlanta games

Foles played the 2 games of his life in the NFCCG and the SB ...I’ll always be thankful of him for that.

But besides those games and the Texans game last year he was mostly trash. Off the top of my head i remember how bad he was in that Oakland game and those 2 Atlanta games
And that Dallas game

Yup.. dude was great in that Viking game and super bowl and he deserves all time status with us for it

but folks need to be practical.. also gotta realize the power we have as a fan base, because dudes literally get careers out of gas lighting us

I still like lisp as our Alshon replacement. Dude needs the snaps and reps. Will he be elite? Probably not but he will be more than serviceable imo

Rookie year i get it. But i aint seen it yet. Dam near all his catches are off broken plays. Where he coming back to the qb. Rarely initially open

Rookie year i get it. But i aint seen it yet. Dam near all his catches are off broken plays. Where he coming back to the qb. Rarely initially open

what's his face from ESPN.. the former lions QB.. he pointed out 2 examples of just poor route running

like on that 4th down play, where dude sits.. and then last min he's hopes for zero reason

or dude has an in cut in that same game, where he has the CB beat.. but instead of making a sharp cut and giving wentz a window.. he takes a poor angle allowing the CB to then play him and the ball

That’s all on coaching for not correcting it.....

i mean after the fact.. well i lie, coaching should be preaching that stuff to him in practice and all that

but that sorta stuff is kinda instinctive.. you dont set up, show your hands and then move.. and with the other one you're just running to the open space and away from the defender, who you already created space from

i mean after the fact.. well i lie, coaching should be preaching that stuff to him in practice and all that

but that sorta stuff is kinda instinctive.. you dont set up, show your hands and then move.. and with the other one you're just running to the open space and away from the defender, who you already created space from
Guys can develop bad habits based on coaching. Some guys are just bad (ie Hollins and Agholor). I feel like JJ is the former but needs some fine tuning. We don’t have the right coach working with him (Groh ain’t a OC but a good WR coach)

Guys can develop bad habits based on coaching. Some guys are just bad (ie Hollins and Agholor). I feel like JJ is the former but needs some fine tuning. We don’t have the right coach working with him (Groh ain’t a OC but a good WR coach)

yea.. i dont even groh that much credit.. i mean the one year our WRs were good, we had alshon and torrey as the outside guys who were both vets.. plus we had both flip and reich to go along with doug on the offensive side

and even though he was with alshon early, alshon had a different WR coach his rookie year.. and they also had brandon marshall to coach guys up

if alshon is really out chere being a douche.. that means JJ has to go to groh and i got zero faith in that

I can legit see a scenario where Jim is back next year. I think Groh is gone no matter what ..but i think it’s going to take a 6-10 type season for Doug to get him out the paint

While I think Jim’s stubbornness is part of the problem on game day

I think he’s also an issue just for the team on a whole, I think he has the same agent as mike Lombardi.. and remember all the shhh he was going on about the team

just think all these little things add up to where you got people undermining each other.. and it works when folks are buying in like super bowl year

but I think peters, alshon and Schwartz are the types that can make a bad situation worse before they really look at their roles in things

Listening to some sports radio this week, I hate this whole "Superbowl hangover" people have been saying for two years now. I'm just not seeing it and it's old. But I guess they get paid to talk and that's an easy well to keep going back to.

Back
Top Bottom