photoshop tips thread

Just did this for someone on NT and discovered a good effect.

I cut him out with a layer mask and basically dumped it on top of the shoe. It always looks a bit funny like that so I added a shadow to kind of match the shadow of the shoe.

Basically I duplicated the layer with the layer mask and filled it with black. I moved it down and to the right a little and reduced the opacity of the layer so it was grey. Then I went to filter>blur>gaussian blur and fiddled with the settings to get this soft edge.

I thought it worked pretty well. Useful if you are adding someone to a scene - makes it look more real. You could also rotate or skew the shadow to any angle you need.

rhv406.jpg

[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

My question for you is there a way to crop a photo to the exact dimensions I want? Like a way to make a predetermined area and move it arouund the photo and then crop the selected area? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

^ just drag the original picture onto the other one so you will have the 2 pictures on separate layers. Then mask off the bits you don't want to see - in this case the living room furniture etc. - and then reposition and resize until it looks how you want it.

Kind of like cloning - see the first couple of pages - but you don't have to match anything up.
[/b]"As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English domination. It is in truth not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour that we are fighting, but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." Arbroath, 1320.

how do you make pictures look like this?
I seen these pics posted around NT...
rr82di.jpg

489729818_l.gif

"I'm not lookin at you dudes, I'm lookin past ya" - Jay-Z

J2O.

r74xds

Did you LASSO the shoes, and place it on a WHITE BACKGROUND? Like how did you get that effect?

HELP!

I took some pictures at HIN yesterday w/ my friends digital camera, only thing is, he had it on the highest resolution, so the pics came out grainy. I resize them and it help alil, but not enough, is there anyway to (I guess) sharpen or make less/non grainy the photos?

Sup_

What I actually did was use the Magic Wand Tool and got as much as I could.

Then I entered Masking Mode and zoomed in on the areas that were not covered
or colored. I prefer using this method to get everything precise. Kinda hard to
explain over the internet but if you want him up. I can show you how to do it.

As for LoveForTheAir23_ those are called scanlines.

www.moesrealm.com/photoshop/scanline.html

Peace.
"...I find a place in my heart for this hip-hop.....And pump blood through my vein my skin get hot
I take you very serious and make you write more.....If I don't celebrate I got nothing to fight for
I'm tight raw, excite y'all like nightfall.....I'm tight y'all, I walk the street like y'all..."[h2]Get your realize._skullCREST Tee! HERE! or Email me @ [/h2]realize.designs@gmail.com

not my pic but I want to be able to do this in PS CS2 or Illustrator CS2, can someone help.
134373876.jpg

You gotta make It do what It do, Baby!

^^^ wait what the hell do you want to do with it?
LOGAN EST. 2006
AND RUNNIN THE BAY TILL '09
MEMBER #1 [/center]

Sup_
Raadius:
I took some pictures at HIN yesterday w/ my friends digital camera, only thing is, he had it on the highest resolution, so the pics came out grainy. I resize them and it help alil, but not enough, is there anyway to (I guess) sharpen or make less/non grainy the photos?

If you took the pictures in a high resolution it shouldnt of came out
grainy. When you resize it, it should of been crisp and clear. Are
you sure you are viewing it at 100%?

Markell3000_ your best bet is vectoring that in Illustrator. It is a lot of
work to do and you gotta master the pen tool.
SOLEFRESH23:
i've seen people put photos in a polaroid frame thing. How do you do that ?

www.sum-1.com/polaroid-picture/

There are other ways with angles and what not but that one is the
simple way.

Hope that helps.

Peace.
"...I find a place in my heart for this hip-hop.....And pump blood through my vein my skin get hot
I take you very serious and make you write more.....If I don't celebrate I got nothing to fight for
I'm tight raw, excite y'all like nightfall.....I'm tight y'all, I walk the street like y'all..."[h2]Get your realize._skullCREST Tee! HERE! or Email me @ [/h2]realize.designs@gmail.com

Quote:
If you took the pictures in a high resolution it shouldnt of came out
grainy. When you resize it, it should of been crisp and clear. Are
you sure you are viewing it at 100%?

Im positive. I did resize them to 640x480 and it made it better, but not that much better, the pics still look a bit grainy. I didn't use photoshop to resize them, I used infranview, could that be the problem?

Also, I have another question. One of the pictures has to much bright in them (the middle of the photo is brighter than the rest) how do I fix that or tone it down?

Also, another question (I know, sorry... but im trying to learn) how do you take multiple shots of you in one area or room? Saw something like that from members in the shoe showoff post section, look pretty cool.

Thank's, any help would be appreciated.

Sup_
Markell3000:
i was hoping there was an easier way, but thanks J20

You and me both. Just keep practicing bro.

Raadius:
Im positive. I did resize them to 640x480 and it made it better, but not that much better, the pics still look a bit grainy. I didn't use photoshop to resize them, I used infranview, could that be the problem?
Also, I have another question. One of the pictures has to much bright in them (the middle of the photo is brighter than the rest) how do I fix that or tone it down?

Also, another question (I know, sorry... but im trying to learn) how do you take multiple shots of you in one area or room? Saw something like that from members in the shoe showoff post section, look pretty cool.

Thank's, any help would be appreciated.

WOW!. hahaah.

Okay let me see.

1) Ive never used infranview, so that might be the case. Go back to the
original picture and open it in PS. Resize it about 50% and see if it is
still blurry. But from my personal experience, every time I upload the high
resolution pics and resize them. The pic becomes real crisp and clear.

2) You can try and lower the levels and mess around with the Contrast
or Brightness. If it is still bright you can try and patch it up using the
Patch tool to match that area.

3) For multiple shots, I believe there was already a tutorial done. But its
just basically 3 layers in one. Take 3 seperate pics in different positions.
Do not move the camera.

Trying looking through this post again to find it. If not, I will have to do
a step by step process later. I am too lazy to do it now.

Hope that helps.

Peace.

I HAVE A QUESTION!

how do people make the effect on their pictures to make them look like they have been splattered on....

example
s2v40p.jpg

And you gon' need more than stitches to patch that leak up
Chump like me up my mouth TB'd up
With the plush leather guts steady grippin' the butt​
oh, and u suck

Quote:

Sounds like noise to me - common when resizing jpegs.

Search online for a noise reducer - there are plenty of free ones.

I'm on vacation right now so can't remember the name of the one I use (I know, browsing NT on vacation :smh:
nono.gif
)

Rather than the image being blurry it has interference in it when it was resized. You can also try playing with the settings when you make it smaller - like it gives you options when you resize it - can't remember the name of the options though - basically different ways to reduce the file size while keeping the image as good as possible.

There's a free version of NeatImage available here which looks like it will do the job.

what about if u dont have the brush??? Is there a way to download them??

And you gon' need more than stitches to patch that leak up
Chump like me up my mouth TB'd up
With the plush leather guts steady grippin' the butt​
oh, and u suck

Quote:
2) You can try and lower the levels and mess around with the Contrast
or Brightness. If it is still bright you can try and patch it up using the
Patch tool to match that area.

I tried using the contrast/brightness but that didn't turnout well. I started using the "patch tool", but it's not coming out right. It's just moving one area of the picture over another, it's not helping the brightness. Can you explain a bit more... im really confused.

Quote:
what about if u dont have the brush??? Is there a way to download them??

If you have PS CS2, it should be there. When you are selecting a brush, there will be alittle arrow to the right of the little window that opened. Open that and select load brushes. it should be under the file name splatter or something like that.
[/url]​

how do you make the text to stand out even more other than making it Strong? are there anymore effects out there for texts for it to stand out?

^ make it bevelled or put a drop shadow on it or something.

Basically just makeyour text then right click on the layer and go to blending options. Play around with the different setting until you get the effect that you like.

Back
Top Bottom