PIZZA FROM NY!!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.
I've traveled a bit.. and I can say that every place outside of the NYC tri-state area has what I considered had sub-par thin crust pizza.  from poor dough, to even worse sauce..
ps. best Crabcakes I've had? O'Brycki's - Bmore

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

We got some pizza that rivals NYC.  Shout out to Tudino's in Hoboken.

1 slice is eqivalant to 2 of them little a-- slices you get in NYC.
koronet on 111th & bway>>>>Tudino's in Hoboken

But Dirty, you are from the Tri-State area. You can't see how your opinion on the matter has a natural bias in there?

But Dirty, you are from the Tri-State area. You can't see how your opinion on the matter has a natural bias in there?

There are def spots in NYC with HUGE slices just like that. Try Koronet Pizza. Its on Broadway by Columbia University.

There are def spots in NYC with HUGE slices just like that. Try Koronet Pizza. Its on Broadway by Columbia University.

Originally Posted by imaballerballer

i think crab cakes are a perfect example to the contrary. you have to have the blue crabs & they're better fresh. the crabs around the chesapeake are its own species. you can't get that just anywhere. also, you need the recipe. some people have not even heard of crab cakes

also, for some reason, take out chinese up north tastes completely different than down south. don't even think about mumbo sauce either
i live in south texas and at the market they have live blue crab.  air transport and globalization for the most part changed how easy it is to have stuff like that sent across the country.

Originally Posted by imaballerballer

i think crab cakes are a perfect example to the contrary. you have to have the blue crabs & they're better fresh. the crabs around the chesapeake are its own species. you can't get that just anywhere. also, you need the recipe. some people have not even heard of crab cakes

also, for some reason, take out chinese up north tastes completely different than down south. don't even think about mumbo sauce either
i live in south texas and at the market they have live blue crab.  air transport and globalization for the most part changed how easy it is to have stuff like that sent across the country.

New Haven > New York > Wherever else
I've haven't been to the Chi since I was real young but the pizza is probably bangin

I'm from NY by the way

New Haven > New York > Wherever else
I've haven't been to the Chi since I was real young but the pizza is probably bangin

I'm from NY by the way

I had pizza down south and on the west coast. Down south ( not gonna name which state but I took 1 bite out of it and threw it away). On the west coast to see fam, and their idea of "authentic" pizza is Sbarro's. So yeah.....umm.

I had pizza down south and on the west coast. Down south ( not gonna name which state but I took 1 bite out of it and threw it away). On the west coast to see fam, and their idea of "authentic" pizza is Sbarro's. So yeah.....umm.

How can you make such a statement? Who considers that authentic? Come on now.

I have had pizza in LA, Stephanos on the Santa Monica pier and it was beautiful pizza.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stefanos-santa-monica

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yea thinking about pizza from the South just seems wierd. Not sure if I have ever eaten pizza south of VA

How can you make such a statement? Who considers that authentic? Come on now.

I have had pizza in LA, Stephanos on the Santa Monica pier and it was beautiful pizza.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stefanos-santa-monica

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yea thinking about pizza from the South just seems wierd. Not sure if I have ever eaten pizza south of VA

lucali-margherita-brooklyn-nyt.jpg

Lucali's in Brooklyn

JohnsPizzaBleecker__CheesePizza_v1_34_-_Version_2jpg-v3.JPEG

Johns on Bleeker

show me a place in Seattle, Boulder, Nashville or even Albany that makes a pie as good as those.

lucali-margherita-brooklyn-nyt.jpg

Lucali's in Brooklyn

JohnsPizzaBleecker__CheesePizza_v1_34_-_Version_2jpg-v3.JPEG

Johns on Bleeker

show me a place in Seattle, Boulder, Nashville or even Albany that makes a pie as good as those.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

This thread nnneeeedddss pics!
This pizza is from a brazilian spot, the cheese in this pizza had a zestiness that I hadnt taste in other pizzas. but I always enjoy the waitresess
devil.gif
i know looks can be decieving..but man..that looks like frozen pizza from the grocery store.
No hate, but this is why i dont eat pizza its to damn greasy. They could atleast drain the grease from the pepperoni before they bake it.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

This thread nnneeeedddss pics!
This pizza is from a brazilian spot, the cheese in this pizza had a zestiness that I hadnt taste in other pizzas. but I always enjoy the waitresess
devil.gif
i know looks can be decieving..but man..that looks like frozen pizza from the grocery store.
No hate, but this is why i dont eat pizza its to damn greasy. They could atleast drain the grease from the pepperoni before they bake it.

Originally Posted by IamMD

You mean to tell me they have ovens, ingredients, and knowledge that isn't readily available to the rest of the world?!?
Actually, tap water is different state to state. Dead up. Tap water in NY is very good by most standards. You can smell the difference in the water when you shower in Florida.

That's why the pizza, bread, bagels etc. are usually better in NY. Since everything is pretty much made with some water (dough is water + flour).

So yea, the ingredients are different.

Originally Posted by IamMD

You mean to tell me they have ovens, ingredients, and knowledge that isn't readily available to the rest of the world?!?
Actually, tap water is different state to state. Dead up. Tap water in NY is very good by most standards. You can smell the difference in the water when you shower in Florida.

That's why the pizza, bread, bagels etc. are usually better in NY. Since everything is pretty much made with some water (dough is water + flour).

So yea, the ingredients are different.

Back
Top Bottom