Pickup basketball stereotypes.

the dude who plays no defense the entire game and his man scores the majority of the points. but after the game he is practicing his dunks. like where was all this energy on defense during the game, now you got time to try to dunk

the dude who makes the game 1 vs. 9

the dude who lets the sideline get to him. if his man is eating him up he feels as if he has to get him back the very next play by scoring or trying to cross him over etc. get him back with a backscreen, a rebound, or something basic -- i hate this guy to no end.

the gatorade/powerade bottle is empty let me keep filling it up with water guy

the guy who gets picked up to play because they need one but does not play hard because his squad is next and he just wants to get warmed up -- basically killing that teams chance of winning

the "dope boy" no one want to foul because if you do that could be the end of you -- or if you foul him to hard you have a fight on your hands

the i need to get myself back into shape guy. you have three kids married and work for a living, the days of you getting back into shape like highschool are gone. get over it and just move on..you have a family to provide and take care of

the token old man -- he gets on a team with a decent four people, they run the court and he doesn't anything stupid with the ball, plays good defense and hits all the big shots and make all the right passes, but is the most unatheletic guy on the floor...

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not like any of these guys :lol:
I definitely see them a lot though.

If anything I'm probably the player coach, ONLY when I'm playing with my boys and they're playing like absolute trash :lol:
I'll tell them to cut, or to go back up for an easy layup after getting a board, but instead they decided to kick it back out or dribble back out to take a 3 :smh:

I sort of play like Kobe (honestly, thats who I modeled my game after as a kid), so I hog a little :lol:

Thats one thing they forgot too, the ball hog, or the guy who is actually really good but doesn't get his team involved

Then theres the ball hog who can't play for ****. :smh:

OR the fluke shot guy who doesn't have a form AT ALL but somehow the craziest looking **** goes in :x :smh:

I hate when nigas call fouls on the most stupid ****. "Aye man, thats a foul. He tapped my stomach." or "He touched my rib"

Come on famb. Getting touched isn't a FOUL. Getting hit is a foul. This is a pickup game, there ain't no refs, and this ain't regulation. Take some contact :smh:

chu mean bro, if i shoot a J and you touch my stomach or touch my rib thats a foul :rolleyes

the i need to get myself back into shape guy. you have three kids married and work for a living, the days of you getting back into shape like highschool are gone. get over it and just move on..you have a family to provide and take care of

the token old man -- he gets on a team with a decent four people, they run the court and he doesn't anything stupid with the ball, plays good defense and hits all the big shots and make all the right passes, but is the most unatheletic guy on the floor...
Not sure what is wrong with either of those. So once we get old were suppose to just stop playing ball?

I have kids and a wife and i'm very out of shape but still love hooping and if I get a little workout why not? 

Not sure what is wrong with either of those. So once we get old were suppose to just stop playing ball?

I have kids and a wife and i'm very out of shape but still love hooping and if I get a little workout why not? 

nothing wrong with them -- just naming the types of personalities during pickup basketball. heck i'm old myself....

Now that I think about it. I could be player coach, but only when I'm balling hard and everyone else acting like Kwames

the Paul Pierce type dudes. You see him warm up and his jump shot looks wack, he's slow, his footwork is clumsy but when the game starts he's schoolin everybody and you don't know how.

chu mean bro, if i shoot a J and you touch my stomach or touch my rib thats a foul :rolleyes

You terry cloth. Prolly be flopping in pickup games.

okay "kobe" :lol:

:lol: Its funny how I'm talking to the real life "foul" guy right now.

Really? getting tapped on the stomach is a foul? No real pressure? No force? Just light contact is a foul to you?

Its always the jumpshot guy who has NO other aspect to his game that cries foul too. The guy who has no ball handling ability, can't drive, misses layups when there's a man in the lane, and unless you're WIDE OPEN theres only a 35% chance you'll actually make the shot anyway.

You call foul because throughout the game, a series of these things happen. And when you finally do get that open opportunity for a bucket after countless trips up and down the floor, someone actually plays defense and you look for the SMALLEST thing to call just so you can check the ball back up top.

:rofl:

Being touched =/= foul

Nobody wants to play a game up to 21 for an hour+ just cause you're pretty boy attitude prevents us from finishing the damn game. Every possession down ends in a foul.

Then we argue for 15 minutes about the call.

"SHOOT FOR IT THEN. BALL DON'T LIE"

OF COURSE THE ***** WHO CAN ONLY MAKE WIDE OPEN 3 POINTERS WANTS TO SHOOT FOR IT :lol:

Last edited:
I hate the football guys. My friend is like that but he absolutely has no clue how to play ball. You attack the rim and go for a layup and this dude pushed you in mid-air on some NBA JAM type steez. :smh:

Really? getting tapped on the stomach is a foul? No real pressure? No force? Just light contact is a foul to you?

Its always the jumpshot guy who has NO other aspect to his game that cries foul too. The guy who has no ball handling ability, can't drive, misses layups when there's a man in the lane, and unless you're WIDE OPEN theres only a 35% chance you'll actually make the shot anyway.

You call foul because throughout the game, a series of these things happen. And when you finally do get that open opportunity for a bucket after countless trips up and down the floor, someone actually plays defense and you look for the SMALLEST thing to call just so you can check the ball back up top.

Being touched =/= foul

Nobody wants to play a game up to 21 for an hour+ just cause you're pretty boy attitude prevents us from finishing the damn game. Every possession down ends in a foul.

OF COURSE THE ***** WHO CAN ONLY MAKE WIDE OPEN 3 POINTERS WANTS TO SHOOT FOR IT :lol:

:lol: i was talking about in a league game where a guy reaches out to jab you in the stomach, didn't read all of your posts that you were talking about a streetball game. if you touch my elbow when i'm shooting im calling a foul though idgaf.

why u mad tho :lol: :lol:

The one or two guys that refuse to give up their side of the court so you can't run full

I totally hate this..

There will be 10 people at the gym ready to ball..6 out of ten.. the majority of us want to run full court.. however four of them are "best friends" who only want to play half so they can play against each other..

Being touched =/= foul

:lol: i was talking about in a league game where a guy reaches out to jab you in the stomach, didn't read all of your posts that you were talking about a streetball game. if you touch my elbow when i'm shooting im calling a foul though idgaf.

why u mad tho :lol: :lol:

Man :lol:

Luxury car thread got me in this argumentative mood right now. My bad.

the tall guy who only shoots threes is the worst. dudes are like 6'6'' and want to run the point. :smh:
i cant stand the dude who sucks so nobody guards him and then he will have a game he makes 3 3 pointers and he tells everybody about how he dominated :smh:
or the guy that can't play defense worth **** and then complains that its his teammates fault his team lost
and the people who never help on a screen and lets the dude shoot a wide open three and then look at you like its your fault. :smh:
or the guys who can only score on you when you get screened and then talk **** about how they are so good

:rofl: as yall can tell i can't stand the dudes who don't have any basketball iq at all but think they are dope

All of this. I CAN'T STAND those non-basketball IQ having *** ******. **** boils my blood :smh:

Dudes that want to run a full court when there's only 2 rims on a court and you got a group that wants to run 4v4.
Oh my bad I ain't know yall ************* paid for these courts. Foh

I actually hate the cats that try to prevent you from playing full. If there's only one court then it should be used for full court exclusively.

i mean... i cant be upset cuz its smart...

but i hate when the other team KNOWS that one of your players has never been a guy that's played basketball ever (catch these types at 24 hour fitness alot)...

so the other team basically leaves him, and double teams the ball... you're playing 4 on 5 basically...

and you're scare to even throw him the ball cuz he might dribble it off his feet... i dont hate the sorry guy... its not his fault he cant hoop...

its just how the other team exploits it so blatantly... :lol:

Dudes that want to run a full court when there's only 2 rims on a court and you got a group that wants to run 4v4.

I actually hate the cats that try to prevent you from playing full. If there's only one court then it should be used for full court exclusively.
Nah. It's a public park. Indoors ? Aight maybe. Outdoors? Who the **** plays full court outdoors.

or the guys who can only score on you when you get screened and then talk **** about how they are so good
Played with some dude like this
mean.gif
.  Had his boy doing moving screens, so I called him out and he's like "we don't call that ***** s***."  So I'm like whatever.  Dude does an iso on the next play to take me 1-on-1 and he can't get past me, so his boy sets another screen
eyes.gif

Tall guy that gets hella hyped after blocking someone half his height
mean.gif
.   Like, dude's lack of game shows when good ballers come out, so he tries to get in on games when short dudes are playing...

Nah. It's a public park. Indoors ? Aight maybe. Outdoors? Who the **** plays full court outdoors.

I personally don't anymore but IMO if there's only one court and there's at least 10 trying to run they should be able to run.

It's completely different if there's multiple courts and dudes just salty they can't hang on the #1 court

The we only need 2 to win but keeps taking contested 3s guy smh I HATE U

The we only need 2 to win but keeps taking contested 3s guy smh I HATE U
all about first too 11 but shooting to win with 12 
pimp.gif

when dealing with guys that call fouls on everything i just laugh while giving them the ball back so they know everyone thinks they're a clown (usually these people are scrubs and we end up winning anyways)

Dude who calls fouls like we're in the nba. I jump straight up and don't touch him, "its a foul you're in the restricted area. That's a foul"
:rofl: WUT?

Last edited:
Tall guy that shoots 3's = A PG to actual basketball player.

"Because I'm only 5'9, 6'3 is like Shaq to me, so I think you should work the paint.." :rolleyes

Under that logic, you shouldn't even be playing unless your 6ft plus.

Back
Top Bottom