PHONEBLOKS concept.

Excellent idea in theory, I love it actually, it's nifty and honest. The only problem is, large companies aren't honest. They make billions because of the people that trash a phone and buy another one. I hope it takes off honestly, although I know the apple fanboys will nit pick and find reasons to bash.

Edit: I knew Phone Rings would be mentioned in here somewhere :lol:

Last edited:
is it possible to just swap out pieces like that on a phone? looks like a pain in the *** to engineer

so something similar to customizable computers ? essentially this is what the concept is?

great design and form factor. The only way it would be successful is if the majors adopted this sustainable strategy. But as stated earlier, their model is to build a device at a price were you would buy a new one over repairing it. As a consumer, you have restricted access to your phone so it would take also re educating the public on a new way of interacting with the device.

It would be great for hobbyist and I wish phones were designed this way in the first place. I think totally modded mobile devices have been a dream just a corner a way for decades now. This could save the industry giving them another source of revenue making 3rd party hardware, but the software and the proprietary nature of apps would slow the industry down too much

nice idea.....but think its a head of its time. Maybe in 10-15 years this can really work. So many people are brand loyal right now, would be a little hard right now.

Wouldn't this just create a universal phone, as far as design goes? Its a great concept and all, but if everyone has the same phone, looks wise, then it'd be kind of boring. Unless they have other designs in mind

nice idea.....but think its a head of its time. Maybe in 10-15 years this can really work. So many people are brand loyal right now, would be a little hard right now.

My thoughts exactly people would discredit it for the dumbest reasons.

Wouldn't this just create a universal phone, as far as design goes? Its a great concept and all, but if everyone has the same phone, looks wise, then it'd be kind of boring. Unless they have other designs in mind

the design possibilities for this could be ENDLESS the shape may stay common but as far as the blocks themselves i dont see how it wouldn't work people could essentially put whatever they want on those blocks

it can be done. to make everyone's phone unique, there can be companies that manufacture casings only. just like how pc's are. (could be a bad idea though cus then that cud mean more waste :s ) but yeah, i like this idea. phones can get cheaper and much faster and better.

Just thought about this but how would this go over with people who aren't really tech savvy? it may be too much for them.

If they mad smartphone motherboards modular like the PC is, this could work. Marketing to everyday comsumers would be a mistake. i the geeks an hobbyist develop a community first, this could really be something great.

All our fisrt gen smart phones would become obsolete. This sustainable model would have someone caarrying the same mobile device for 5+ years just swapping out parts. I really don't see how people can afford iphones every year and not have a laptop, or desktop when they are cheaper and more useful.

If you've ever attempted to change the screen on an iphone and you look at all the parts, you will see how crappy and cheap of a device it is and you might feel like a fool for paying so much for it.

Last edited:
If they mad smartphone motherboards modular like the PC is, this could work. Marketing to everyday comsumers would be a mistake. i the geeks an hobbyist develop a community first, this could really be something great.

All our fisrt gen smart phones would become obsolete. This sustainable model would have someone caarrying the same mobile device for 5+ years just swapping out parts. I really don't see how people can afford iphones every year and not have a laptop, or desktop when they are cheaper and more useful.

If you've ever attempted to change the screen on an iphone and you look at all the parts, you will see how crappy and cheap of a device it is and you might feel like a fool for paying so much for it.

apparently iphones only cost 3-5$ to make smfh

Back
Top Bottom