PIXAR & DISNEY ANIMATIONS FILM thread - Pixars SOUL out now

Agree with everything you said about Encanto and “Dos Oruguitas” ksteezy ksteezy , I don’t even speak Spanish but that **** hit like a MF…

Excited for Turning Red, dope to see RT has it at 93% currently. BAO was a pleasant surprise so I’m looking forward to Domee do her thing with this.

Turning Red was aight, don’t understand how it’s rated so high though. Love Domee’s art style, diversity of character, and the love to Toronto, but the story just wasn’t all that great to me.

Saw the movie today. I enjoyed it. So did my kid.

I won’t lie. I was a little perplexed by the inclusion but was like whatever. Also the villain. Grumble, grumble. It kind of made no sense. But the character arc, humor, action were perfect. As well as the art.

I’m completely perplexed by Disney.

Quality wise

It’s Pixar

Disney Animated Movies

MCU Movies

MCU TV Shows (way down on the sixth level of hell).

Star Wars TV Shows (between the sixth and seventh level)

Star Wars Movies

I like the planning, scope of MCU.

But I wish they could sprinkle Pixar pixie dust elsewhere in the company. I was telling my daughter Lightyear was legit the first Pixar movie where I didn’t have the feels brought out of me. They do such a great job of characterization, solid writing/dialogue, and drawing emotion out (that first scene in Up is still one of the saddest).

Saw the movie today. I enjoyed it. So did my kid.

I won’t lie. I was a little perplexed by the inclusion but was like whatever. Also the villain. Grumble, grumble. It kind of made no sense. But the character arc, humor, action were perfect. As well as the art.

I’m completely perplexed by Disney.

Quality wise

It’s Pixar

Disney Animated Movies

MCU Movies

MCU TV Shows (way down on the sixth level of hell).

Star Wars TV Shows (between the sixth and seventh level)

Star Wars Movies
not even surprised. they got that kardashian garbage on Disney.

Did anyone on here watch Lightyear?

The overall response to it seem tepid at best.

Still gonna check it out on Disney+

i think they made a mistake of recasting buzz, that seemed unnecessary

and i know tim allen is a sexist idiot but he'll be back as regular buzz in the next toy story film and i believe he is still involved in the santa clause movie for D+ so its not like he's being cancelled or theyre afraid of the backlash

it also doesnt help that some of these films go to streaming service with quickness, thats the one reason why i skipped this one in the theaters

i think they made a mistake of recasting buzz, that seemed unnecessary

and i know tim allen is a sexist idiot but he'll be back as regular buzz in the next toy story film and i believe he is still involved in the santa clause movie for D+ so its not like he's being cancelled or theyre afraid of the backlash

it also doesnt help that some of these films go to streaming service with quickness, thats the one reason why i skipped this one in the theaters
How is it recasting when Tim Allen played a toy version of Buzz?

It would make no sense having him voice the character. There needs to a clear separation between the "real life" person Buzz and the toy we see in Toy Story.

because people dont care about that, id understand it if this was live-action and you cant physically have tim allen play buzz but its animation, its not going to take you away from the film while i think it had the opposite effect

my little cousin who loves toy story who saw the commercial a few months ago seemed confused about it because allens voice was ingrained in his brain

there doesnt need to be a distinction, people know Tim Allens as Buzz, love him as Buzz and he is Buzz to most kids and now adult who grew up watching toy story and its an unnecessary change to use Evans because no one was going to complain that the "real" buzz sounded like the toy buzz

even Tom Hanks wondered why tim allen wasn't just used

because people dont care about that, id understand it if this was live-action and you cant physically have tim allen play buzz but its animation, its not going to take you away from the film while i think it had the opposite effect

my little cousin who loves toy story who saw the commercial a few months ago seemed confused about it because allens voice was ingrained in his brain

there doesnt need to be a distinction, people know Tim Allens as Buzz, love him as Buzz and he is Buzz to most kids and now adult who grew up watching toy story and its an unnecessary change to use Evans because no one was going to complain that the "real" buzz sounded like the toy buzz

There does need to be a distinction. Its not that hard to grasp why they wouldn't use Tim Allens voice if you're not watching a toy on screen whetever it's live action or not. This is a different person, and therefore should have a different voice if they want him to be portrayed as a human. Its really not rocket science. Were you upset at Lil Penny not being voiced by Penny Hardaway?

im just explaining why no cared to see the film, a lot are confused by this concept including my little cousin, he doesnt care and it seems many others didnt care either and it was enough to keep them away from seeing the film just like a lot of my friends and family who didnt see it… just expressing my personal experience, im not just pulling this out of my *ss :rofl:

im not mad at the concept or upset at this film, i have no dog in the fight, im simply waiting to watch it on D+… i mean i really dont care :lol: so the penny analogy isnt going to hit hard as you may think it will :lol:

plus it doesnt make sense… lil penny is a different character from penny hardaway, its more akin to dr evil and mini me so really that analogy doesnt even work, they existed at the same time as separate characters…

buzz is a toy based on the character but its not far fetch for that character to voice the toy… its like if they made a talking Lebron action figure, Lebrons going to record the voice for that action figure… Hardaway wont record Lil Pennys voice because Hardway isnt Lil Penny

You can blame that on these movements trying to enforce their political agenda on the movie content. It's more prevalent now than it was decades prior to these Karens.

just finished lightyear and yeah not using tim allen makes absolutely no sense

i thought this was suppose to be based on a “real life character” in this movie verse and thats what the toy is based off of him and why the voice could have possibly been different but right from the start it said that Andys toy Buzz is based on a movie and that it is THIS movie

Evans also seemed to be try to imitate Tim Allen in some ways, its weird

but the toy is just based on a movie character in the pixarverse so the “actor” in the movie could have just lent his voice to the toy Andy has anyways just like Tim Allen and Tom Hanks voice are used on the actual, real life Buzz and Woody toys, that explanation is much clearer and straight forward and probably brought the toy story fans in the theaters

just baffling, Disney is probably contractually obligated to give Evans a few movies outside of Marvel and gave him this just like Scarlet has a few projects with Disney that isnt Marvel related

Back
Top Bottom