Phoenix (The French Band) Appreciation

Originally Posted by psk2310

What up Ham City. Check out The Virgins. They released their debut around the time Phoenix released Wolfgang. Those were two bands had some of my favorite rock releases at that time. 

Thanks man bout to check them out. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

What up Ham City. Check out The Virgins. They released their debut around the time Phoenix released Wolfgang. Those were two bands had some of my favorite rock releases at that time. 
Thanks man bout to check them out. 

I first saw them open for Sonic Youth.  If you check 'em out on youtube, my favorite tracks from them are She's Expensive, Teen Lovers, Rich Girls, & Hey Hey Girl...Let me know what you think.

Back to Phoenix though, great band live. Check them out if they come back around. Not sure if they will still have him, but the drummer they had the last go around was off the hook. He was so into every song. Elbows were flying everywhere...Can't wait till they drop their next release...

Can you or anybody else recommend any other good pop rock bands you like? 
Two Door Cinema Club
Foals
Ra Ra Riot
The Naked And Famous
Cut Copy

Had to bump this real quick to say thank you to awwsome and the rest of you guys for putting me on.
Been listening to Untitled and Wolfgang Amadeus A LOT the past week. 

Too Young, Fences, Lasso are my favorite songs today but that seems to change with each play through. 

Gonna let these two albums marinate for a couple more days before delving into the rest of their discography. 

pimp.gif

hugebird wrote:
One of the few really good pop rock bands doing it right now. Fun music that is undeniable. Last time I saw them was 2009 with Passion Pit. I did a few hits of acid and had one of the most fun experiences of my life.
Idk if Foster the People are considered indie rock but I love their Torches album from last year. 

These bands aren't for everyone but I've enjoyed listening to Rooney since high school. And The Kooks are one of my favorite bands

of montreal is another good popish band to check out

heard this song and immediately thought of phoenix

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

of montreal is another good popish band to check out

heard this song and immediately thought of phoenix
oM is THE BEST. They don't really remind me of anyone because they are straight up unique. One of my favorite bands of all time and they are amazing live (if you aren't a homophobe
laugh.gif
)

"We Were Born the Mutants Again With Leafling" is perfection.

Wanted to post this earlier but didn't find it until now. Although it's in French, Lablogotheque has a nice site & Vimeo page of acoustic performances of groups like Phoenix, Fleet Foxes, & Bon Iver....

I think it might be a minute until their new release. The singer is married to Sofia Coppola & I think they just had a child or another child.

This is the trailer for a doc From a Mess to the Masses that was supposed to come out. In fact it was available to watch on Vimeo for a minute but it was taken down. I'd get this on DVD if it was available...

Surprisingly, their remix album of "Wolfgang Amadeus" is pretty good, as well. Normally remix albums blow, but I liked that one. But yeah, "Wolfgang Amadeus" got a spins from me. So catchy. Everything else was hit or miss to me, but still decent. I'm gonna have to revisit their discography soon.

Wanted to post this earlier but didn't find it until now. Although it's in French, Lablogotheque has a nice site & Vimeo page of acoustic performances of groups like Phoenix, Fleet Foxes, & Bon Iver....

I think it might be a minute until their new release. The singer is married to Sofia Coppola & I think they just had a child or another child.

thank you sooooooooooooooo much for reminding me about them

pimp.gif

Man I still owe @awwsome  thanks for starting this thread. If I hadn't seen this years ago I would have never discovered these guys. 

Fences might be one of my favorite songs ever recorded.

Yall ever have a song that just kind of perfectly captures your current existence and present life experience? For me it's Fences at this current moment in my life. Song is just perfect. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom