M.I.A.
Kala

Radiohead
In Rainbows

Spoon
Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

The White Stripes
Icky Thump

[color= rgb(153, 153, 255)]are the only non-hip-hop/rap albums that I've heard listed ... guess I'lllisten if I run across any of the others ...[/color]

What the %+## is up with Rolling Stone, GQ and now Pitchfork co-signing on Lil Wayne this year? $$!!$%# disgusting.

And where is Year Zero?

I'm really surprised El-P's "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" didn't make the list at all. I don't think i read one bad reviewfor that album.

8 diagrams better then Big doe rehab, you're jokin right?
Da drought infront of Kanye and Ghost....what?
INteresting list, James Blount? Foo fighters? I dot know.

One of my dudes was straight up infuriated when Panda Bear got the #1 slot, sounded like Chris Walken in Wedding Crashers...
Some people call that art, it's crap!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

8 diagrams better then Big doe rehab, you're jokin right?
Da drought infront of Kanye and Ghost....what?
INteresting list, James Blount? Foo fighters? I dot know.
laugh.gif
I just laughed when I saw that.....pitchfork aint relevant no more....but for real I'm surprised I got some fellow NTers like u and young dr0who mess with Foo Fighters
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FPListheillest

laugh.gif
I just laughed when I saw that.....pitchfork aint relevant no more....but for real I'm surprised I got some fellow NTers like u and young dr0 who mess with Foo Fighters
pimp.gif

I don't know why you surprised fam. Foo is definately ...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Where's the Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Interpol, Devendra Banhart?

And to everyone name dropping the Foos right now where were you when i made the thread about them last week?

C'mon lets be serious, that Foo Fighters album sucked.

I know Pitchfork isn't too high on metal, but I've seen them do a handful of reviews. I'm surprised they didn't throw Wolves In The ThroneRoom's latest on there.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Where's the Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Interpol, Devendra Banhart?

And to everyone name dropping the Foos right now where were you when i made the thread about them last week?
Word? I didnt see it...I wouldve commented for sure

I hate the way it's set up, and I'm lazy so I don't feel like going through a lot of the pages, so I'll just kinda stay with the firs two.

I don't know if you have heard the Panda album, but if you even partially get the hard-on that I do from Brian Wilson and generally awesome melodicexperimental pop, you should enjoy it. Everything else in the top 10ish I would imagine you would've listened to. The Burial joint is awesome and I evengot a lot of enjoyment out of the Of Montreal album. It doesn't even make me feel quasi-homosexual like a lot of their other stuff does.

I don't know if you've acquired the Deerhunter stuff, but it's pretty awesome. I didn't go through the list to see if it was on there, but youshould also get the Vampire Weekend EP if you haven't.

They definitely got the best album of the year right. I still listen to Panda Bear non stop. Pure pop, melodic bliss.

Burial- Untrue is also awesome. Beriut album is cool. Deerhoof is very good. Liars is good, can't wait to see them live. Justice is sick. Battles is fun tolisten to.

I don't get a throbbing erection from experimental pop like my above compadre, but even I liked the Panda Bear album, and I don't normally care for theAnimal Collective stuff. LCD Soundsystem's album was the soundtrack for a lot of this year for me. The Les Savy Fav album is great, as is the OkkervilRiver, Justice and the new Iron and Wine is pretty good too. You probably got the Radiohead and the Arcade Fire albums. I finally like a Jens Lekman album thewhole way through this year, the Spoon and the The Field albums are good. I didn't give The Battles' or The National's albums decent spins, but Ihear they're good.

Missing from the list are Nine Inch Nail's Year Zero, Arctic Monkey's Favourite Worst Nightmare, Rivers Cuomo's Alone, Biffy Clyro's Puzzle...eh. I think they left a lot of %%@% off.

radiohead and animal collective are my numer 1 and 2. sooo good. and even that panda bear album is good. but mostly strawberry jam has been my album since itcame out.

Back
Top Bottom