Phone Plans, AT&T -> TMobile...

Here is my situation. I want to switch over to the TMobile "even more plus $39.99, 500mins +unlimited text" (no contract) but I was not sure if using my iphone would make them charge me more...I was wondering if any of you NTer's that have unlocked iphones have any input.  I am paying way too much for a cell phone that I barely use (minutes-wise) and I just want to get the cheapest plan possible with unlimited text.
I am currently with AT&T under the cheapest iphone plan with a discount.  (3g, 8gig, no contract)

Thanks,

what my boy did was he went to t-mobile and activated an old school t-mobile phone, got the 39.99 plan like you said, and then put the $10 internet plan..then we just popped the sim-card into the unlocked iPhone. Granted you won't get 3G speeds with T-Mobile, you can just get EDGE but he's saving mad money compared to me bec. I'm with AT&T.. our bill difference is like $30, and I dont got unlimited text, I got 1500 text with the 450 minutes plan and $30 for internet...

tmobile doesnt care if you're on an iPhone, they will not charge you extra or whatever

if you have an iphone, they will gladly help you out

however, do not sign up for their smart phone data plan which is like $25, i think you can get the regular data plan for like $10 a month

Yup, they don't care.

Actually this threads reminded me of last month when I went to pay the bill. I added a new line for $5. And they pulled up my contract on the screen, and there it showed everything, how many minutes we used, texts, international minutes... and right along of it, it showed the phone we're using. My mom uses the iPhone and I saw that it said iPhone by her name, and I was like "
tired.gif
damn I got GOT" I thought they were gonna say something.

Girl already knew why I was acting so weird... she was like "
laugh.gif
it's okay, it happens all the time, it's a great phone, we don't care... you're contracted by us anyway
tongue.gif
"

Can anyone confirm the $10 mobile web option? I heard that they phased it out for the iPhone and only the 25 option is available? Im on tmobile right now with an iPhone paying 64.98 a month for unlimited text and web with 500 minutes. Saving some more would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Can anyone confirm the $10 mobile web option? I heard that they phased it out for the iPhone and only the 25 option is available? Im on tmobile right now with an iPhone paying 64.98 a month for unlimited text and web with 500 minutes. Saving some more would be greatly appreciated!

i havent been with tmobile since dec.

just switch your sim card to a razr or crappy phone that isnt a smart phone

tell them you want the cheapest data plan to check sports scores etc from time to time or something, then it should be $10, paying 25 a month for edge is a RIPOFF

okay good stuff, i am going to get the "Even more plus plan for 39.99; 500 minutes + unlimited texting" too bad they won't give discounts unless I have a contract...

i got 30 on tmobile (sidekick plan unlimited data) 2g iphone

and 30 on AT&T ( gradnfathered plan from suncom unlimited minutes) 3g iphone...

The only reason I have the tmobile sim in the 2g is because I was told that even with the 3g phone I would only get 2g speeds ....is that right NT??

--I work for T-Mobile. I activate people bringing in unlocked, jailbroken iPhones at least once a day.
--The plus plans are unbeatable right now. Especially if you have your own phone to bring in.

Its a gift and a curse all depending on how much 3G you use. The average consumer uses about 200-300MB a month which would be 15 a month. Plus you recieve free WiFi. Even ppl like myself who uses around 1-2GB a month it will be 25 a month. The tethering charges kinda suck but, jailbroken iPhones user know you can recieve this for free, plus there is an app that you can use text for free as well.

NT I need help!!! Ok Im on a family plan with my girl. She has the sk plan etc we share 700 min. and i have the mytouch plan. I just got an iphone what plan is the cheapest to get??
grin.gif
grin.gif

i got an HD2...

unlocked it...

and put my sim in...

change some settings...

and i get 3g speeds... you should try that...

btw....

500 min for $30

web2go for $10

unlimited text for $10...

$50 bucks...i had to get off the iphone cuz i was gettin the SLOWEST edge speeds..

now i can get 3g...

the phone has to be unlocked, though...

laptopchart-original.jpg

I just dont see why save 5 or 10 bucks to get half the speed/half the coverage.

Originally Posted by Hennessy co

okay good stuff, i am going to get the "Even more plus plan for 39.99; 500 minutes + unlimited texting" too bad they won't give discounts unless I have a contract...

Still add the discount. You wont get anything off every month but it will still waive your activation fee.
And LDJ that chart is either inaccurate or outdated. 

go to mobilespeedtest.com on your phone and check a t-mobile phone. you'll be surprised. 

blackngold1z wrote:
Hennessy co wrote:

Still add the discount. You wont get anything off every month but it will still waive your activation fee.

go to mobilespeedtest.com on your phone and check a t-mobile phone. you'll be surprised. 

Its from PCWorld as of May 24, 2010.

[h1]AT&T 3G Speed The Fastest According to PC World[/h1]
by Chris Ullrich, May 24, 2010 // 3:00 PM

Seeing as how I use AT&T daily in Los Angeles and find the 3G service to be spotty and occasionally non-existant, I have a bit of a hard time believing that AT&T’s 3G network speed is actually the fastest. However, based on a recent study conducted by PC World, that seems to be the case.

The study, a collaboration between PC World and wireless analysis firm Novarum, took place from February 2010 to March 2010, and compares the four major U.S. wireless carriers (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile) in Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Denver, New Orleans, New York City, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, and Seattle on both mobile phones and laptop data cards

Highlights of the study include:

• AT&T: average download speed 1410 Kbps, average upload speed 773 Kbps

• Sprint: average download speed 795 Kbps, average upload speed 396 Kbps

• T-Mobile: average download speed 868 Kbps, average upload speed 311 Kbps

• Verizon: average download speed 877 Kbps, average upload speed 434 Kbps

• Using notebook computers with a built-in or external 3G card, AT&T had the fastest download speed in 11 of the 13 cities, and the fastest upload speed in all 13 cities.

• For smartphones, AT&T had the fastest download speeds in nine of the 13 cities, and the fastest upload speed in all 13 cities.

• The AT&T-iPhone pairing had the fastest download and upload speeds, although its reliability slightly trailed the T-Mobile-G1 combination, which posted the highest figures

So unless things changed iuno within 7 days, then this article isnt exactly outdated. What i think not saying you personally is alot of ppl either just trying to be different, or simply cant afford at&t service post and claim how much faster or better their retrospective service is better. But im gonna go with PC World as they are a well established, world reknown reputable company.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Good looks man.  I'm thinking about trading for a blackberry bold 9700.  The phone would still work without the internet option correct?  I know you have to get the internet+data plan with TMobile if using a smart phone...

actual field tests > mobilespeedtest.com

That chart is right.

Also the new plan is just fine for me. The entire time I've had my 3GS (little under a year) I've sent 488 MB and received 4.1 GB. They're offering 2GB a month for less than what I'm paying for a 5GB monthly data cap that I'm barely close to amassing after 11 months. Where's the problem?

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

actual field tests > mobilespeedtest.com

That chart is right.

Exactly because field test are just that, they are true depiction of usage as they are tested by actually traveling various areas throughout major cities and using the service. Same way i tell ppl att has better service based on true field test. What most other companies do is find specific areas they know their retrospective service is great(usually near their cell tower) then bost about how well the service is.

Hoodwinking the masses ftw. Actually it isnt because its common sense. Att bought most of the towers from the bell company(with the merger,) and they have been around longer then any provider. So more towers/closer towers=better coverage. Pretty basic logic actually.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Its a gift and a curse all depending on how much 3G you use. The average consumer uses about 200-300MB a month which would be 15 a month. Plus you recieve free WiFi. Even ppl like myself who uses around 1-2GB a month it will be 25 a month. The tethering charges kinda suck but, jailbroken iPhones user know you can recieve this for free, plus there is an app that you can use text for free as well.
I was pretty mad at this since I use 1-2GB but I guess it's something I can deal with. I just hope they having something where you can check how much you used like checking how many minutes you used via text.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by LDJ

I was pretty mad at this since I use 1-2GB but I guess it's something I can deal with. I just hope they having something where you can check how much you used like checking how many minutes you used via text.

It tells you on the bill,it says it on the phone, and there is a number i think 611 that u can call that tells u. It sounds like alot of u guys must be teens and parents pay ur bill, or married/have a old lady and they handle all the bills. Cause i cannot phathom paying a bill month after month after month without knowing what exactly what i was being charged and why.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by LDJ

It tells you on the bill,it says it on the phone, and there is a number i think 611 that u can call that tells u. It sounds like alot of u guys must be teens and parents pay ur bill, or married/have a old lady and they handle all the bills. Cause i cannot phathom paying a bill month after month after month without knowing what exactly what i was being charged and why.
I think 611 is customer service. I check my bill online and remind my dad to pay it when I'm away at school. But it would be a nice feature to have.

Back
Top Bottom