Pick-up basketball in Vancouver or neighboring cities?

For me, I usually ball at the Richmond Olympic Oval and for outdoors, I go Dolphin or Thompson.
Anybody from Vancouver know any places in Vancouver? Thanks.

does richmond have any good hoopers
i wanna run at thompson or dolphin, what kinda dudes ball there

thompson, have lotsa players cuz there's like a couple of bball courts.. now as for players, u should come and check it out..

In Richmond, there are lots of ballers of Asian descent (like myself). I never really go to Thompson or other open gyms anymore ever since I got the OlympicOval membership. But lately, the Oval doesn't seem like much of a competition.. Wondering where the Richmond/Vancouver ballers at this summer?!

BTW, does anyone watch or participate in the annual Dolphin Park Classic (relocated to Thompson though)? This year was SICK. Dunk competition included GoldenChild from TFB, and the Bekkering brothers... Golden Child is so damn sick!

i wasn't able to watch it.. i was suppose to go to that said event..

anyways, Richmond Oval's kinda pricey for those who just wants to play pickup games.. some of us, just wants to play ball anyways nothin else.. i playedonce in the Oval and yes it was grand.. what's best about it is that, it has that feel of pro courts to it.

not a fan of the oval... the rings are bad, floor is slippery, its cold as hell and the people playing are eh... $8 drop in is pretty ok IMO but still UBC hasbetter players and its free to play if you're a student there.. well not really coz i just found out that there's a $200 charge in my tuition forsports!!!!

are there any mens leagues comin up?...

hows the comp at dolphin and thompson?...

nerd.gif

dolphin was sick
i was there all 3 days, kickin it in the beer garden
pimp.gif

for vancouver yall should hoop at kits, nothin better than beach ball
its pretty much like bonsor

Yeah, Richmond Oval is so damn cold, especially after a quick game, it really freezes you up. I usually just go there for working out and just improving my owngame. I would love to go Kits, but it's too far for me. Will be checking out Livestock at West 4 tomorrow, so I might as well drop by at Kits.

Oh and man, that dude Casey Archibald from Dolphin Classic was nuts... Dude is WET from behind the line... The guy dropped 10 treys in that final game, totalof 44 points. Too bad they lost though

dolphin tourney is the place to be. M-o-n... M-o-n... M-o-n-k-e-y-s!!!

as for pick up, kits and granville island are decent, if you're on the north shore west van rec centre is alright as well.

forgot about granville island, thats a dope spot

me and my dude tore down the rim on the hoop by the water a while back
laugh.gif

thats why its not glass anymore

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

In Richmond, there are lots of ballers of Asian descent (like myself). I never really go to Thompson or other open gyms anymore ever since I got the Olympic Oval membership. But lately, the Oval doesn't seem like much of a competition.. Wondering where the Richmond/Vancouver ballers at this summer?!

BTW, does anyone watch or participate in the annual Dolphin Park Classic (relocated to Thompson though)? This year was SICK. Dunk competition included Golden Child from TFB, and the Bekkering brothers... Golden Child is so damn sick!

I haven't been to Dolphin Park in a couple years but I heard that dunk contest was crazy. I watched Golden Child do something amazing off of one of myfriend's phones, didn't know who he was before then.

I don't really play anymore but SFU isn't bad if you can get up there. No one will check for ID and playing against most of the dudes up there willreally get your confidence up.

Back
Top Bottom