photoshop tips thread

velasco820

Banned
sry if there is already a thread like this

but i juss got photoshop and i suck, help me out. show me how to make my pictures look cooooooooooooooooooool

umm the thing that everyone does. when they make just one thing in color and everything else in black and white. =)

how do i make templates for sneakers?? im trying to make some but i dont know how...
Duke Blue Devils: JJ Redick for PrezPhiladelphia 76ers: Allen Iverson for MVPDenver Nuggets: Carmelo Anthony for co-MVPAtlanta Falcons: Michael Vick for MVPVirginia Tech Hokies: best ACC footbal team

Quote:
umm the thing that everyone does. when they make just one thing in color and everything else in black and white. =)

Okay, that's easy. I kept it simple so hopefully everyone can understand no matter their experience.

1. Open your image.

k9c9x4.jpg

2. Duplicate the image on a new layer (right click on the original layer and an option is to copy layer). You can see on the right that there are now two images the same on different layers.

k9c9z6.jpg

3. Use your tool of choice to isolate what you want in color - you can use the magic wand etc. I use a layer mask as it is very flexible and reversible if you make a mistake. You can see now that on this layer all we have is Dennis. It's a bit rough as I just did it quickly to show how to do it.

k9caj7.jpg

4. Go back to the original layer now and make it black and white by image>adjustments>desaturate.

k9cc8x.jpg

Should look like this:

k9cchw.jpg

5. Now go back to your color layer and show it (click the little thing next to the layer that looks like an eye - if you can see the eye it is shown).

Should look like this.

k9ccn9.jpg

Hope that helps. It can be a nice effect - not actually great on the image I used because there wasn't much color in it. Would have been better if Dennis had been wearing the away jersey.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

What tips could you give to spruce up an average picture in photoshop such as a group pic, family pic, personal pic etc...
"All nationalities like me.
I'm Young Black Tall Hot how can you stop that.
I'm a sexually attractive to all women."

thanks kd wallace. um any one no how to clone your self. like take the same pic in difrent pos and put allof the pos in one picture. whats the layer mask tool?
WANTED in size 8 and 8.5​
Air Garnett 96-97, Shimizu's Dunk Hi, Tony Parker DunkHi, Air Max 96,Air pippen 1 black/white colorway.

Can someone give tips on vectoring? And what photoshop should I use..

Also, I need help on cloning. Like for a WDYWT post.

Quote:
um any one no how to clone your self. like take the same pic in difrent pos and put allof the pos in one picture.

That's more down to the photogaphy. A tripod and a self timer are all you need. Both pictures (or how many you take) will be the same except you will be in a different place. Basically put both pictures on different layers and delete the bit that covers you in the top layer - then you'll see through to the other one.

I don't have any examples of that though. You'd need to take some photos with the camera in the same position.

Here's a quicky on correcting a photo - not so much making it look better but fixing a poorly taken photo.

This isn't my family by the way. I just found it on Google. It's a terrible picture.

1. You can see that it's kind of washed out.

k9f58k.jpg

2. Go to image>adjustments>levels

k9f59u.jpg

3. You can see that the graph is kind of skewed to the right in this case (if it's dark it will be to the left).

k9f692.jpg

4. You can see that by moving the sliders to the edge of the peaks it makes the picture a lot better (still an awful picture though).

k9f6g1.jpg

5. I would probably crop it a bit too. In fact, I would have taken the picture a bit better in the first place.

k9f6tw.jpg

[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

Okay, cloning.

Rough example again.

1. Open both the identical pictures in the same image. (basically open one and then drag the others onto the workspace and they will be pasted in separate layers -or you can just paste them the usual way I suppose).

This is my son in m filthy house.

k9g6yx.jpg

k9g743.jpg

2. I used a layer mask again - more on those in a minute - to delete what I didn't want to see on the main image. You can see the shape of the mask in the little square on the layer tab.

This gives you basically the end product. It's not perfect - you can see the skirting ripple beside his right leg in the left image - I didn't actually use a tripod - just held the camera on my knee and tried to stay still.

k9g76r.jpg

thanks. i use the lasso tool and jut copy it on to a new layer. i would like to know how to use the layer mask if its not to much trouble

Air Garnett 96-97, Shimizu's Dunk Hi, Tony Parker DunkHi, Air Max 96,Air pippen 1 black/white colorway.

Okay, layer masks then. This is one of the things you really need to get the hang of - makes a lot of things much easier.

1. I'm using the original Rodman picture again.

k9gi2q.jpg

2. Add a layer mask to the image - go to the tab at the bottom of the layers palette. You can see it says 'add layer mask' there - it doesn't show my mouse pointer though. Just hover over the icons and it will show you which one it is - it's the square with the circle in the middle.

k9gjo4.jpg

3. You can now see that there is a white box next to the little image in the layers palette. This is the mask.

k9gkd2.jpg

4. Basically with a mask you paint out the bits you don't want to see with black - you're not actually painting the image - just the mask (as long as there is a little blue border around the layer mask and not the layer).

k9gkle.jpg

5. The great thing with layers is that if you make a mistake - here I've slipped and wiped out his body - you can fix it.

k9gl54.jpg

6. All you do to correct it is to change the brush to white and paint back over it. This removes the part that you masked by mistake.

k9gmtu.jpg

You have to make sure you are painting in totally black or totally white or it doesn't make a total mask - kind of like having a brush of low opacity.

Great tool though. Practise with it and it will be your friend.

I'm using a laptop right now and it's not ideal but a mouse is okay. For detailed stuff I have a graphics tablet which is great - lots of fine control. It's best to zoom in and change the size of brush you use too.

Another nice effect is leaving only one color but making the rest black and white.

You can do that by masking things but it would be tricky. An easier way is to select a color range.

1. My two boys this time. Not a great picture (not mine) but it has a little color in it.

k9gzll.jpg

2. Go to select>color range

k9gzo7.jpg

3. Use the dropper tool (which will come up automatically) to select the color you want to keep.

k9gzye.jpg

4. You'll have marching ants around what you have selected. I often use the magic wand to tody it up a bit.

k9h0mp.jpg

5. Invert the selection and desaturate.

k9h0ye.jpg

k9hlkm.jpg

6. Finished product.

k9hlr4.jpg

It's more interesting when you have a bold color and it stands out more.

Quote:
for some reason when i draw on the image it doesnt change it doesnt go onto that plad look
do you kno why

You're probably showing more than one image - if you look carefully at the picture where he is surrounded by grey it is the only layer that is shown at that time. This means that the background shows through.

If you don't do that then you'll see the layer underneath - if it's a duplicate it won't look any different.

hey i see on the one with rodman you have it on layer 1 and it doesnt show background. when it is on background you cant add a layer mask. how do you get it to layer one from the start. also how do you change the format i trying to host a pic i PS.

^ that's easy. Just double click on the layer called background and it will convert it to layer 1 (or whatever you want to call it - it gives you options).

Then just save it as a jpeg and you can host it - just go to save as and it will give you options. If you want to edit it again in the future you'll need to save the original PS file too though.

im so slow but i think i got da 1st 1 down
k9jswh.jpg

k9jt75.jpg

how do u get rid of the getty image thing like they did with the nas n jay pic
Visualizin the realism of life and actuality
who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenters

^ that's not bad - just needs some of the edges tidied up.

Quote:
how do u get rid of the getty image thing like they did with the nas n jay pic

That's difficult with those logo's (which is why they do it like that).

This helps though:

1. start by selecting the faded part - the magic wand works quite well for that.

k9sy35.jpg

2.Open the levels tab like I said before:

k9sydf.jpg

3. Have a play with the levels and you'll see the faded part match the main picture better.

k9syg4.jpg

4. After that just use the clone stamp to cover the edges.

I haven't done that yet in this picture. (I also haven't done most of the faded part - pretty obvious).

k9sz0k.jpg

i try to do the mask thing but it wount let me because my layer is locked.. how do i unlock it?

^double click on it.

(although I like to leave the background as a safety net and duplicate it and work on that - the duplicate will already be unlocked).

Back
Top Bottom